Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

I watch them and when they look plump I pick one and disperse its contents directly on white pistils. If nothing comes out, I wait longer. After a week or so of picking them, they will all start to open and pour out on their own. At that point I just let nature take its course and my fans push the pollen around. For a more detailed explanation, check out post #1421 on this thread, its on page 95. It shows the instructions I followed exactly for my first two successful pollen rounds.

:passitleft:

I watch them and when they look plump I pick one and disperse its contents directly on white pistils. If nothing comes out, I wait longer. After a week or so of picking them, they will all start to open and pour out on their own. At that point I just let nature take its course and my fans push the pollen around. For a more detailed explanation, check out post #1421 on this thread, its on page 95. It shows the instructions I followed exactly for my first two successful pollen rounds.

:passitleft:

Thank you very much! Bookmarked! :Namaste:

I got a good number of these seeds from the 1 plant, a hefty lot. I might be picking out beans til the cows come home. :thanks: OG kush x Rainbow kush seeds
F20A9665-F018-4F14-B8B1-B2A72B0A8369.jpeg

:420:

Embarking on another seed making journey.

What I've got reversing...

Panama x Malawi #1, #2, #3 and #5
Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG

I've sprayed them with home-made colloidal silver for about a week, and just flipped to 12/12 today. I'm going to flower them under a T5 and hope that will still give me enough pollen sacks.

IMG_20180206_015152.jpg

Then in my other tent under a CMH I have...

Panama x Malawi #2, #3 and #5
Jack Herer Auto

Waiting until the 28th to flip these ones so that the reversal plants start shooting out pollen on time.

(The center one got switched for the Jack Herer)
IMG_20180204_085414.jpg

For the Panama x Malawi, I'm mostly going to be doing Self'ing so that the Panama x Malawi #2, #3 and #5 get self'd, but since I scrapped #1 I will probably pollinate the Platinum GSC x Cherry OG and the Auto Jack with that, as well as pollen from the #2, #3 and #5. I may also try to pollinate the Panama x Malawis with the Platinum GSC x Cherry OG pollen.

I'm kind of tempted to just wait until I have lots of open sacks and just sticking a branch in there and open pollinating, but I want to try to keep track of what's crossed with what, plus I'm going to be trying to pollinate individual buds instead of getting a huge seed crop.

But with this venture I've learned not to make too many plans until you actually get your pollen, so we'll see what I end up working with, but I hope to at least self my 3 distinct Panama x Malawi phenotypes as well as cross #5 with #1 as they're very similar.

Embarking on another seed making journey.

What I've got reversing...

Panama x Malawi #1, #2, #3 and #5

I've sprayed them with home-made colloidal silver for about a week, and just flipped to 12/12 today. I'm going to flower them under a T5 and hope that will still give me enough pollen sacks.

IMG_20180206_015152.jpg

Then in my other tent under a CMH I have...

Panama x Malawi #2, #3 and #5
Jack Herer Auto

Waiting until the 28th to flip these ones so that the reversal plants start shooting out pollen on time.

(The center one got switched for the Jack Herer)
IMG_20180204_085414.jpg

For the Panama x Malawi, I'm mostly going to be doing Self'ing so that the Panama x Malawi #2, #3 and #5 get self'd, but since I scrapped #1 I will probably pollinate the Platinum GSC x Cherry OG and the Auto Jack with that, as well as pollen from the #2, #3 and #5. I may also try to pollinate the Panama x Malawis with the Platinum GSC x Cherry OG pollen.

I'm kind of tempted to just wait until I have lots of open sacks and just sticking a branch in there and open pollinating, but I want to try to keep track of what's crossed with what, plus I'm going to be trying to pollinate individual buds instead of getting a huge seed crop.

But with this venture I've learned not to make too many plans until you actually get your pollen, so we'll see what I end up working with, but I hope to at least self my 3 distinct Panama x Malawi phenotypes as well as cross #5 with #1 as they're very similar.

yeah..Not keeping track of pollen from plant to plant gave me the " (+) "in my Z'ACE seeds...
LMAO..,,.

Quick question for all those using either CS or STS....

Has anyone successfully been able to take a plant that IS feminized, and create pollen from it?

Not talking about a female plant from regular seeds, but a female plant made from feminized seeds?

I am really starting to think this is the reason that I am not getting the pollen sacks to produce pollen in my grows. I get big clusters of pollen sacks, but 0 (zero) pollen... I can't figure out why after trying with 4 different strains that I am only getting pollen sacks and not pollen.

I've tried spraying 1x per day, 2x per day... spraying the first 15 days and stopping, spraying all the way into pollen sacs forming... and nothing has worked other than my Black Cherry Soda which produced a ton of pollen.. (not sure if it came from fem seeds or regulars).

I don't get it.. I've seen others on other forums also have the same issue with getting pollen sacks but no pollen. I am starting to think it has to do with trying to create pollen with "feminized" female plants. The only other thing that I think may be a factor is that I top my plants a lot... and I read somewhere on a different forum about topping the plants influencing the process, but there was no detail or proof so it could be good or bad info... not sure..

All I know is I have now wasted 4 cycles trying to make pollen from different strains with CS.. and none of them have produced pollen, with the exception of the trainwreck which produced a handful of seeds in the other plants in the tent.. but no visible pollen was present.

Really trying to figure this out...... Anyone else having the same issue of pollen sacks with no pollen?

Has anyone successfully been able to take a plant that IS feminized, and create pollen from it?

Not talking about a female plant from regular seeds, but a female plant made from feminized seeds?

I am really starting to think this is the reason that I am not getting the pollen sacks to produce pollen in my grows. I get big clusters of pollen sacks, but 0 (zero) pollen... I can't figure out why after trying with 4 different strains that I am only getting pollen sacks and not pollen.

I've tried spraying 1x per day, 2x per day... spraying the first 15 days and stopping, spraying all the way into pollen sacs forming... and nothing has worked other than my Black Cherry Soda which produced a ton of pollen.. (not sure if it came from fem seeds or regulars).

I don't get it.. I've seen others on other forums also have the same issue with getting pollen sacks but no pollen. I am starting to think it has to do with trying to create pollen with "feminized" female plants. The only other thing that I think may be a factor is that I top my plants a lot... and I read somewhere on a different forum about topping the plants influencing the process, but there was no detail or proof so it could be good or bad info... not sure..

All I know is I have now wasted 4 cycles trying to make pollen from different strains with CS.. and none of them have produced pollen, with the exception of the trainwreck which produced a handful of seeds in the other plants in the tent.. but no visible pollen was present.

Really trying to figure this out...... Anyone else having the same issue of pollen sacks with no pollen?
The Blackberry Kush I feminized was a bagseed, and I don't know if it was cross pollinated, but I don't think so. I got a very small amount of pollen off it but still got seeds. I think electro gypsy has fem'd fems.

Graytail, are you soon starting anything new? :)

I'm planning to run more Golden Tiger+ and Zam+, and I think I'll run a Panama+, too. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll do 'em with a short 30 day veg and then let 'em go. They're manageable that way. Did you see that Golden Tiger I still have? I flipped it Nov 13 and it looks like it might be in mid-bloom now. :laugh: 100+ days so far.

I'm planning to run more Golden Tiger+ and Zam+, and I think I'll run a Panama+, too. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll do 'em with a short 30 day veg and then let 'em go. They're manageable that way. Did you see that Golden Tiger I still have? I flipped it Nov 13 and it looks like it might be in mid-bloom now. :laugh: 100+ days so far.
Midbloom! :rofl:

I’ve pollinated different fems using pollen from using both CS and STS. On Autos too.
Nismo created his red devil? I believe using STS

:)

So far using STS twice now i've gotten both times to create a shit ton of seeds on different plants using 1 of the plants to reverse. I used all fem seeds and fem auto seeds.

So far using STS twice now i've gotten both times to create a shit ton of seeds on different plants using 1 of the plants to reverse. I used all fem seeds and fem auto seeds.

Thanks... well that busted my theory, which is good :) haha, now I have to figure out how to order some STS... I was looking for sources of Silver Nitrate and it seems most chemical companies charge an enormous amount of money for hazardous shipping and one even required a DEA form to be filled out... anyone want to PM me a source of the STS materials?

Here is my GDP female reversed with Colloidal Silver... tons of Sacs... no pollen. I literally would pick this plant up and bang it on the bamboo poles in my tent to spread what I though was pollen.... must have just been the male flowers falling off...

Thanks... well that busted my theory, which is good :) haha, now I have to figure out how to order some STS... I was looking for sources of Silver Nitrate and it seems most chemical companies charge an enormous amount of money for hazardous shipping and one even required a DEA form to be filled out... anyone want to PM me a source of the STS materials?

Here is my GDP female reversed with Colloidal Silver... tons of Sacs... no pollen. I literally would pick this plant up and bang it on the bamboo poles in my tent to spread what I though was pollen.... must have just been the male flowers falling off...

that is quite a number of sacks...amazing no pollen...

found this just now for you...seems like similar info..:)
How To Reverse Sex Using Silver Thiosulfate Solution

Its absolutely puzzling... especially because when I did my Black Cherry Soda, there was about 1/3 of the sacs but pollen everywhere... really puzzled on why all the rest have tons of sacks, but no pollen.

obviously the silver is working as its creating the sacs but why no pollen I'm unsure...

I even kept this plant in the same tent the whole flowering cycle, every 3 or 4 days giving the main cola of sacks a few smacks overhead to knock anything loose I could... even went as far as slowly ripping clusters of sacs off, grinding them in my fingers and rubbing the buds... even drying out the sacs, grinding them up and sprinkling them on the buds...

Notta... so odd.

Its absolutely puzzling... especially because when I did my Black Cherry Soda, there was about 1/3 of the sacs but pollen everywhere... really puzzled on why..

obviously the silver is working as its creating the sacs but why no pollen I'm unsure...

Thanks DrZiggy! I just got some regular beans of Pine Tar Kush (rumored its '79 Xmas Bud) so hoping to get some males, so at least I can spread pollen with open pollenation on all of my strains, and at least get some seeds, even if not BX'd... I am going to look into ordering some STS too, as I really want to try to figure this out. I've heard that others have run into the same issue where some strains will produce pollen, and some wont... its just so odd that the 1st attempt was flawless, and the rest all failed...

Back
Top Bottom