Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Well, so far I'm disappointed with STS... I have come to the realization that some strains just won't produce pollen because I have tried both STS and CS, and with both, tons, I mean tons of pollen sacks on my trainwreck, but zero pollen, or if there is pollen it is not visible and not showing.

When I reversed my black cherry soda with CS, I had pollen galore, it was all over the place, but so far with Ogiesel, GDP and Trainwreck, CS didn't work and now with the STS, Trainwreck is a No go.. I'm pretty much getting over making feminized seeds and can't wait until my Regular seeds of 79 Xmas Bud produce male plants so at least I will have some seeds after wasting 2 years of trying to make seed with sprays... I'm puzzled, frustrated and sick of wasting time, money and space..

I don't know why my black cherry soda worked so well, but everything else has failed miserable... I think there is something going on with the strains I have.. maybe because they were from clones, and not seeds? maybe they were already feminized prior to me getting clones.. I don't know but I honestly wish I was having luck like all of you guys were.. I'm failing miserably at trying to make seeds...

Anyone have any suggestions? Obviously the sprays CS and STS both worked and did what they were supposed to in making pollen sacks, but no pollen... I don't get it and I am extremely frustrated.

In my last attempt I broke off the very top of the plant, a good 12" section, and I am drying it in a plastic dish on top of my LED lights. When it drys I will mash up all the pollen sacks and use a q-tip to see if I can get anything out of the sacs.

I'm with you Ice. A lot of time effort and space.
My Widow always has lots of sacs and little to no pollen.
Maybe because they are about 25th gen clones I'm trying the CS on.
The Diesel x Cheese (crossed using Tiresais mist) I tried the CS on a cola and yielded about 50 nice seeds and 50 soso, go figure

Damn that sucks ICE. I used a feminized plant to turn and got a shit load of seeds and even though the pollen took a bit after the sacs showed up I was able to flick the plant and watch pollen spray out all over the tent.

I'm with you Ice. A lot of time effort and space.
My Widow always has lots of sacs and little to no pollen.
Maybe because they are about 25th gen clones I'm trying the CS on.
The Diesel x Cheese (crossed using Tiresais mist) I tried the CS on a cola and yielded about 50 nice seeds and 50 soso, go figure

That could very well be what I am experiencing too, as my trainwreck is probably at least the 5th - 7th generation clone since I got it, and who knows how many clone cuts were done prior... Last run I was able to get a tiny tiny bit of pollen out fo the trainwreck, but it also could have been from another plant that spit banana's as I let it run super long and the seeds were only on 2 plans, 1 plant had 1 seed, and the other had 12 seeds... so maybe its just really weak or something... who knows.. anyhow I am really glad that I have a ton of regular seeds now to play with and I think I may either try 1 more run with my black cherry soda since I know it produces pollen, or may just say screw it and just use regular pollen from now on...LOL... who knows..

Damn that sucks ICE. I used a feminized plant to turn and got a shit load of seeds and even though the pollen took a bit after the sacs showed up I was able to flick the plant and watch pollen spray out all over the tent.

I literally flicked, shook, smacked, bashed and pretty much slapped the trainwreck and not a touch of pollen that I saw... so I think my best best will be to let the pollen sacks dry, crush them all up and then see if maybe I can see if there is a tiny bit of pollen that I may be able to pain on the other plants, if its not too late in the cycle. I think were already getting close to that point so only time will tell... Its really odd. I'm even going to turn my lights from 12/12 to 11/13 tonight just to see if anything else works... other than that.. on to the next one :)

I do use clones from plants that came out from seed so they are always first gen clones up to now. I hope this trainwreck is just taking a little extra long. I can't believe that my luck is just really that good. Something is gotta be that missing factor that is messing things up.

I do use clones from plants that came out from seed so they are always first gen clones up to now. I hope this trainwreck is just taking a little extra long. I can't believe that my luck is just really that good. Something is gotta be that missing factor that is messing things up.
I agree, there has to be something that is keeping this from working, I can't figure out what it is... so odd... I have read many other peoples posts on different forums about the same thing, where they get pollen sacks but no pollen, so maybe its just certain strains, or maybe they already are feminized from whoever grew them prior to me getting the clones? not sure...

I hope I have lots of luck once I start spraying a few girls, depends what ends up female for my outdoor grow. But like yourself if it doesn’t work well a few times, I’d experiment less and less with it. Breeding with regs is supposed to be better for genetics but would be really nice to have a homemade batch of fem seeds and say I did it haha. Something is amiss here but if the products were using has proven positive results in the past from yourself and others and some negative. Makes me think it’s the plants being finicky. Playing the mad scientist is all about learning. Also maybe a stupid question but do you stop or continue spraying once you see balls forming?

Unsure where I read it but think 20-50ppm is what people get results with. Not sure wtf is in my Dr.Ts as they don’t state it on site or bottles. Will be testing soon enough. If my stuff doesn’t work after couple attempts I’ll just go to health vitamin store and pick a small bottle up.

I agree, there has to be something that is keeping this from working, I can't figure out what it is... so odd... I have read many other peoples posts on different forums about the same thing, where they get pollen sacks but no pollen, so maybe its just certain strains, or maybe they already are feminized from whoever grew them prior to me getting the clones? not sure...
Can't be the feminized because all the seeds I use to make the clones are also feminized.

I hope I have lots of luck once I start spraying a few girls, depends what ends up female for my outdoor grow. But like yourself if it doesn’t work well a few times, I’d experiment less and less with it. Breeding with regs is supposed to be better for genetics but would be really nice to have a homemade batch of fem seeds and say I did it haha. Something is amiss here but if the products were using has proven positive results in the past from yourself and others and some negative. Makes me think it’s the plants being finicky. Playing the mad scientist is all about learning. Also maybe a stupid question but do you stop or continue spraying once you see balls forming?
Ive tried both spraying through the pollen sacks formation as well as stopping as soon as I see pollen sacks.. No difference it seems like. I'm wondering if is just some plants don't respond well?

Think you nailed it in an earlier post saying the generation of seed and how much it’s already been tampered with prior. Did some more reading and cannot find much more useful info that’s out there. Seems like such a hit or miss thing for some. We would all love even more control over our gardens and plants, this is one of those roll the dice gambles. I won’t be unhappy if I end up having to go old school regular breeding and just pop more and cull what’s not needed. Lots prefer that way.

Think you nailed it in an earlier post saying the generation of seed and how much it’s already been tampered with prior. Did some more reading and cannot find much more useful info that’s out there. Seems like such a hit or miss thing for some. We would all love even more control over our gardens and plants, this is one of those roll the dice gambles. I won’t be unhappy if I end up having to go old school regular breeding and just pop more and cull what’s not needed. Lots prefer that way.

Yeah i have a feeling that is what I will be moving to as well. Just can't fathom running more feminized seed runs and wasting months of time to see nothing happen, so I think this may be my last hoorah unless I do 1 more run of my black cherry soda since I know for sure it produces a ton of pollen.. still puzzles me as to why... but I guess that is nature just saying its not natural or something..LOL

anyhow I appreciate all those that have tried to help me get a successful seed run with the CS and STS. Glad some are having good luck :)

Ya the timing is a bit annoying but see your point and was thinking of that. If I have no luck getting femized seeds from already feminized seeds, that’s the way to go. Also @Icemud is that TGA black cherry soda your able to get easy? Will have to send me some of that gold if so!

Ya the timing is a bit annoying but see your point and was thinking of that. If I have no luck getting femized seeds from already feminized seeds, that’s the way to go. Also @Icemud is that TGA black cherry soda your able to get easy? Will have to send me some of that gold if so!

Quite honestly I don't know the original source of the Black Cherry Soda, or if it is 100% Black Cherry Soda.. LOL. I ordered some clones from a local clone supplier about 4 or 5 years ago and my order was messed up and wrong. They gave me the wrong strains.

Anyhow, the one which I call black Cherry soda was the only one that had a berry/cherry skunky flavor and extreme smell to it, so I went back to their clone list to see what it could be... out of all probably 25 strains they carried, there was only 1 strain that would have fit the description of a berry flavored strain which was black cherry soda. I tried numerous times to contact the supplier to see if they would send me a photo of their black cherry soda to compare and they never got back to me (this was when the "legal" medical market in Cali was more of a wild west) so at that time many "dispensaries" and suppliers were really skeptical and shady and typically wouldn't talk on the phone at all about anything.

I compared photos of what I had, to other photos at the time that were black cherry soda and it looked identical so putting both "facts" together I made the assumption it was black cherry soda from there on out... about a year or 2 after that, a buddy of mine, and former member here at 420 magazine started to talk with Mz Jill from TGA(well formally I guess as they have recently gone different directions) and since they were familiar with the strain I asked him if I could send him a photo to send to Mz Jill to verify if it looked like their cut of Black Cherry Soda, and so he did and she got back saying it looked right, so that was my 3rd clue... but still not 100% sure it is BCS or something else.

I want to send some of the stems to Phylos to have tested but their tests are definitely still pretty pricey (about $300-400) per strain for a genetics test, so maybe soon I will after I get some extra money saved up for it.

Now as of about a year ago, I started to see Black Cherry Soda come out of the woodwork and quite frequently was shared on social media (mainly instagr@m) and the ones that I have been seeing go around look nothing like the one I have, where mine has a thin bladed leaf, theirs had more of a indica dom leaf. Also mine doesn't really purple but more just has a slight pink hue in late flowering where the BCS I commonly see now has a very dark purple color near the buds on the fan leaves... so maybe its a different pheno?

Don't really know... but I do know it smells like stinky skunky sweet grapes/fruit punch and it such a killer knockout flavor and strain. I have wowed many people bringing joints to partys with BCS rolled up where people will constantly tell me how in love with the terps the BCS is...

Its a mystery, but one I plan on keeping for quite some time. I think it will blend really good with the Grape 13 seeds and the Fat Purple strains I recently picked up from Hazeman, so most likely those will be run next or within the next 2 runs and I definitely will be crossing them :)

Maybe you could try and make some seeds with regular males and then from that batch of seeds you try to reverse a female? I know its a long process but worth it on some genetics lol.

Since I recently got all those Hazeman seeds, I will be doing rotations where the 9 strains that I have had for a long time will be crossed with each new Hazeman strain. I will probably pop 6 to 8 hazeman seeds each run of a single strain, which should give me at least 1 or 2 males at minimum and will "open Pollenate" where I cross them with all 9 of my cherished strains, as well as make more regular seeds of the Hazeman strains. My goal is to have a huge seed collection that will last me a lifetime, as well as preserve the strains I have, and also some of the hard to find genetics that Hazeman has to offer :) Lots of crosses to come :) and probably testers but I can't really talk about that on this forum ;)

Back
Top Bottom