Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Please pardon the intrusion. :thanks:

Since many of you stay in the grow room with blinders on, we have to spread the word somehow.

The mobile apps have been temporarily disbled, you can now access our 420% mobile friendly website via all smartphones through a browser like Google Chrome.

Please vote in the poll and subscribe to this thread for more details, discussions and updates
Brand New Forums & Gallery

For those of you needing guidance on the new gallery
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

Please pardon the intrusion. :thanks:

Since many of you stay in the grow room with blinders on, we have to spread the word somehow.

The mobile apps have been temporarily disbled, you can now access our 420% mobile friendly website via all smartphones through a browser like Google Chrome.

Please vote in the poll and subscribe to this thread for more details, discussions and updates
Brand New Forums & Gallery

For those of you needing guidance on the new gallery
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

Another attempt of mine to keep a strain going.
I had one last Diesel x Cheese seed of my own crossing.
I wanted to keep her going, so I started the CS the day before 12/12
I was very sick with the flu during all this, so the sprays were erratic,
Spray 3 days, missed 1, spray 1, miss 1, spray 2, so it ended up only getting 6 sprays.
there are loads of pods and I see what appear to be some seeds scattered among the plant.

finally found it:
Silver Nitrate
Sodium Thiosulfate
Water

1 gm Silver Nitrate in 60ml H2O
6.25 gms Sodium Thiosulfate in 240ml H2O

Mix 10 ml of the Silver Nitrate and 40ml Sodium Thiosulfate;
mix above mixed 50ml into 250 ml H2O

This is the Ag-Thio

:)

Thanks Dr Ziggy :)

I found all the supplies on the online marketplace named after a large river..... :) and placed the order :)

Thats a much different formula though than I found on a chemical supplier site, Sigma Aldrich:

Also ordered gloves, some N95 Niosh Masks, and safety goggles, some spray bottles, a graduated cylinder, 2x 100ml beakers and a few amber glass chemical bottles for the stock solutions, all the things I need :)

Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate (Product No. S7026) into 100 ml of water. Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S7276) into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.
In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of
[Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.
Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended.

This formulation above is for Plant Tissue Culture and ethelene inhibiting.

So excited to try the STS on the plants that CS didn't work for, I'm really curious if it will create pollen :)

I still use the same concentrate I made the first batch. I kept it in the fridge and so far its worked everytime.

How long is that? from when you made it until now?

How long is that? from when you made it until now?
I'm about to use some again in a week or so. I made it back in july 2017.

Also, I used the same instructions that ziggy reposted. Only I mixed it at 1 part concentrate, 2 parts water.

Another attempt of mine to keep a strain going.
I had one last Diesel x Cheese seed of my own crossing.
I wanted to keep her going, so I started the CS the day before 12/12
I was very sick with the flu during all this, so the sprays were erratic,
Spray 3 days, missed 1, spray 1, miss 1, spray 2, so it ended up only getting 6 sprays.
there are loads of pods and I see what appear to be some seeds scattered among the plant.

Nice!! looks and sounds delish! :goodjob:

Nice!! looks and sounds delish! :goodjob:

at first it was smelling like ripe cantaloupe, but yesterday she had a very strong bubblegum odor.

Dinafem Diesel and CBD Cheese are two of my top 5 strains since I have been growing.

the Diesel is a Mexican x Afghan cross,
I read the Mexican they used is Sensi's which is Oaxacan x Durban backcrossed with Oaxacan.
I loved those long Oaxacan colas of the late 70's of which I have seeds, still can't get a sprout.

I can call this seed experiment a success, and call these "Gringo"
I got these from the pollinated cola in the above photos.
there is about 50 of them and some are really plump.

these fell off buds in the drying/storage tin

and here's another 50 immature that reminded me of my ash tray from the 70's

Ok... I'm about ready to start my first trials of STS.. forgive me for not wanting to search back through 76 pages of this thread, can anyone post their method with STS that works 100% of the time or close to. I've read things such as spray 5 days before, and spray 1x after the flip... Ive seen people say spray 1x per week. I've seen people say just spray 1x and thats it... what is the absolute best routine/method for application of STS...

Thanks all :)

Pulled out my year old STS concentrate that I had in the fridge, I just sprayed my tahoe OG 2 times 12 hours or so apart. each week for 3 weeks. And she has ball sacs galore!

heres my recipe which is what I got off either the post from nismo or i'm thinking I may have clicked to the original post and seen slight changes.... either way this one works 100% for me.

Silver Nitrate
Sodium Thiosulfate
Distilled Water

1 gm Silver Nitrate in 60ml distilled water.
6.25 gms Sodium Thiosulfate in 240ml distilled water.

mix above mixed 50ml into 250 ml distilled water.

1 Part concentrate, 2 Parts distilled water.

On day 1 of flipping to 12/12, I take the plant out so I don't mist the others by accident. And I spray all the nodes, and parts that will have buds. Twice in 1 day once a week for the first 2 weeks *(they say 2 weeks) but I give it an extra 3rd week application just for good measures. ;)

Pulled out my year old STS concentrate that I had in the fridge, I just sprayed my tahoe OG 2 times 12 hours or so apart. each week for 3 weeks. And she has ball sacs galore!

heres my recipe which is what I got off either the post from nismo or i'm thinking I may have clicked to the original post and seen slight changes.... either way this one works 100% for me.

Silver Nitrate
Sodium Thiosulfate
Distilled Water

1 gm Silver Nitrate in 60ml distilled water.
6.25 gms Sodium Thiosulfate in 240ml distilled water.

mix above mixed 50ml into 250 ml distilled water.

1 Part concentrate, 2 Parts distilled water.

Did you start spraying the day of flipping to 12/12, or did you spray a week prior?

On day 1 of flipping to 12/12, I take the plant out so I don't mist the others by accident. And I spray all the nodes, and parts that will have buds. Twice in 1 day once a week for the first 2 weeks *(they say 2 weeks) but I give it an extra 3rd week application just for good measures. ;)
Just saw this...

Thank you for posting your process, I appreciate it :)

I am trying the same skip a day spray like I did on the above Gringo, which is only 6 total sprays, on a WW.
After 3 weeks and no sign of any pods, I sprayed every other day or two for almost 2 more weeks I finally see a few pods forming.

Back
Top Bottom