Smoke2Js Adventures In Breeding

Here are pictures of the Omrita cuttings in my "hermie bag".
Omrita_cutting.JPG
OmritaRx3_cuts.JPG
Omrita_Rx3_cuttings.JPG

Soon my prettys, soon.

Its been too long since I updated this journal. I apologize for the lag.:drool::drool::drool:
I can safely say that the Omrita Rx3 cuttings did not make it.:rip: On the bright side my Omrita Rx 3 that is outside is fully back into vegetative growth.:phew: Phew!!!! I was worried , but the plant is resilient. I will take some good veg state limbs from her later, for now she grows unmolested .
The regular seedlings have grown to about 8 " tall and are outside sexing.Today I found two males of my Strawberry Cough x Sour D . The time is close for the rest to begin sexing. I need some reader glasses, having a hard time seeing the hairs of the ladies. The feminized seeds are still indoors vegging till April 20ish, then planted outdoors after taking some cuttings from each.
Pics too!!
Omrita Rx, back to veg . I cut her just above this point
DSCF02742.JPG

Indoor action!!! These are all feminized or clones.
DSCF02926.JPG

Outdoor sexing of the regular seeded, the spot they are in requires rotation of the plants one time a day for straight growth .
Before
DSCF02896.JPG

After
DSCF02907.JPG

I have two Auto Critical from Blimburn in the ground . Thinking of crossing them with a randy male.
DSCF02684.JPG
DSCF02701.JPG
:peace:

I have found web based resources to be interesting and informative. One of my favorites is Seed Finder, a web site thingy that, well lets have it their own words "collects and standardizes information about thousands of cannabis varieties. We offer an interface for cannabis breeders, seed banks, growers and cannabis-enthusiasts all around the world. With the help of our Seed Finder-System - especially made for this purposes - we are able to collect all important information about individual strains in a compact and searchable way. We enable you to find the tips and tricks for cultivation and growth who are scattered all around the web or to find pictures, profiles and opinions. Help us to expand and advance the single strain-descriptions with your knowledge. Important: The Seed Finder is not a shop, we do not sell any cannabis seed and are not addicted to a breeder or shop. "
Booya.

Hey all, and welcome to one of many breeding sessions to come.

Today I selected the remainder of my males . There are many ways of selection, some more scientific than others. Mine is hardly scientific , more like intuitive. I use all my senses while I look for stout leaves, abundant purple flowers, thick stems, node distance ,mold resistance, pest resistance, time it takes the leaves to face the sun after being turned , red stems from sun exposure, steady healthy growth, stickiness of leaves, soil smell, leaf and stem smells.

After selecting the stud I strip the top leaves, being careful not to remove any flowers, I leave two nodes of leaves at the bottom but remove the flowering parts. Then I place a bag over the plant fold at an angle(pre folding makes this fast) the bottom and tape it closed. All the while being careful to keep the bottom leaves out of the bag, these will hold the bag up while you tape, and supply undiluted light/air to the plant. Mark the bag with date and strain to make tracking easier.

Then after the flowers have opened cut the stem and hang while you get your pollen collection/ storage kit together.

Omrita_Rx3_x_Peruvian_2.JPG
DSCF04307.JPG
DSCF04423.JPG
DSCF04452.JPG
DSCF04464.JPG
DSCF04475.JPG
DSCF04482.JPG
DSCF04503.JPG
DSCF04581.JPG
DSCF04594.JPG

WOW! could somebody here recommend which one of these, I would enjoy the most, first?

Smoke2Js Magic Garden: Mother Room, Featuring ACDC with 20%CBD ,up and running
Smoke2Js Magic Garden: Outdoor fun in the sun, spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Smoke2Js Magic Garden: Beginning to understand her, pull up a chair, smoke a fatty ,and have some lemonade
Smoke2Js Magic Garden: Adventures in Breeding , always under way

I'm drooling just reading the menu!:thumb:

WOW! could somebody here recommend which one of these, I would enjoy the most, first?

Smoke2Js Magic Garden: Mother Room, Featuring ACDC with 20%CBD ,up and running
Smoke2Js Magic Garden: Outdoor fun in the sun, spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Smoke2Js Magic Garden: Beginning to understand her, pull up a chair, smoke a fatty ,and have some lemonade
Smoke2Js Magic Garden: Adventures in Breeding , always under way

I'm drooling just reading the menu!:thumb:

:welcome:LOL, thanks trichomes. There is plenty to read, lots of strains grown, and smoked in these four journals.
I took a break from major breeding last year to grow out my seeds and see what nature made with a little help from me. The folks I grow for enjoyed the variety of meds. This year breeding will be done with 4 males, all have been selected. Purple Fairy f(Purple Urkle) x m(G13 x Hash Plant) , Omrita Rx3(Romulan Joe x Fucking Incredible) X Peru #2(land race), Strawberry Couch Loch(strawberry cough x sour d), and a special one, very rare genetics, f(Nigerian x Ruby Wand) X m(G13 x Hash Plant) .

Two of the ladies selected, from my Omrita Rx 3 crosses. One from the Peruvian #2 (Rojo) cross, she has reddish leaves. Thats the Peruvian showing a little. The other one is from the Sour D cross, and has very dark purple flowers. I am calling that one Dark Flower. I am already thinking of cloning both to enable a back cross or two.

Omrita Rx3 x Sour D cross aka Dark Flower

DSCF05104.JPG

Dark Flower

DSCF05167.JPG

Omrita Rx3 x Peruvian #2 (Rojo)

DSCF05097.JPG

3 undetermined left. 2 of the The Peruvian #2 (Rojo) x Sour D and one runt of a plant from my Omrita Crosses. I also have a runt in my green room from my Sharks Breath x Romulan x Sour D feminized cross. Hmm what to do ... I know, I can put them both in small pots outside and watch the mini plant grow along side her larger relatives. :peace:

The plants I wanted to breed with have traits that are undesirable. They will not go back to veg, and instead keep producing node after node on top of node, getting all fractal on me. Great to look at but a bitch to prune and train, not to mention the potential for mold. Meh. Good thing I have hella seeds. So very thankful for that.:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom