SOMA Vegging Out Under LED

wifecaretaker

Starting with a Strain called Soma.
Soma is hybrid, indica dominated.

Second strain will be OG KUSH.
just finished a small lady who packs a big punch.

Third will be the strongest sativa i can find. Leading canidate is Silver Haze if can find. Really would like some input from 420mag regarding strogest sativa out there. Sativa really makes my wife function at high level.

Goal:
Soma to be Mother #1
OG Kush to be Mother #2
Mystery Sativa to be Mother #3

Each will produce 3 little ladies
Allowed 6 plants per medical card. Thats 6 for the wife and 6 for myself.

medium soil
fox farm ocean forrest

nutes
Fox Farm again.
Grow Big
Big Bloom
Tiger Bloom

General Hydro.
floral nectar

Superthriven

Cal Mag

MOAB for the big finish

Light is a ufo 90w led
Will need to add another source to get all three mothers light. leaning towards t5 set up at the depot. 2 bulb set up

will water with distilled water

let the fun begin

Hi wct, good luck with your new grow. One mother per strain, I assume.
Have you decided on a grow style yet for your clones? I guess it might be early yet, but you had mentioned a couple of possibilities. It would be great to see you do a couple of monsters outdoors.
I'd get some mylar snugged up to your ladies under the UFO, helps a lot with the wide beam.
I'm in, whatever you decide. good to see you going again.

heres some pics
soma
IMG_8020.JPG

IMG_8021.JPG

the soma already has sprouted 12in since i got it 2 weeks ago. may have to top running out of room. I want it to really bush out. any ideas out there. im not going to lst it though. im hoping to eventually put outside this summer.

heres some pics
soma
IMG_8020.JPG

IMG_8021.JPG

the soma already has sprouted 12in since i got it 2 weeks ago. may have to top running out of room. I want it to really bush out. any ideas out there. im not going to lst it though. im hoping to eventually put outside this summer.

I see you've already got mylar in use(or is that foil), thats good. How tall do you expect the soma to grow? Other than topping, LST is your next best option. Shouldn't really interfere with good growth once outside, just release the the tiedowns and let it grow when ready.
You could supercrop the main stem halfway down and tie/support it horizontally until it takes the shape you wish. Then release the ties and allow it to grow naturally again. Supercropping will allow it to bush out while retaining the tops in a natural state. Just ensure that you crush the stem around it's circumference before bending so that nothing snaps.
Plant looks good, it looks like it will fill out quite nicely untouched, as there seems to be substantial growth beginning to fill.
Off to a great start wct.

Thanks Mmmmick, i think i will go ahead and give her a pinch to slow her down.

the third strain is going to be super green crack. forgot i had a few from the dispensary.

so

Soma
OG Kush
Super Green Crack

and ive decided to have an ongoing havest every week. not sure how many or which will flower the quickest. ill figure it out as i go. but if i keep the mothers healthy im hoping for an excellent year. then to top it off the mothers are going outside in early july, in hopes of some really big nugs. i want an 18in cola.

wct

Going to hydro shop and get a root compound for clones for the Soma.

Super Green Crack havent cracked yet as seeds.

OG Kush hasnt popped yet either after 4 days.

I'm allowed 12 plants total by law. I want to time one plant per week for harvest.

pending on length of flowering for the soma will decide how many ladies ill start.

the SGC and OG Kush will have some time to get bigger to worry about right now.

Anyone out there know anything about the Soma strain. I here its a indica dominate strain. I'm guessing 8 weeks to finish, w/week of flush.

Any and all sugestions will be very appreciated

btw
havent bought light for flowering yet but leaning toward 1 600w on a light mover. Hoping can keep 8 plants with a rail of 6 feet

wct

Thanks Mmmmick, i think i will go ahead and give her a pinch to slow her down.

the third strain is going to be super green crack. forgot i had a few from the dispensary.

so

Soma
OG Kush
Super Green Crack

and ive decided to have an ongoing havest every week. not sure how many or which will flower the quickest. ill figure it out as i go. but if i keep the mothers healthy im hoping for an excellent year. then to top it off the mothers are going outside in early july, in hopes of some really big nugs. i want an 18in cola.

wct

Nice line up of strains wct, you're going to have a great supply of wonderful bud coming out of that perpetual grow. Good stuff. I'll be watching for that 18 inch cola, good luck.

congrats on the seeds popping, the SGC will show when it's ready.

How did you start them?

paper towel in a ziplock. they never dryout.

the SGC popped today too.

i have 3 og kush

and

2 SGC

i just need 1 lady a piece.

Can you determine the sex without a 12/12 cycle?

The Soma is a true weed. Im almost out of head space with her. She is huge. Im really hesitant on pinching her. But will have too.

wct

paper towel in a ziplock. they never dryout.

the SGC popped today too.

i have 3 og kush

and

2 SGC

i just need 1 lady a piece.

Can you determine the sex without a 12/12 cycle?

The Soma is a true weed. Im almost out of head space with her. She is huge. Im really hesitant on pinching her. But will have too.

wct

There ya go, everybody is playing this round. good luck getting some fems.

In about a month you should be able to see preflowers for sexing, maybe a week more to be sure. Roughly.

You might have to tie the Soma down until weather allows the move outdoors. You could slow it down under a low power flouro or cfl.

Probably powdery mildew. I had white spots on some leaves and I mistakenly called it mold, but I've since found more info that points to powdery mildew along with some pics that looked exactly like what I saw under my scope. Most treatments attack both mold and mildew spores so it probably doesn't matter which you actually have.
Remove affected leaves and dispose, don't compost them.
Neem oil, baking soda, skim milk all are used to treat mold or mildew. There are commercial sprays using sulphur or copper as well that help control mold or mildew. None of these treatments kill it off, but will help to control the problem.
I just found a page that claims cornmeal is a powerful fungicide due to beneficial organisms that are found in the meal. quoted below:

"Who would have thought that something as seemingly innocuous as cornmeal would have such potent fungicidal properties? Researchers at Texas A&M Research Station in Stephenville, TX, noticed that a peanut crop planted following a crop of corn didn’t suffer the usual fungus diseases. Further research showed that cornmeal contained beneficial organisms that were at least as effective as common chemical fungicides. Somehow cornmeal is able to attract a member of the Trichoderma fungus family, which is a good fungus that kills off disease causing fungi in a matter of weeks.

Howard Garrett, the Dirt Doctor, has continued the study and finds cornmeal effective on most everything from turf grass to black spot on roses. Furthermore, since it is entirely organic, it can be used on edible crops.

How To Apply
Dry: Work 2 pounds of cornmeal into the soil for every 100 square feet. Water well, to activate the fungus killing properties. One application per season is usually sufficient, but repeat applications won’t hurt anything.

Spray: What’s called ‘cornmeal juice’ can be made by soaking 1 cup of cornmeal in 1 gallon of water overnight. Strain the liquid and use as a spray on susceptible plants.

Cornmeal vs. Horticultural Cornmeal vs. Corn Gluten
Any type of cornmeal can be used as a fungicide.
Food grade cornmeal, found in grocery stores, will work just fine, but it is more expensive and comes in smaller quantities than horticultural cornmeal.

Horticultural cornmeal has not been stored under the stricter guidelines required for food grade cornmeal. Hort cornmeal is general used for livestock feed. It too will work just fine as a fungicide and it comes in bulk.

***Corn Gluten should not be used as a fungicide. Corn Gluten is cornmeal that has been processed to have a higher protein content. Iowa State researchers discovered that cornmeal gluten can inhibit seed germination. It is now used as a pre-emergent weed killer. That’s a great tip, but don’t confuse corn gluten with the fungicidal properties of corn meal.

A final bonus, cornmeal also appears to be a source of nutrients for the soil. "

Lots of air movement and relative humidity below 50% will help. If you've been spraying your plants you might want to minimize that except for anti fungal spraying.
If you can find Bud Rot Stop, or Serenade, you will kill off all spores and not likely have any further issues. I suppose it's possible to be reinfected after the B. subtilus has died off. These both contain Bacillus subtilus, which attacks the mold or mildew and then dies off after a week or two. I can't get either of those products in Canada but you might be able to find them. B. subtilus is the most effective approach that I've heard of. I'd love to find a way to get either of those products, just in case.
Good luck wct, you are catching it early at least so you have a good chance of clearing it up before you go into flower.

Back
Top Bottom