SOMA Vegging Out Under LED

oh no not hydro, lol

just kiddin wct, whatever works for you. I may go that route somewhere down the road. I've still gotta learn to keep a soil grow healthy first. good luck.

The 600w should kick things up a notch.

very nice upgrade wct. having your own man cave full of green flourishing plants is going to be great. congrats man, I just know you're gonna have an awesome perpetual grow going once you get things dialled in.
I'm really enjoying the trip as you grow into this new labor of love. Well done brother.:goodjob:

IOU + reps I have to spread the love a bit first apparently.

did the soma make it?

very nice upgrade wct. having your own man cave full of green flourishing plants is going to be great. congrats man, I just know you're gonna have an awesome perpetual grow going once you get things dialled in.
I'm really enjoying the trip as you grow into this new labor of love. Well done brother.:goodjob:

IOU + reps I have to spread the love a bit first apparently.

have to give you the +reps. Your insight and dedication to my grows,have kept me determined to become a better farmer. youve been my biggest supporter by far. Wish could send a fat cola east. Thanks again Mmmmick

wct

have to give you the +reps. Your insight and dedication to my grows,have kept me determined to become a better farmer. youve been my biggest supporter by far. Wish could send a fat cola east. Thanks again Mmmmick

wct

why thank you sir.

It pleases me to have been helpful.:grinjoint: And I'm learning as well.
heheh, I wish you could too. I'd love to sample some of those strains. :Rasta:
I've got some seeds on the go. White Widow and Afghani Hindu Kush, I hope to make them a permanent part of my room. I think 4 mothers would be manageable so I've got room for 2 more. Ever heard of Biggie Small? I've had a very strong reco from a topnotch grower, better than the widow in his opinion, which I value.

you're welcome wct and thanks for staying aboard for my efforts as well.

If the soma is the only one thats affected you might consider a different stain. But you don't normally have humidity problems so spraying when it shows up might get you past the damp season and everything will be fine.
Without a dehumdifier its a tough call. The soma might just be a good early warning for your garden.
I would consider buying Serenade or Bud Rot Stop which both contain bacillus subtillus, if you can get it in your state. This bacteria destroys mold spores so you may have a lot less outbreaks after treatment. It only lives for a couple of weeks after application and has been proven to not impact people if ingested.
Do you have central air or any form of air ducting? There is a device called a Swordfish that treats air with UVC as it moves through your ductwork. Kills mold spores, bacteria, viruses or changes their dna so they can't reproduce. There are some smaller UVC devices that will treat a small area. These are enclosed in a small (12" or less) enclosure that keeps the UVC from exposing people or pets but moves air through the device to treat with UVC.
There are a few options, your best would be to put a dehumidifer in your new grow space and keep Relative Humidity under 50%.

good luck, mildew and mold are persistent as long as the conditions are there for them.

Thank Mmmmick
RH is at 55%

Ive decided to not clone the soma. This strain is the pain in my arse. Going to straight bud it. Will really keep close eye on it. Dont want the wife to smoke mildew.

I belive ive figured out who is the og kush and super green crack. just hope atleast one out of four is a lady.

veg room is almost done. just have to buy mylar to make the walls. Its going to be the flower room for about a week. Then ill buy the 600w hps and move it on over to flower room.

i belived the bud rot stop is available here. And i believe its at a regualr garden store.

This rain hasnt effected the kush or the crack though. But they are just babies.

thanks again mmmick

Your dispensary might be able to recommmend a resistant strain with similar stone as the soma. Good to hear you've id'ed your strains.
It sounds as though the crack and kush might have some ability to resist. I don't know if age plays a part in it or not. I believe the bud rot stop is useable up to a couple of weeks before harvest (from memory so please verify if you need to go that route).
That should be a great grow space, wct. I'm looking forward to seeing some nice big nugs under the 600w.

Big nugs would be nice. especially if im running 600w/hour.

veg room is going to be 4x4, the flower room is atleast twice that,havent measured.

the soma is a goin in tonight to new space. hope shes happy.

the walls of the new space are just black plastic. theres no light penetration. the inside walls will be the mylar sooner or later.

i either have to top the soma or move it immediately. its getting light burn.

sorry to hear the soma had to go. Some strains are just less resistant to some issues. Good luck with the others.

I'm sorry to hear the mildew got out of hand. Gotta get the environment controlled, as I'm still learning.
Have you shopped for any sort of UVC air treatment? There are a few on the market that just plug in and treat room air for mold, viruses, etc. Said to be very effective as long as they are appropriately sized for the area treated.

The og kush gets great reviews everywhere, sounds like a great choice. Good luck with them. Are they femmed or regular seeds?

You're welcome wct, I'm looking forward to a nice crop of og kush to stink up your flower room.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom