Sphnx's Norcal Outdoor Season

Hey buddy I took a break from the app for a couple months,just got caught up on how your babies are doing. Now I guess monsters would be a better description.Big thanks to all the advice you gave a couple months back. Almost finished on my second crop ever. Your plants are definitely a staple others should be compared to.I can only imagine how much bigger they would be if you could afford to run all the nutrients you want. I'm still getting the hang of "pushing" my plants with maximum nutrients. How do you go about figuring out how much a plant can take of said nutrient? Do you calculate and adjust the ppms accordingly? Or do they not have anything to do with each other. I'm sending good vibes your way for this November.

Wow big fam. Right on

Hahaha! Not my family.

Hey buddy I took a break from the app for a couple months,just got caught up on how your babies are doing. Now I guess monsters would be a better description.Big thanks to all the advice you gave a couple months back. Almost finished on my second crop ever. Your plants are definitely a staple others should be compared to.I can only imagine how much bigger they would be if you could afford to run all the nutrients you want. I'm still getting the hang of "pushing" my plants with maximum nutrients. How do you go about figuring out how much a plant can take of said nutrient? Do you calculate and adjust the ppms accordingly? Or do they not have anything to do with each other. I'm sending good vibes your way for this November.

Glad you're back! How'd the second run go? As far as the pushing goes, each feeding I increase ppms by 100-150 until the very tip of the leaves start to burn. Then I keep them at those feedings until I decide to gamble with burns from increasing again lol I'm a mad scientist.. Some experiments tend to be expensive failures, just keep that in mind when pushing them :)

I'm sure your house smells amazing! Congrats on the latest haul :thumb:

Man oh man! It's amazing! Gonna be even better once the house is full. Running more lines and chopping another one or two tomorrow

Congrats on the harvests... looking like some HUGE flowers there.... leg sized!

Sorry about the winds, that sucks but glad it wasn't worse. There's a lot of flowers going up in smoke... Oh wait.. fire .... oh wait.... ok forest fires.

Trim party at the Sphnx residence! wooohoooo.... my hands are getting sore thinking about it.

I think fall is my favorite time of year!

When you say you increase ppms,you add more "cal-mag" for instance...then you use your ppm meter to see if you need to add more cal-mag to achieve the desired 150 addition? Does that even make sense as a question haha? Basically I need a ppm meter not just a ph meter.

My second crop I had zero issues. I'm getting the hang of keeping my environment stable,Mother Nature does everything else. However my size of the second crop is half that of the first. Either I need longer veg,or more nutrient,or I under watered. After reading your thread and seeing how much water you add daily I'm leaning towards that is my problem.

It looks like your fam has some OG hippies haha.

When you say you increase ppms,you add more "cal-mag" for instance...then you use your ppm meter to see if you need to add more cal-mag to achieve the desired 150 addition? Does that even make sense as a question haha? Basically I need a ppm meter not just a ph meter.

My second crop I had zero issues. I'm getting the hang of keeping my environment stable,Mother Nature does everything else. However my size of the second crop is half that of the first. Either I need longer veg,or more nutrient,or I under watered. After reading your thread and seeing how much water you add daily I'm leaning towards that is my problem.

It looks like your fam has some OG hippies haha.

You're doing hydro in buckets, if I'm remembering correctly. Yeah? It's crucial to have a ppm meter, imo.

Just soil in mesh pots. So I can pick them up and tell when they need more water. Do you calculate plant mass and water accordingly? How do you know your babes arnt getting overwatered/underwatered?

As the plants get bigger, I increase the amount of water they get. It's really hard to overwater in coco and perlite because it doesn't retain much unlike dirt. In dirt or thick rich soil they can drown. In coco, one can give multiple feedings in a day. I know they're not getting underwatered because they can go a day without wilting and I know they're not getting overwatered because they're not drooping after.

As the plants get bigger, I increase the amount of water they get. It's really hard to overwater in coco and perlite because it doesn't retain much unlike dirt. In dirt or thick rich soil they can drown. In coco, one can give multiple feedings in a day. I know they're not getting underwatered because they can go a day without wilting and I know they're not getting overwatered because they're not drooping after.
I bought a big bag of coco when I meant to get soil. I hadn't heard of coco at that point and the cashier admitted he knew nothing about the products. I chose one I thought was dirt and it wasn't until after my plants were living in it that I discovered my mistake (happy accident!) Once I read up on it, I was very pleased.... I love that it can't be over watered as this was my biggest fear.

Sphnx Fam Portrait:

sphnx_fam.jpg
Lol lmao.....

Started chopping some jedis. Got 2.5 plants down and ran out of room. I may have a problem....

20171028_210219.jpg
20171028_210226.jpg
20171028_190021.jpg
20171028_190013.jpg
20171028_190007.jpg

Only the tops were harvested, I left the inner stuff on the plants to finish up a bit longer.
Jokes aside, I don't think all of bertha will fit in this room. Let alone the other 10 plants I still need to harvest. This is going to be interesting. May have to string up the whole house afterall...

Started chopping some jedis. Got 2.5 plants down and ran out of room. I may have a problem....

20171028_210219.jpg
20171028_210226.jpg
20171028_190021.jpg
20171028_190013.jpg
20171028_190007.jpg

Only the tops were harvested, I left the inner stuff on the plants to finish up a bit longer.
Jokes aside, I don't think all of bertha will fit in this room. Let alone the other 10 plants I still need to harvest. This is going to be interesting. May have to string up the whole house afterall...

Oh yeah baby!

Now that's what I'm talking about !

20171028_210219.jpg
20171028_210226.jpg
20171028_190021.jpg
20171028_190013.jpg
20171028_190007.jpg

Holy fuck. 10 more to go? Whoa

Back
Top Bottom