PeeJay's Perpetual Organic Homebrewed Soil - Stealth Cabinet And Greenhouse Grow

Very nice growing PeeJay...as always :Namaste:

I enjoyed your thoughts on the potential future of Cannabis...independent "winery" style sounds good to me. I feel it would lead to a consistent striving for exellence...not just the minimum necessary to be acceptable to the states "standards". I can relate to your analogy...although because of my health condition I am not supposed to drink at all I enjoy a nice glass (bottle :)) of wine. My favorite right now is Cakebread merlot or cab 2006...goes well with a nice filet mignon and some creamed spinach :)...I'm making myself hungry...gotta go :)

Thanks Gray! It's kind of nice only having one plant in flower at a time. I'm not seeing the dense cola formation early I saw with the darkstar but the OG has been very easy to live with. I just water it deep in the 10 gallon pot once every ten days or so and give it a light watering every three days until the pot gets somewhat light. I'm looking forward to watching it bulk up over the next 8-9 weeks.

If this turns out to be of near equal quality to the darkstar I'll be pleased. That darkstar is a day wrecker. Smoke it in the morning and you'll get nothing meaningful accomplished all day. I swapped some darkstar out with a friend for some trainwreck and got the short end on the deal.... lol. Everyone who has smoked the darkstar has been blown away by the way it makes them utterly useless!

The two WP's I have going are still in three quart pots and are totally root-bound at this point. I was going to take clones from them and keep a mother of the best one, but laziness has prevailed - that and a desire to have July and August off from taking care of plants.

Three weeks before an anticipated OG harvest I'm going to root prune them and move them into 5 gallons of flower soil. Should be fun to see what happens with that. If I keep them fairly small before the root prune I should be able to manage two 5 gallons in the small cabinet. They are branchy little shrubs at this point.

Like the wine industry, I hope that there is plenty of Two Buck Chuck, Yellowtail, etc available for those on a budget, Jay. I also hope that there is increased opportunity to shop for one-off freak vintages, off the beaten track values, and the characteristics I enjoy. And, if things go the way I hope they do, there will be spendy but consistently special offerings that we can drop $ on and have special occasion fun!

Haven't seen much in the way of reports from folks who grow thier own compared to what is available retail in Colorado yet... Sometime soon I will take a drive north for a day or overnight and visit some Coloradao retail locations. I've never had access to quality dispensaries and I look forward to making a rambling drive-around sampling trip. I hope more communities and counties lift their moratoriums on retail in CO soon so there is not so much driving between shopping opportunities.

No offense to anyone who lives in Denver, but I don't care for Denver. Right now things are limited to Denver, Summit county, Pueblo ( I-25 yuck) Aspen and Telluride. Summer is not far off. I hope to load my gear in the back of the Tacoma sometime soon, do a drive around, some hiking and camping and shopping.

I'd go on trips like that often minus the shopping part. Increased shopping and sampling would make the excursion even more fun!

Sounds like a perfect plan PeeJay!

Not to get too off topic but I love hiking, backpacking and rock climbing...several times a year I used to frequent Utah for one of my business. Little Cottonwood canyon, Big Cottonwood canyon, Arches, Zion and Caynonlands are amazing IMHO...maybe you could swing by on your route to sampling/ shopping :)...then hit Eldorado canyon (flatirons) Boulder CO, Aspen and Telluride.

I'm so jealous now :)...wish I could join you on your hiking/ sampling adventure...sounds like the absolute perfect trip :thumb:

LOL Jay! Hey, never mind the shopping. Fed-ex some of yours, I'll bring some of mine - we'll be fine! Let me put it this way; I'm in my fifties, grew up in the four corners region, and my Pop's REI membership number is many zeros and four digits long. Yeah... Been around a bit.

Come on out and we can go do some rambling and "Giligan's Island" camping in crazy locals nobody ever frequents. I'm thinking a trip to the Henry's.

LOL Jay! Hey, never mind the shopping. Fed-ex some of yours, I'll bring some of mine - we'll be fine! Let me put it this way; I'm in my fifties, grew up in the four corners region, and my Pop's REI membership number is many zeros and four digits long. Yeah... Been around a bit.

Come on out and we can go do some rambling and "Giligan's Island" camping in crazy locals nobody ever frequents. I'm thinking a trip to the Henry's.

Ha ha ....awesome...I love the REI rebate check every year :thumb:... yeah places most people don't frequent is my style :)...one of my claims to fame is climbing all but six of the 48 4000+ foot mountains of NH in the winter(I don't live in NH). I love hiking all day then smoking a joint, having a nice meal, sleeping like a baby up in the mountains and doing it all again the next day :). Sometimes I sleep in the shelters (not the huts...I don't care for yuppies :)) and most backpackers are minimalistic (I am too, sort of). Most of the time I have the shelter to myself but when there are other people there watch out LOL...they are eating thier freeze dried meals and I have learned to bring a nice dinner dispite the weight. I usually will bring a steak (in the winter), some A1 sauce, pasta and sauce, some cheese and a bottle of wine :). The looks I get are halorious :rofl:...especially when I pull out a fatty and some after dinner snacks :), I always share. After 20 years of backpacking I have learned not to skimp on my food. A couple times of smoking before bed, miles away from any civilization and no food corrected my thinking quick :) I got a bivy sack to replace my tent so I could bring more food LOL. I look at it this way...I'm up in the mountains to relax and enjoy myself...might as well make it exceptional. I still have Mountain House meals I bought in '95 LOL

Sorry to get so off topic PeeJay...you got me started :). Hope you have a great summer...if I could join you it would be the first thing I would do. I've got to go take a couple clones now. Looking forward to seeing more of your plants...always impressive :thumb:

A much more pleasant distraction than being grilled over washing buds, Jay! A while back I said that I really wanted to take the White Panther I grew camping, and that was the highest complements I could pay weed. Camping for me means being where few others go.

As I've grown older the physical thrill has diminished. I have a greater appreciation for nice places to sit and drink it in. I don't find those places right off the tarmac.

Was a yearly rat at the Peruvian in LCC for a couple of decades.

A much more pleasant distraction than being grilled over washing buds, Jay! A while back I said that I really wanted to take the White Panther I grew camping, and that was the highest complements I could pay weed. Camping for me means being where few others go.

As I've grown older the physical thrill has diminished. I have a greater appreciation for nice places to sit and drink it in. I don't find those places right off the tarmac.

Was a yearly rat at the Peruvian in LCC for a couple of decades.

That's awesome PeeJay...we may of crossed paths at some point...I have rock climbed all around there...have you ever been to the natural amphitheater there?...gorgeous place

I wanted to ask you what your thoughts are on bud washing LOL

My thoughts on bud washing? If it was a difficult off-belay reach where missing it would result in death then screw it. It ain't that. Try it, it may be good. There are no know fatalities caused by bud washing moves.

My thoughts on bud washing? If it was a difficult off-belay reach where missing it would result in death then screw it. It ain't that. Try it, it may be good. There are no know fatalities caused by bud washing moves.

:rofl:

I actually am going to try it...you sold me on it a while ago...I have a special plant in mind...it's an auto (first auto I've grown) and it smells amazing (citrus and blueberries) ...it is going to be my "private stock" :)...it deserves the extra special treatment...im going to wash half the buds for comparison...don't worry no questions :)...you always do an excellent job explaining everything :thumb:

PeeJay Id gift you some TLO bud if u were traveling up in my area this spring or summer. There are free pristine camping opportunities here.

PM me if u want to smoke a joint at the top of a mountain by an alpine lake or something at the least.

As far as Rec quality goes (ill skip price since that's a bunch of malarkey and another subject), the only really good weed is from river rock in Denver. (As far as what I've seen since jan)

Weekly update on the lonely single OG in flower. It's been 22 days since the flip and ~15 days since pistles started really kicking. Overall, this pheno took it's time stretching and starting to set buds compared to other strains I've grown. Brix is running 13.5 / 14.0.

ogw3one.jpg
ogw3topdown.jpg
ogw3two.jpg

Yesterday I spotted the first trichomes. Have to hunt around for them a bit, but the frost is starting to happen. Nothing but water and good dirt.

elytrics.jpg

PeeJay Id gift you some TLO bud if u were traveling up in my area this spring or summer. There are free pristine camping opportunities here.

PM me if u want to smoke a joint at the top of a mountain by an alpine lake or something at the least.

As far as Rec quality goes (ill skip price since that's a bunch of malarkey and another subject), the only really good weed is from river rock in Denver. (As far as what I've seen since jan)

Don't know how I missed this CO. I'll shoot you a PM next time I'm headed North. If you are ever down in Northen NM shoot me a message as well!

Oooooo .... that's gonna be ... dense.

I think you're gonna like the way she turns out. MMMph. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hope so Gray! The RH has been crazy low here lately - probably not helping much. Right now it's 7% out in the GH with a bunch of plants transpiring and 12% inside with a humidifier running. :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom