PeeJay's Perpetual Organic Homebrewed Soil - Stealth Cabinet And Greenhouse Grow

Hi PeeJay.:ciao:

Subsribed, a little late.
I had to come and see your OG Kush. Mine is a real slow starter also, she still wasn't really showing any pre-buds at day 14 after flip. Day 20 now, and things are starting to look better but she certainly took a longer time to transition to bloom than the other strains I have grown.
Your OG looks great man, nice bud stacking. Hope mine stacks like that.:thumb:

I think I called day 8 after the flip as the first day of flower, Stealth. I could easily have called it the 14th day after. It's a really healthy plant - just a little slow to set buds. I'm going to do a weekly update after I finish my second cup of coffee and get caught up on some work.

Weekly OG update: 28 days since flip ~ 20 days since starting to throw pistils, as mentioned this plant was slow out of the gates. It's starting to look like it's going to be some high grade smoke in seven or eight weeks :) No feeding or anything since the last update - just cruising in the soil and drinking RO water.

ogw4_1.jpg

ogw4_2.jpg

ogw4_3.jpg

ogw4_4.jpg

ogw4_5.jpg

I also have the two White Panthers that sprouted on 1/26, around 70 days old now. The were transplanted into veg soil ~ day 15. They have been in one gallon pots for seven weeks with nothing but water and feeding on the soil. They were becoming problematic to water, plus I frequently forget to check on them.

wpcln_1.jpg

wpcln_2.jpg

On Monday I gave them a root pruning by sawing off about 1/2" of the rootball on each side and the bottom and put them into 2 gallon containers. They are looking decent. I've never done any cloning. I don't really need any clones. Still, might as well do some practice in case I want some clones sometime.

Today I took some RO water and added about 1ml of the fermented hormone and feed juice I made a while back. Then I pHed the solution to the high 5 zone. Working in rapid rooters I gather that the water should be in the hydro pH range. I soaked some rapid rooter plugs in that solution for about an hour, holding them under water and squeezing the air out of them. I poured about 1/2" of the solution into the rooting tray, and filled a mug with some, too.

As I cut branches I pulled the lower growth off by hand and moved them quickly into the mug.

wpcln_4.jpg

wpcln_5.jpg

wpcln_6.jpg

One by one I let them sit in clonex for around a minute each before inserting them in the plugs.

wpcln_7.jpg

wpcln_8.jpg

I gave them a misting with un pHed RO water mixed with 1ml per gallon of the fermentation product, misted the inside of the dome well, and stashed them in the veg box. We'll see what happens.

wpcln_9.jpg

I also made some of this this week just out of curiosity. Strong medicine.

wax3.jpg

Thanks Reg and Chronic.

One of the things I've found challenging is using the greenhouse space and the cabinet at the same time. If I had to do it all over again I would've had a bigger indoor cabinet space. Last round I should've veged the Darkstar a couple of weeks longer. This time I did better. Here is the OG in the cabinet. The LED is 22 inches above the canopy, so there is room to go higher still. I guessed this one about right.

ogcab2.jpg

ogcab1.jpg

Good morning PeeJay,

I'm caught up on this terrific journal, one thing that disturbed me though, was that I was already subbed up! How in the heck did I lose track of your journal???? Forgive me please, I'm close to your age & but my memory isn't what it once was. Well anyways, I'm thankful that you brought some information out of your journal and placed some good notes, pictures, techniques and observations into my journal, so I didn't miss everything. Thank you! I already have a couple changes that I want to make for my next grow and will be trying to emulate your soil, the results are fantastic and am hoping that the Darkstars that I'm going to attempt will turn out like yours. Right now, I have to wait until I harvest, before I can start another plant.

It kinda does... I was just thinking when I read your journal this morning, CH, that you and I are sort of the same. We both grow small, and neither one of us runs out of smoke between harvests. It would be nice if you were living close and we could legally swap product. :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom