Spitz's Quick Indica Hitter

Looking good Spitz , I completely severed a branch end and a bud last week while doing some branch arranging ..

pee me off it was the tallest branch now its the shortest and losing ground daily.

normally they are hanging by some fiber left that seems to be enough if you wrap it with tape.

looking good Spitz , I broke a bud and branch end off last week like off it ended up in my hand ..

I have found the snapped ones that are attached by a bit of fiber bounce back well enough if you wrap them in Tape.

With the plants I have on the go now did not pinch a single top all that was done was put a 90 degree bend to each plants top , a few times as it grew , this gives the branches the idea that they can be the top of the plant so they compete for it.

As they compete for it I bend or pull the tallest branches off to the side until everything is one level.

I use some rebar wire to pull the branches into shape to form a level Plateau.

It allows me to shape the plant without using a scrog when one is not needed until the Buds get too heavy somewhere near the end.

The rebar tie wire is really nice to work with , flexible yet firm enough to hold its shape and its reusable

Eco friendly (sort of)

It's been a while, so forgive the questions lol.
How big is your tent?
What led are using?
Looks good sir!

It's a 4x4' tent. Zippers are peeling apart. This is the final voyage for this tent. Off to the dump afterwards. The light is a xml650 from Advanced LED. I absolutely love the light and is perfect for a 4x4. It draws about 600W from the wall.

This will hopefully be the last run for it as well. I'll hang on to it for the next attempt with different lights and then maybe donate it to someone with a cause. I've got two Timber Cree 3590 COB fixtures that will draw about 200W each for a new 2x4'. I hate reaching into the back of the tent to do anything and this should help. I'm enjoying growing plants. It's more than the wife uses growing in a 4x4 and I just can't seem to NOT fill the tent. Solution = smaller tent

Welcome Ketel and thanks. I'll grab some pics tonight/tomorrow for an update.

Small update.. the Bubblicious is a very sativa looking lady. Classic flower onset, development, and leaf shape. I'm going to do a bit more research on her from the Nirvanna genetics. I'm not convinced she is what she is supposed to be. Again an order packaged in a way that didn't make a whole lot of sense. If I can't find a straight sativa phenotype, I'll cut her up. The others are packing it on and I'm certain of their genetics as they were from a different order. Pics will follow in the next day or two.

I've got some questions on my seedlings... I'll post pics and inquire tonight for sure. Peace peeps!

The 5 featured ladies look great! The BubbleBomb, Vanilla Kush, and Budzilla are growing flowers nicely! The AK is a week or so behind and the Bubblicious is just crazy. I've super cropped her on 6 branches and she's still stretching like crazy. The girls posture, leafs, and buds look very classic sativa. I wasn't expecting this and quite possibly a hiccup in my 13.5/10.5 observation. If I can't get photos of them up in the AM, it will be early next week. Crazy busy lately.

The Dark Devil is ready to try. Looks and smells terrific! I think drying her much cooler and a bit higher RH really helped. Hopefully momma can report back on her in the near future.

IMG_198432.JPG

The Timber lights and new tent are about to be unboxed. I don't know why I'm procrastinating. I'm sure it's the holes in my tent zippers of the flowering plants and my fear of the extended veg light on them. Still, it's a hurdle I'll have to overcome soon enough.

Here they are currently under 46w of cfl. Lights are mostly on. I unplug them every now and then at night if I go to bed late. Otherwise, they're just on a mostly on light schedule. I'm not too worried about it but I could do better. The 2 big are in coco. The smaller in soil. I stunted the Strawberry Kush and may just trash it. Classic overwatering of a plant that was just struggling for a few days.

IMG_197932.JPG
IMG_198030.JPG
IMG_198138.JPG

I just topped them tonight. I may not keep any of these. I've got some concerns about the genetics. The 2 big seedlings in coco are Pineapple Haze and Sour Diesel. They are supposed to be Sativa heavy hybrids. I grew an Afghan with more sativa characteristics than these two.

Not sure if it could be a cooler root zone or just a little underpowered in light?? Either way, I'm not sure I trust the genetics. It may be back into the seed stash. I've seen some sativas start young with indica characteristics, but nothing like this. Would love to hear your thoughts... peace!

They weren't overwatered until they were struggling in likely a hot soil mix. Then "bam"... they got me! Lol... I'm sure they'll be fine and only setting me back a couple of weeks. I really only intended on keeping 2 of them anyway. I might throw the Strawberry Kush outside?? The Gold Leaf was to try and win me over before moving on to flowering. Safe to say that likely won't happen. Again.. I'm not convinced the SourD or Pineapple Haze will ever see 12/12. It may be a personal characteristic flaw, but I hate growing a plant that I don't know what it is and I'm almost convinced they are not what they say they are. I'm starting to lose faith in seed banks. Anything that doesn't come in breeder packs just doesn't seem to be what they say. Half the time they label things completely different then what they say too. I guess it is what it is.... later peeps!

Nice you got two strong ones and they do look strong and healthy

I don't like growing when Ii don't know what it is either , its strange not knowing what your smoking and ends the strain conversation before it gets started....

What is it ?

I don't know , they came in a mixed pack without labels ..

Talk about dull information !

I've seen some sativas start young with indica characteristics, but nothing like this.
That completely sums up my thoughts on it and I can't think of anything else intelligent to say about it. Except I don't save unknown strains or seeds much either. When I don't know what it is, and most of the seeds i find in my plants fall into that category - it gets tossed. Except occasionally when I'm only mostly sure what the cross is, but all the options are decent.

Many strains are Indica Sativa hybrids Ive noticed Sativa seedlings having Indica leaves that later turn mostly Sativa looking as well as Indica plants with thin sativa leaves.

The clincher is sometimes the same plant will make some buds with Sativa dominate seeds and other buds with Indica dominate seeds.
The bubblegums im growing now are a Indica cross with the plant and bud structure of a Indica but with thin long Sativa type leaves , its almost to be expected as most stains are a Mix and labeled as 70% Indica ( or sativa) and 30% sativa ( or Indica)

Some are a 50/50 mix , I want to try one of those strains., could be a uplifting high that worked well for sleep ...

As it is Indica is what I use in the evening for its sedative effect and Sativa in the daytime for its uplifting energy

I should of added that I have read strain descriptions more then once where the breeder description mentions that the strain is stable and has been hand selected from hundreds sometimes thousands of plants and well tested.

The Dutch are known for their stable varieties and top notch breeding practices , North Americans less so as we have many breeds coming out yearly by many breeders.

Side note ,The worse thing is buying seeds that hermie ... talk about bad breeders ..public hazards happened to me last grow. Oh joy

My current seeds were ordered from Europe

The next rounds seeds were ordered from Montreal , if I get another hermie I'm not going to be impressed :volcano-smiley:

It's been a while... I haven't seen the girls in 3 days. I left an inch of water in their saucers which was about 64oz of water per. They were dry when I got home, but still happy!

I'll update later this week with some facts. This one is all qualitative! The bubblicious is still growing. I read a bit about her and this is a pheno that exists. I'll do some more research but I'm convinced this is Bubblicious..

Quick update...

Data dump: temps 60-70F at lights off and 75-85F at lights on. Lights are still 13.5 on and 10.5 off. I think I'll knock off an hour in a week or two. Feeding around 1000ppm of bloom mix. Plants are showing slight nutrient burn. They will get PH water for a few days or until I can give them a flush. I haven't been discarding my runoff so have been watering to just full lately. Not sure I will ever get them back in if I pull them out of the tent. Otherwise, they look great.

IMG_198931.JPG
IMG_199034.JPG
IMG_199129.JPG

Back
Top Bottom