Spitz's Quick Indica Hitter

I cut down the Bubblebomb and Vanilla Kush this morning. About 2 hrs of work for the job. The entire house stinks. I sure hope we don't have company today! I run 2 fan/filter combos. One at lights on and 1 24/7. One had the duct come loose from the filter. With the plants/lights where they are, I can't get to it easily. I just routed the exhaust back into the tent.

***If given the opportunity, leave fans, power strips, etc... accessible. Lesson learned.

Sorry for the lack of pics.. It was a spur of moment decision. They've had a week or so flush with a feed in the middle. I think they'll be just fine. I found a few dried "nanners " on the Bubblicious. I didn't see any seed pods, but I think I'll find a few in there. Could have been light leaking. As mentioned, the tent is torn way up.

The Bubblebomb on the right and Vanilla Kush on the left. It's a pretty good harvest.. that box is about 30" tall and 6 rows deep.

IMG_201825.JPG

Leaves me with 3 to go! The Budzilla could come down any time. I'll throw some pics up of her next update. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw her. Again, it had been about 5 weeks. The Bubblicious won't ever finish. It's going to be an early harvest in 2-3 weeks. He AK47 Needs time too.

IMG_201524.JPG
IMG_201628.JPG

The 2 new Barneys Farms seeds popped. The PHaze regs are doing fine. 400W of Timber Cree power on the horizon! Peace peeps!

Nice!...:thumb:...lookin' Good!...heading stateside tomorrow, for a couple days...annual anniversary trip...hope the grow store is open this time(wasn't when we were there in November)...need to find a couple things I can't source locally...looking forward to starting this years adventure...and although I don't need any seeds...couldn't help myself...got some Malawi auto's comin' next week!...lolool...Cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I spent the last 2 mornings cutting up the remaining 3.

The AK47 was lanky. A great main top and the tops of 6 other branches. A whole lot of this lady went to the budder pile. She is a stinker too! I'll put up some hanging pics soon. I didn't get any good pics of the ladies as none were able to stand on their own. Should be a couple of quarts of good buds (+\- 2 ozs).

The Bubblicious was a monster. She took up the entire drying box. Big buds and big colas. She has a very sweet aroma to her. She's an all sativa lady and something tells me she's going to be a favorite of momma. I'm going to estimate 9zips dried. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

Then there was the Budzilla. Back of the tent low maintenance lady. I cut her last and as I reached in for a branch of the others, I couldn't help staring at her. She is my "blizzard girl". Absolutely covered in frost and about 1/3 of her is beautiful! The rest was a bit underdeveloped and headed to the trim pile. No surprises as she was never defoliated and spent a good chunk of her life in the shade. She was a perfect candidate to harvest in sections and reveg. I didn't bother as I'm interested in moving to the 2x4 and scaling down. I bet I take 1.5oz of beautiful buds off her. If I can dry her slow enough, she may be a NOM contender.

The plants are all hanging in the tent. The room will get a good cleaning and the tent will hit the garbage when the plants are dried. The Ace Purple Haze are coming along nicely. They are around their 4th or 5th node. The Barneys Triple Cheese is above ground. The Cookies Kush was above ground and then just disappeared?? Cat?? The seedlings are in the bathroom under 46W of CFL. I dropped another seed.

Bud pictures coming later.. I promise! Thanks for following. I'll gladly share my 12/12 CookiesKush/Triple Cheese while sexing the PHaze if y'all are interested in the Timber light run. The ultimate goal is to sex the Haze and set it up for a Christmas harvest. The winter run will be a Mr Nice White Widow pheno hunt. Later peeps!

A few photos until I can take some nug shots. I have come to realize that I am an average plant grower and a terrible photographer.

Here is a shot of the Bubblicious hanging. I left a quart jar of Bubblebomb for reference. If you can read the gauge, it's at 50% RH, FML. I may try to rehydrate them a bit. I still can't determine (from research) if the cure stops once they get below xx% or you can get it to cure some more if rehydrated. Thoughts?

Here is the hanging Bubblicious...
IMG_201926.JPG

A Bubblicious bud below...

IMG_202032.JPG

The AK47 and Budzilla are on hangers in the tent. The AK was very lanky and all the branches very top heavy. She was a "flopper". Zero appeal as a pretty plant, but she stinks incredible. The Budzilla was my sleeper. Perfect structure and a decent yield for being so shaded. I'll take some better nug shots when I cut her off the stem. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow night.

AK on the left, Budzilla on the right...

IMG_202127.JPG

An AK bud...

IMG_202727.JPG

A Budzilla bud...

IMG_202531.JPG

A shot of the harvested Vanilla Kush (3qts on the left) and Bubblebomb (4 qts on the right)...

IMG_202827.JPG

If there is anything you want to know, shout it out! Peace...

Very nice Spitz.
I am in the process of my firsy harvest. Pics soon.
Wow, I find trimming very time consuming. I have so much to learn. Already ready know of 6 things that I am changing.
Again, nice sweet nectar Spitz. Great job.

Absolutely AWESOME! I hope someday to have buds as big as yours! My AK 48 and BBL are extremely sticky, and only the topmost buds got big enough for a bowl, but lots of trics on the mini bud and even the smallest 3-fingered leaves!

She loves the Bubblicious. I think it's just because she prefers the sativas. The Bubblebomb is a good medium for her and so is the Budzilla. The Vanilla Kush isn't a favorite. Haven't tried the AK47 yet. None have any heavy indica effects to them. I may have cut them a bit early. We'll give it a few more weeks, but I I think most of these ladies will turn out to be oil.

Here are the Purple Haze plants. I've been reluctant to pot them up because I don't want monsters. I'm just trying to get them mature for now. I will take clones this weekend or early next week, pot them up, and place them into the tent. I currently have tomatoes and peppers in there for the garden. It's tough to find good heirlooms at the local greenhouse so I plant them from seed. I'll pick up some hybrids from them to round things out.

IMG_203026.JPG
IMG_202928.JPG

The one on the right has that leaf twist I see often. I drift the PH pretty hard in these (coco) just to observe. I do believe it's from real low RH (about 15%). They grow out of it as adults after their roots mature up. Also, I have one of the Cree COB fixtures up. These things are bright as hell. I'm looking forward to flowering under one. It's definitely a better blended light, I have doubts it will match what my xml does Watt per Watt. We'll see soon enough. I'm really looking forward to OCtober and either the Shiva Skunk (NL#5 X Skunk1) or the Mr Nice WW pheno hunt. Good times.. the focus for the summer will be on veggies!

I'm looking forward to those pheno hunts too Spitz. Lately I keep finding people telling me to go check out those early strains if I want something good.
Vanilla Kush wasn't a hit hey? It was recommended to me as a killer indica.
Re the leaf tip curl- in my experience in soilless it happens when ph gets too high. I don't know if you remember that side-by-side ph test grow thing I did here- The Hexapus's Garden

At least in my case it seems to be the same claw as an N toxicity. My vague theory- based on staring at the nutrient uptake chart - hydro ph range, was when ph gets too high almost everything starts getting locked out except N (and Mg). Just a theory but I do see leaf tips start curling down whenever ph gets high. I'm not saying that yours is necessarily the same cause- but it's something to keep an eye on.

I wonder about that curing question too. The one you asked about overdried bud. I used to assume that it wouldn't hurt it to rehydrate it and carry on as usual. Now I'm not sure, because I overdried a batch of Malawi a while back and it just doesn't seem the same. An easy experiment to try though. I'll do that. A couple samples from the stuff I have drying now- some overdried and rehydrated and some 'normal'. I'll add that to my list in order to try not to forget. :laughtwo:

Have fun in the garden and belated congrats on the beautiful harvest, Spitz.
( I actually did read all your posts here at the time -just noticed now that I never even 'liked' them to say hi- something must have come up at the time.)

You might be right on the high PH. I watered these two anywhere from 5-6PH. I didn't water daily. Hell, I was lucky to water weekly and let them completely dry a few times. My nutrient solution always buffers to 7 after a few days (at least in a pail it does). The one twisted very early. Right out of the seed it looked like that. New growth would come in fine and then "twist". It didn't seem to slow it down at all. I bet it's a "he" too. Thanks for the feedback!

Good job sir! Don't frequent 420mag as i used to, but when i do, i go to Spitz first. Ill give you a passing grade on photography. A bountiful harvest!:thumb:

Good job sir! Don't frequent 420mag as i used to, but when i do, i go to Spitz first. Ill give you a passing grade on photography. A bountiful harvest!:thumb:

Good to see Ya' Cd!...been quite a while...hope Yer' holding up OK!?......Cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...

Good to see Ya' Cd!...been quite a while...hope Yer' holding up OK!?......Cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...
I folded my tent after my last grow. I've been busy at the state level trying to get a medical program. They denied my application to become a hemp farmer, so I'm working on filing my petition with the NC OAH. Gotta stay on the up-and-up.

A random update on my garden... Both Ace Purple Haze turned out female. I intended on sexing and running a clone. Busy spring and scrap that idea. I dropped a 12/12 cookies kush and triple cheese (both Barneys) just to see what my new COB lights could do. I only hooked up 1 so both PH and BF strains have been under 1 200W Timber COB. I must say I'm shocked at how they are doing. The plants get watered every 2-3 days whether they need it or not. Most times they are wilted dry. I really haven't been paying much attention to them. This winter, I'm going to see what these lights can do.

Here is a garden shot... the PH sativas might be done by Christmas. I have no doubt I will kill them before then. The Cookies Kush looks great, smells terrible, is frosty as hell, and might come down tonight. Anyway, garden shot

IMG_203328.JPG
IMG_203529.JPG

The Cookies Kush..

IMG_203634.JPG
IMG_203729.JPG

Cheese needs a little longer, but she may come down soon too. I may power down the garden until late fall and toss the PH.

IMG_204029.JPG

Some feedback on the previous harvest..

The Bubblicious is the clear favorite. It's very light and very upbeat smoke. Extremely mild and "fresh" is the description. She was a Nirvanna strain and not what I was expecting from their description. Then again, I didn't get the seeds from breeders packs so you just never know. Anyway, hope y'all are safe and happy!

Thanks for the update Bud!...be a shame to toss the PH...but...not sure what Yer' power cost's are...if anything like here...prolly for the best!??...still trying to decide to move my malawi auto's to their own space or leave them with the photo's when I flip in 10 days...been doing some reading...seems some auto strains do fine under 12/12...no info on this particular strain tho'...cheerz Bud...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom