Spring's 4 Separate Auto Strains - Soil - T8s - CFL - Closet Grow

The pics are a bit blurry! I have a Smart pot for the Big bang auto. The rest are all plastic HD specials! So far no complaints on the smart pot though its only been a few weeks. Do not try and use a 3 gallon drain pan. Even if you set it first then add the medium it still bulges out. Get the next size up unless you have a plastic flooring. The dwc should work out and it's a learning experience. Thanks for coming buy!!

Also, on the smart pots, if the drain saucers are too small, the moisture at the bottom of the pot is held in by the saucer and you'll end up getting roots growing out of the pot near the bottom on the sides... Definitely want the saucer to be big enough for there to be breathing room. :)

Your plants look great, Spring! :goodjob:

Also, on the smart pots, if the drain saucers are too small, the moisture at the bottom of the pot is held in by the saucer and you'll end up getting roots growing out of the pot near the bottom on the sides... Definitely want the saucer to be big enough for there to be breathing room. :)

Your plants look great, Spring! :goodjob:

Thanks for the tip! This is my first grow so I'm happy to have made it this far.

Update : The tent has arrived and I have been spending time trying to dial it in. Few issues with ventilation! Shit I was really hoping the ventilation issues were going to disappear! I have the inline fan pulling from above the tent through a carbon filter. I have two vents open in the bottom and three small fans circulating air. The heat is just being blown out into the closet. So when I shut the tent up and close the closet door the temps climbed to 90 in the tent withing 15 minutes! Thinking I may just vent into the attic. Any one think this will help? I'm hoping that this will pull the heat completely out of the room. Once I go down to a few plants I can put fans in front of the lower vents pulling in more fresh air.

I am waiting to harvest the Auto#1 soon. Looking like Sun night if the trichs tell me its time. Massive foxtailing on her. After my 4 auto's are done I'm gonna keep 4 plants max. Probably get down to just two for a few grows. May keep some more DWC grows when I get good seeds.

I had the same problem with the tent. Keeping the door to the room open and the apartment at 75 solved it for me. I noticed every time I close the door to the room that the tent is in, heat builds up fast! I would notice the whole room gaining degrees / minute.
I think venting into the attic will definitely help a lot.
Congrats on the tent :) Don't worry, you'll solve the temps issue real quick, you just have to try a couple of different things :)

few quick pics of my tent set up which has changed since taking these photos. I am now running the outtake into the attic. My inline fan is there as well. Much quieter. Until I get down a few plants I feel the heat is still too much. Its running at 81 with one side open. Gotta get rid of a few lights. The DWC grow hit a snag with the seeds. I obviously should have germed to a plug then transplanted. Just not used too Coir and how it reacts. I may have over watered because I was not used to it. Either way I'm trying to salvage the seedlings. If not Ill get more seeds and try again. This small set back is in know way attributed to the DWC set up. I simply had no experience with the coc coir or rooting first! Live and learn. Good thing the seeds were shit. That may be another factor as well. The auto#1 goes under 48 hours over darkness then its trim time.So Sun will be the night. I have already been drying some of the side branches. Some just dried for 4 days and is spongy enough to go into a mason jar. The temps are good and RH less than 50% sometimes 45%. The light cluster F will be thinned out once I get these 4 girls harvested. Im gonna stay with the Auto Bomb and Big Bang for now. When I get some seeds I'll try the DWC again if my two seedlings fail to survive.

HPIM3058.JPG
HPIM3057.JPG
HPIM3056.JPG
HPIM3053.JPG
HPIM3054.JPG
HPIM3055.JPG

Congrats on the new setup. Looks great man! I hope you resolve your temps issues, but I don't think leaving one side open is a good idea (?). See as usual, I'm not sure about anything, but here's what I notice with my tent:
-The temps rise when I open the doors to check on them. It's always 2 degrees less when I close up.
-Controlling the temperature of the room that the tent is in made the biggest difference.
-Closing a door on the tent's room will trap the heat in that room and within minutes your temps will shoot up to 90. (you don't have to worry about this since you're venting into the attic now)
-Always remember that you can control where your tent is sucking the air from. You can simply use a flex duct to have your tent suck air from next to an AC vent maybe :)? I have a flex duct just laying on the floor and connected to the tent to have it suck from the adjacent room with an AC vent close by.

Just some thoughts, hope they help somehow.

I like that. I would love to run an AC flex duct into the tent! Not sure how. I would have to tap into the vent and then run another flex duct down into the closet. Yeah i may have to try that as well. The wife is like I thought we bought this to keep it all closed up! I'm having to start explaining how shit does not pan out immediately!

I remember listening to at least 10 cracks when I stood up after trimming (I'm not exaggerating lol). That was one of the most relieving back cracks I've ever had :laughtwo: and I only did one plant! I can't even imagine what some of the guys here do with 50 colas, even more sometimes :thedoubletake:

Just Beautiful Spring, Absolutely Gorgeous!!!:high-five: When I Look At The Rest Of Your Journal, I'll Give You My Thoughts On It, And From The Looks Of Your Herb, It Will Be ALL GOOD!!!:bravo: First Rate Mate!!! I Think I Can Smell It Through The Screen, LOL!!!:) What, Thats An Auto??? Autos Are Sure Looking Better These days!!! I Am Amazed, To Say The Least!!!:party: We Need To Have A Harvest Party!!! Take Care Spring, GOOD WORK/ART!!! iSmokes, I Sent That Friend request BTW!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom