Spring's 4 Separate Auto Strains - Soil - T8s - CFL - Closet Grow

A few pics of the tent after some more tweaking. The temps started at 91 when I first got the tent. That was with an inline 400/cfm fan and carbon filter blowing back into the closet from outtake ( doors open room door shut ). I had two passive intake flaps hardly open. 22 cfls at true 23 watts each (100 eqiv ) and 6 T8's at true 32 watts each will put off some heat from their ballasts. The T8's are great for side light but I can do away with them for now. I would rather make the trade off with lower temps and much more room. I was able to pick up a 200 watt CFL and hood for $50! Brand new. Local shop was feeling friendly ( looking to land my business )! I was able to pull out 10 23 watt cfl's. I loose a few watts but I gain in space and lower temps. I also ran the flex duct from the carbon filter into the attic with fan. Much better on noise. I pulled all three passive intake flaps up and secure but I have added two fans to each intake opening. A third 6" fan blows at ballast height on the remaining 12 23 watt Cfl's. My temps are running at 82 with the tent fully closed and closet door. The sides of the tent are sucking in from the fan. I m gonna keep working to get them down to 79. My whole grow has been at 82 to 84 at times. So I can live with the temps. The RH as dropped too much for veg. 47%. That's great for flowering and does well for hang drying but hurts my several week old autos. Look at the pic of these cool light hangers. They are pull up or push down locking 30" hangers. great for auto's and 2.99 a pair. They can be found in any " As seen on T.V." section of many popular retailers. Online I would imagine as well. So I feel much more secure in the tent. I have managed to down size a plant that is in dark for the next 2 days and should be all harvested within three weeks for my remaining 3 auto's. Then I will just have the Big Bang and Auto Bomb to work with. They will be flowering then. I'll start a few for the DWC setup a few weeks after that. Their small enough to not hurt me on space. The tent looks much better than when I first started. The New 200 watt CFL is huge. Like 4" around and 10 to 12" long.

If you go back a few pages you'll see the sad attempt of setting up my tent!
HPIM3084.JPG
HPIM3079.JPG
HPIM3080.JPG
HPIM3078.JPG
HPIM3083.JPG
HPIM3076.JPG
HPIM3075.JPG
ll see the sad attempt of setting up my tent!

LOL, shit never pans out immediately. My setup changed 236 times in 2 months :laughtwo:! It seriously changed at least 10 times in less than 10 weeks. Everything changes any time I buy a new toy. I'm sure you'll figure it out :thumb:

It never ends....

Good job man! Looks neat and roomy. I finished an exhausting job as well. The exhausting part was knowing that if the temps don't work out, I have to take everything down and set it up again LOL! :bitingnails:
Thankfully the temps worked out great.

The tent has been closed for the last 8 hours. I checked the temp every few hours. I just checked and the temp was 79! I could never get that in my closet unless the closet door was open and running 73 for ac.. Issue is with a RH of 45%. I will have to add water in some fashion.

Here is a pic of some side branch buds. Overall I got around 16 grams from the side. The Cola comes down in a few.

HPIM3086.JPG

Spring those buds honestly look delicious :yummy: !!
and congrats on the tempss :yahoo: :party:

One thing I'd like to add, my plants did just fine vegging at 45. Not recommending it, just telling my story :).

Good to know about your RH experience. Ill give it a few days. The tent is settling in!

One thing I noticed spring was that your extension cord is right next to the smart pot. I'd be careful and maybe use zip ties to tie that outlet extension on one of the tent's sides. I go by the rule everything electric above my waist and everything wet should be under my waist.

By the way, which tent is this spring? The corners seem to be metal rather than plastic? I bet that's pretty sturdy :thumb:

Virtual Sun VS4800-24 Reflective Mylar Hydroponic Plant Grow Box Tent - 48x24x60. So far I like the tent. Ill have to move the cord! thanks man. I ran a dedicated plug inside the closet that has helped stealth mode.

the link for the 2ltr dwc hempies is in my sig below, click and have a read, feel free to ask any questions and ill do my best to answer them, i got several going at the moment, 1 got 3 x 2ltr dwc, 2 of these are in the start of flower and over 1ft high, the other one is still growing, all of these are 12-12 from seed as well, i have also got some 2ltr none dwc, basically these are 12-12 from seed as well and just got soil in 2ltr bottles so i can compare the yield from the 2,

plus 2 of my dwc have got air stones in and the other has not, i was going to leave it this way but i just rotate the res every few days so they all get the bubble treatment on a sort of 3 day rotation,

Here a few pics of my Auto#1 main cola. She is all chopped down and drying. Ill have a complete report when all goes into a jar. The main bud came out ok. I trimmed much off of it. Not sure if I should cut her up to dry better? Looked at her roots and they were fine. I washed them a bit to get a good pic. There were tons in the soil itself. Soil looked great and the main stem healthy. I am in no way disrespecting the precious document I used in a few pics. I feel very strong about it. So much so I devoted over a decade in the United States Navy.

HPIM3118.JPG
HPIM3117.JPG
HPIM3112.JPG
HPIM3111.JPG
HPIM3110.JPG
HPIM3109.JPG
HPIM3108.JPG
HPIM3106.JPG
HPIM3105.JPG
HPIM3101.JPG
HPIM3100.JPG
HPIM3098.JPG