Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

I don't know you but what my first things I watch is,overwater,plenty of the right light(veg etc.)and when mine are small I don't give alot of nutes.If I
really want to jump start a plant,I pull her out and replant in fresh soil.

Since the 4 white widows are from seed, I thought I'd try it to see if I can get 4, well 3 in my case, main colas. OG kept saying I could grow more with my 400w, imagine...if I can mimic your hempy sog and have 6 plants each produce 4 main colas...

How cool would that be :yummy:

exactly sqwheels, you got it......:yahoo:

I don't know if i posted this in your thread or somewhere else but if you roll a blue shop towel up, run one end of it down to the bottom of your hempy bucket and as you fill it with perlite keep the rolled up paper towel near the middle when you put your plant in it will immediatly get moisture and the "hempy lag" won't happen. An internal wick as it is just that. Also if you mix 1 part Fullers earth (cheap oil absorbant from the auto parts store) to 3 or 4 parts Perlite it will hold up your plants if they get heavy budded. Earlier in your thread you had a deficiency that looked identical to one I was experiencing, I thought it was magnesium and treated it by mixing two teaspoons of epsom salts and a tablespoon of seaweed extract in a gallon of water but when that had no real effect I PH'd and found I was a bit high at 7.2. I fixed this by using a home made PH down to get a PH of 6.0, problem begins to disappear but the damaged leaves did not recover and were removed.

hi sqwheels. i'm pretty new to this site and to growing but I read through your journal so far and it's been very helpful and informative. I hopefully will have a similar set-up going soon, but I'm waiting for my white widow seeds in the mail. I have considered using a hempy set-up for my pots or possibly a soil perlite mix. I was wondering what nutes you are using. Any OC+? Thanks and good luck with your grow. I hope my plants look as good as yours when my seeds get here

I don't know you but what my first things I watch is,overwater,plenty of the right light(veg etc.)and when mine are small I don't give alot of nutes.If I
really want to jump start a plant,I pull her out and replant in fresh soil.

Hi Spike,

I'm pretty sure it was pH...the new growth looks a little better, or it could have been lack of nutes. I didn't give them any for the first week or so. I'll post pics and an update in a little bit.

Thanks for looking in...it's nice to have extra input.

:thanks:

Hi OMM,

Glad you made it..they look good now, lets hope all goes as planned and I get 4 big beautiful girls out of it.

:bong:

I don't know if i posted this in your thread or somewhere else but if you roll a blue shop towel up, run one end of it down to the bottom of your hempy bucket and as you fill it with perlite keep the rolled up paper towel near the middle when you put your plant in it will immediatly get moisture and the "hempy lag" won't happen. An internal wick as it is just that. Also if you mix 1 part Fullers earth (cheap oil absorbant from the auto parts store) to 3 or 4 parts Perlite it will hold up your plants if they get heavy budded. Earlier in your thread you had a deficiency that looked identical to one I was experiencing, I thought it was magnesium and treated it by mixing two teaspoons of epsom salts and a tablespoon of seaweed extract in a gallon of water but when that had no real effect I PH'd and found I was a bit high at 7.2. I fixed this by using a home made PH down to get a PH of 6.0, problem begins to disappear but the damaged leaves did not recover and were removed.

Hi Dr.RW

I've read this idea before...it's a good one for wicking, just not sure about what's in those towels, my husbands got a ton of them in his garage, just not sure I want to put them in my plants. Never heard of Fullers earth, my husband uses a shovel of dirt from the yard if he needs to soak up a little oil.

I used a 75/25 perlite/vermiculite mix I made from 6 scoops perlite and 1 scoop fine verm and 1 scoop course verm. I think the course verm holds moisture a little longer than the fine. It seems to have worked, their only 3 weeks old today and look pretty good to my uneducated eye. I've been using a pH between 5.6 - 5.9.

How did you make homemade pH down?

I was catching up on my subs a couple days ago and somebody's journal made mention of a forum dedicated to homemade tonics...I thought this was a great idea. I think it was Blue Planet Nutes...We'll have to talk to him more on this...

:peace:

hi sqwheels. i'm pretty new to this site and to growing but I read through your journal so far and it's been very helpful and informative. I hopefully will have a similar set-up going soon, but I'm waiting for my white widow seeds in the mail. I have considered using a hempy set-up for my pots or possibly a soil perlite mix. I was wondering what nutes you are using. Any OC+? Thanks and good luck with your grow. I hope my plants look as good as yours when my seeds get here

Hi Treezzz,

:welcome: to 420mag, it's a great place! I've learned so much since joining here. This is my first attempt at hempy...did you go see 420fied's 112 sog? That's where I got the idea, if you're considering hempy it's worth the read.

I'm using Canna Terravega for nutes...tonights dose was 10ml pH'd 5.8 4oz in each pot. No OC+, I've read about it, others seem to like it, I can't find it at my local store, only the plain OC.

Thanks for visiting my journal, I'm glad it's been helpful, good luck with those seeds when they show up. :yummy:

Update in a few...

Weekly Update,

21 days since I germ'd these in paper towel on the cable box

Group Shot White Widow seedlings a-d clockwise from top left
DSCN03213.JPG

WW-a some stunted leaf growth with this one, some of the leaves are almost round
DSCN03123.JPG

You can see the wrinkled leaves I was talking about in this pic of WW-b
DSCN03134.JPG

WW-c, the Uncle Ben's style topping victim
DSCN03142.JPG

This is a close up of WW-c you can see where I accidentally cut what was suppose to be the 4th cola...oops
DSCN03154.JPG

WW-d This one might be the best of them all, no weird wrinkles, or blotches, or stunted leaves here
DSCN03163.JPG

And...Wonder Woman, she's gonna give me some clones pretty soon I hope
DSCN03172.JPG

Ok that's it for now, 5am comes early, and I need my beauty sleep :yahoo:

Hope you enjoy the pics

:green_heart:

Happy Growing Everybody

Looks great Sqwheels - not sure why your leaves are a bit wrinkly, but they look healthy to me. That looks like great growth based on when you germinated them. Nice work! :high-five:

yeah they look good, the wonder woman leaves generally grow like that, so it's nothing to be afraid of, the fans get really big on them and kinda of cup a little as they reach up. She looks really healthy though, keep it up. I'd say shes ready to clone now if you want to.

Hi 420fied, thanks for looking in...

I forget, how often did you have to water? I put the drain hole just above the base of the bottle and made it 3/8", they seem to be nearly empty about every 36 hrs. What I'm wondering is should they dry out a little or should I keep that reservior full? At what pH did you feed yours?

Looks great Sqwheels - not sure why your leaves are a bit wrinkly, but they look healthy to me. That looks like great growth based on when you germinated them. Nice work! :high-five:

Hi Xlr8,

ya, I'm really surprised by the growth rate...only 21 days, lets hope this trend continues, if so I'll be thrilled :yahoo: Note sure about the wrinkles, but they seem to be improving, maybe it was pH, or the fact that I wasn't giving any nutes for the first 10 days or so.

Thanks for the encouragement...Same back at ya, your grow looks really good too. :peace:

CK20,

I think I've decided to top the Wonder Woman, she's 10" tall and the WW seedlings are 4-5" now. In order to keep them around the same height during flower it would probably be best to top instead of take clones.

Because I'm new to growing I'm really just wingin' it basically, experimenting to find the best method for me. :yahoo:

And with the help and guidance I've gotten from the good folks here at 420mag, I've had 2 successful grows so far, and think I'm on my way to a 3rd. :yummy:

thanks to all

Hi 420fied, thanks for looking in...

I forget, how often did you have to water? I put the drain hole just above the base of the bottle and made it 3/8", they seem to be nearly empty about every 36 hrs. What I'm wondering is should they dry out a little or should I keep that reservior full? At what pH did you feed yours?

I watered them daily in my first SOG journal, in my new BPN journal, I'm skipping a day between waterings so it's every other day. Some people let them go 3 days but I never do. I'm only speaking on the way I do it. There are several variations that will work.

My holes are 2 1/4" up from the bottom of the 2 liter. How far up from the bottom is your hole? When they are young, it's good to let them dry out a little so the roots stretch and look for water, but as they mature and the roots are laying in the res at the bottom, I try and keep it full.

I always feed my Hempys PH'd at 6.

Good luck to you.

Your "top" should be big enough to be a clone......try one even if it seems small to you. Don't hesitate to cut a bunch off when you top, you got a lot of branching going on.

I watered them daily in my first SOG journal, in my new --- journal, I'm skipping a day between waterings so it's every other day. Some people let them go 3 days but I never do. I'm only speaking on the way I do it. There are several variations that will work.

My holes are 2 1/4" up from the bottom of the 2 liter. How far up from the bottom is your hole? When they are young, it's good to let them dry out a little so the roots stretch and look for water, but as they mature and the roots are laying in the res at the bottom, I try and keep it full.

I always feed my Hempys PH'd at 6.

Good luck to you.

Hi 420fied,

Here's a pic of the hempy pot base, I painted the bottom black so no light would get to the root system, Hubby drilled a 3/8" hole about 2-1/2" up from the bottom and I hot glued a piece of screen to the outside so the mix wouldn't wash out when I watered.
DSCN03234.JPG

I've been watering when the pots feel light, and if tipped sideways no water comes out, it's been between 36-48 hrs. Todays watering they took 10-12oz the bring the water up to the whole. It effectively doubles the weight of the pot from dry to full res.

Thanks for looking in and helping me. Much appreciated. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom