Stage's 4x4 600W HPS/MH/LED - DWC - Coco - OG Kush - BC BigBud - Hybrid Grow

Re: Stage's -4x4 -600W HPS/MH -Platinum LED -DWC -Coco -OG Kush -BC BigBud - Hybrid G

Hell yeah man! Cant wait to see your final haul manicured and laid out.

Yo PakaCordova! :thumb:
I totally will have a manicured haul laid out for all to see and I will list them individually for each plant.

Excited for you bro, good work. Enjoy the harvest!!

Yo petergreen,
I want to thank you for riding with me on this grow!:high-five:
Its been a blast! :clap:
I will be living vicariously thru your current grow as I will likely sit on the sidelines when the warmer weather hits in a bit. I wont rule out getting some "autos" and going all LED if the need arises. :cheesygrinsmiley:
After the harvest post, I will have a smoke report on the final product as well as the final dried/cured weights.:thumb:

Re: Stage's -4x4 -600W HPS/MH -Platinum LED -DWC -Coco -OG Kush -BC BigBud - Hybrid G

Hey Stage, congrats on your success.

Did the plants spend their entire flowering period under the same light, or did they all get an even dose from both?

Whats good Alienpus my dude?:Namaste:
I started the girls under a 450w mh for 54 days in seedling and veg.
During flower I used the P300 LED and 660w hps.
During the start of week 8 i added the uv-b light.
Next time I will add a T5 HO light to start the seedlings/clones.
You probably guessed that I embrace as many different spectrums as i can to bathe my girls in. Keeps them potent and frosty.
I have tried to rotate the plants between sitting under the LED and HPS so I cant say the doses were "even" although that was my intent.:thumb:

Thanks man, I think I'm gonna try that LED light rotation too. So, when is the plasma light arriving?

Alienpus,
Funny you should mention plasma.... ijk! :thumb:

What time is it??:hmmmm:
It's HARVEST TIME!:party:
Grow timeline: We at the end of the line baby! Day 121 from seed. Day 67 of 11/13.
The day has finally arrived and I decided to take the ladies and bring this wonderful ride to an end.
I haven't watered them in 5+ days.
It's not like they have been drinking, cause the temperatures in my area are below freezing for the last week or so.
As a result these girls have shown me purple leafing throughout the upper canopy buds!:circle-of-love:

Harvest time! Started at 12:15am...ended at 05:19am! A single pair of hands can only move so fast....:helpsmilie:

I waited until the house was quiet and every one in the bed. I decided to bring this harvest indoors and not in the grow area...brrr!!!
The temps in the tent are at 48f-50f with lights out.
I pulled the girls from the tent and placed them in the kitchen where i could be more comfortable.:blunt:

Bud Washing
I decided to wash the buds from mama OG and not the others as the temps are so low. I used aluminum turkey pans to fill with the cold and hot and room temperature water. I used regular baking soda and lemon juice the concentrated kind. This will be my control batch. :cheer:
I am drying in paper bags btw. Curing in mason jars.
I use the tall ones for lawn clippings. I just cut it to the length I need.:thumb:
Then I roll the bags up and place them in the darkend tent. I leave the exhaust fan and circulating fans on only. Room is at 40% humidity and 55f to 70f.
Daily I will open the bags and move the buds around a bit to ensure even drying.
Once they are ready, the meds go into my mason jar with these '62' boveda packs.
boveda_packs.JPG

The girls endured these conditions and rewarded me with wonderful color palette.:kiss:
I started harvesting with my smallest plant Belinda Bc big bud:
belinda_bc_pre_harvest.jpg
belinda_bc_pre_harvest_profile.jpg
belinda_bc_pre_harvest_profile_2.jpg

As I trimmed the fan leaves I really began to get attached to her aroma. She is sativa dominant and has a berry/fruity smell with a citrus hint on the inhale that ends with a skunky twang to my nostrils.:rollit:
I am happy with her bud size after I trimmed the leaf off and got a good look under her dress. The flowers have deep orange hairs in a lime green crystally bed of resinous flowers flecked with purple. :drool:
The bud density was pretty darn good for a low wattage grow. What do you guys think?:Namaste:
After cure I am certain this will be a good bud to enjoy during the day when i want to be active and about.

What did she weigh?
Of course that is the eagerly awaited question.
The answer to my grow as a baseline moving forward.
I took the wet weight and was pleasantly surprised.:thedoubletake:
The total wet weight of the main cola buds came to 240g.
The popcorn buds (some branches still attached) came to 130g to make the total for the BC Big bud at 370g wet. Perhaps I can get a couple ounces dry from her?
If I do get 60gms dry I will be very happy with that.
belinda_bc_wet_weigh_in_popcorn.jpg
belinda_bc_wet_weigh_in.jpg

The other remaining girls are
Mama OG kush:
mama_og_pre_harvest_fade_shot.jpg

From the beginning I thought she would be the high yielder out of the group.
She was the 1st out the shell, the biggest...had the biggest ppm sched etc..etc.
What did she weigh?
She turned out 532gm wet. Including stems.:circle-of-love:
I may be jumping the gun here, but I believe she could be the winner! We shall see! :geek:

Next up to the scale... ms coco og.
She was my coco experiment and I didn't expect her to hang with the other dwc plants in size and growth rate but she has shown me that if you water properly, coco growth can rival DWC. I chose this experiment to see if I could get good yield using coco instead of DWC. If i decide to grow during hot weather, DWC water temps could give me a headache so I did this coco grow to explore warm weather growing options in an LED grow if necessary.
coco_og_pre_harvest_profile1.jpg
coco_og_pre_harvest_profile_top_view1.jpg

What did she weigh?
coco_og_scale_pic.JPG

She came in at 508gm wet with stems. I am pleased with this! :circle-of-love:

Last but certainly not least I give you ms sidechick og.
I call her sc og. :Namaste:
She was interesting to me as she was my test plant for topping/fim.
She was just slightly behind mama og in all areas except bud sites. She has over 22+ bud sites and she had the most even canopy of all.
I was the most aggressive trimming on her during veg and flower.
She was defoliated several times to control the canopy of fan leaves that she makes.
I guess I should take note that ms sc og is the winner of this group in terms of weight! :cheer:
sc_og_scale_pic.JPG
sc_og_scale_pic_2.JPG

What did she weigh?
She came in at a surprising 608 grams wet!
My totals are:
(608g +508g + 532g +370g)
2018g wet.
Not bad for a low wattage grow(P300 LED 185w / 660w hps/mh).
I would be thrilled to wind up with 8 to 10 zips dried.
If someone thinks my yield will be more than that, I would love to hear it. :thanks:

Whats next ?
I will post another update this evening of all the flowers in one pic.
After 2 weeks I will post dried cured pics of the harvest including weights and a smoke report.
After that I will post a 30 day update after cure and provide my last update to this journal.:sorry::rip:

Gotta send a shout out to my crew here at :420: for riding with me on this wonderful journey called cannabis.:surf:
Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback on this grow. I am always learning.:Namaste:
Stage signing out!
:peace:

Looking great Stage. Congrats on the harvest and best buds to ya.

Thx Sub for stopping by! :welcome:
Appreciate the green vibes!

:bravo:Stage! Congratualtions on a beautiful harvest! :)

Thx DrZiggy! I appreciate you riding with me on this one! :Namaste:

Congrats bro :high-five:

Yo Budddyy!
Thx for the salutations my dood!:Namaste:

The aftermath
I'm soo glad we had this tiiime togetherrrr....(In Carol Burnette voice)
Just to have a laff or hit the bong....
Seems we just got started and before you know iiiiiit....
Comes the time we have to say.......:ciao:
plant_carnage.jpg
:partyboy:

What a ride!! The harvest is looking amazing. I can only hope to have these kinds of results. You're gonna be like scrooge mcduck swimming in his vault of buds. I wanna see your dry weight and a smoke report. This shit made my heart beat faster and it ain't even my dro! Good work my dude.

What a ride!! The harvest is looking amazing. I can only hope to have these kinds of results. You're gonna be like scrooge mcduck swimming in his vault of buds. I wanna see your dry weight and a smoke report. This shit made my heart beat faster and it ain't even my dro! Good work my dude.

PakaCordova,
I wont forget to follow up with the smoke report and final weights!:thumb:
I know what its like to watch others grows and be rooting for their success.
Trust and believe my dude, when you unleash that SCROG monsta you got going I will be right there giving ya the :high-five:
Thx for riding with me!:thanks:

Happy MJ Monday my :420: fam!
Today is day 3 of the bag drying process.
Using the lawn bags has so far been great!
The herb still smells like lala and no hay!:laughtwo:
I'm keeping the tent at:
temp_and_humidty.jpg

What is in here?
bag_dry_in_tent_2.jpg
bag_dry_in_tent.jpg

Take a peek:
peek_inside.jpg

Gonna keep em in here for probably another 5 to 7 days, tossing them daily.
I picked up a few more mason jars (6 67oz. size)and two 1gal size.
And I may need more.:thumb:

Yield observations:
This is all conjecture of course, but even counting stems and water weight, 2000g is a bit better than i expected
given I hadn't used a 600w hps/mh or an LED for that matter, before.
cola_shot_in_bag_2.jpg

Wondering if 450g-500g dried is about where I will wind up? A bit over a bow. :Namaste:

Setting the Stage for some great summer nights smoking that stuff, man, that is an awesome harvest!!

So, did you hang them up at all? Our did you cut, trim and bag?

Nice work

Setting the Stage for some great summer nights smoking that stuff, man, that is an awesome harvest!!

So, did you hang them up at all? Our did you cut, trim and bag?

Nice work

petergreen,
No hang. Just cut, quick trim and bag. I'll do a fine trim at 5 -6 days weigh again then jar it w/boveda packs.:thumb:

Just read your journal :goodjob: nice grow bud!

Back
Top Bottom