Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Highya VS,

Awesome on the Nextlight and cooler! They're trying hard to do business!! I'm going to miss the Jelly Wifi!! She is looking so frosty, and delicious!! Looking forward to your next cut flowering out!! Happy Smokin

Holy frosting Batman, gorgeous plant!

Van what routine do you use for IPM? :hmmmm:

I do three basic things for my IPM Dynamo.

I do sulfur burns on a bi weekly basis. This is for three basic defenses. The first one is that it helps prevent PM from getting a foothold in the garden. The sulfur particles will coat the leaves and change the surface pH of the leaves and IF any spores were to land on the leaf, they won't be able to survive. The sulfur burns also help protect against hemp russet mites and spider mites. It isn't used to treat a full on infestation (though it works excellent at treating hemp russet mites) and won't work on a spider mite infestation. Once the spider mites have a full on presence, you will need to spray.

Second thing I do in my garden is to do a full systemic treatment with SNS-209 from @Sierra Natural Science . Its essentially a treatment that uses rosemary extract that gets watered in weekly. Again, its not used to treat an infestation but to deter anything from wanting to take hold on that plant. Same principle as the sulfur treatment, if a pest lands on the plant it will start trying to eat the plant leaf and if it gets through the surface pH of the leaf from the sulfur treatment, it will take a bit out of the leaf and taste that rosemary extract and decide it really doesn't like its new home.

Last thing I do as part of my IPM Is a foliar spray. I have adopted this part as a result of bringing aphids in when I harvested the outdoor plants. So about every week or two, I will do a set of sprayings. There will be a spraying with Safers Insect Soap followed by a rinse spraying with water and silica. The silica acts again as another potential protective barrier by coating the leaves with another coating that insects aren't particularly fond of.

One more thing, though I don't really consider it part of the IPM, is the use of yellow stickies for fungus gnats. Winter grows will ALWAYS get fungus gnats here where I live so I use them as an indicator as to when I am seeing them. I Have box fans blowing on high in my tents so its not easy for them to fly around but it helps keep their presence at a minimum. The SNS-209 lists fungus gnats as a species it helps against, so hopefully between the strong air movement, the SNS-209 and the yellow stickies....we have pretty decent protection from the fungus gnats.

The three things together act as a very good routine against the most common things I encounter. Cheers bud!!

Highya VS,

Awesome on the Nextlight and cooler! They're trying hard to do business!! I'm going to miss the Jelly Wifi!! She is looking so frosty, and delicious!! Looking forward to your next cut flowering out!! Happy Smokin

Well the Jelly Wifi isn't gone....I have a cut of her going through a reveg, so she will be back!! I also have another Jelly Wifi on day 39 of flower. I'll grab pics tonight I hope! Cheers bud! Thanks for swinging through! :passitleft:
Hey there Stank! Congratulations on all those beautiful harvests! So frosty :drool: congrats on the JOTM too! Lots o goodies to see here.:high-five:
Hey there HH!! :high-five::passitleft: Thank you and good to see ya!! Chopping the BCP tomorrow so we will have more harvest pics real soon. She smells so freaking good!
That is great customer service. Also that jelly wifi is absolutely FROSTastic!!
:thanks: Ozark!! She was definitely a looker huh! Can't wait to give her a try!!
Holy frosting Batman, gorgeous plant!
Hey DeeCee!! Nice to see ya and thank you kindly! She was a breeze to work with!
Great customer service, great prize, great frost, and great purple leaves. I'd say it was a great start to the weekend.
:welldone:
Indeed brother!! Hope your weekend was a great one Shed! We spent a lot of it in the snow, and we're getting another bout right now! Almost time to shovel again!

Weekend was great except for 5 hours of annoying trimming (Durban Poison PITA) and frickin' Tom Brady :).

Use the good shovel!
I know what you mean about PITA trimming. I have started going to hippie trimming on those plants. I figure if they are good, I will gladly smoke most of the untrimmed stuff...and I can trim the rest as needed.

Flower Tent 2 Update

I took these pics a couple days ago but had my butt kicked by harvests and shoveling so i took a day to recover. Tent will need a full watering tomorrow.

We can see the little Gelato in the 1 gallon pot there in the middle....such a cutie huh?

Alright, starting from the back left we have Blue Dream, Green Crack (Back Right), Gelato (Middle), Stankberry (Front Right), and BCP (Front Left)

Blue Dream (Clone) - HSO - Flip Day 17

Green Crack (Clone) - HSO - Flip Day 17

Gelato (Clone) - Black Skull Seeds - Flip Day 4

Stankberry (Clone) - Stank Genetics - Flip Day 8

Black Cherry Punch (Clone) - In-House Genetics - Flip Day 8

Once the plants are all done with the stretch, I will start adjusting pot levels to bring the canopy up to peak height.

Oh good, another BCP I can oogle!
The other one in flower Tent 1 is coming down tonight....day 70 or 71. Its one strain that I don't mind harvesting....even though Neiko's cut is a bit on the tougher side to trim than I like. Even after 5 or so harvests on her, I still find myself babbling about "Oh my god, this smells so freaking good" the entire time I am chopping on her. But she's so frosty that I don't really trim a whole lot off her LOL! Perhaps I will grow another one from seed and see how it turns out. I'd like to find one with the same smells and highs but that is a lot easier to trim!

So I was having a conversation with a grow buddy (grows out of bottles) and I was talking soil energy. I could see the look on his face as we were talking and I knew he was skeptical at best or just completely lost. I was trying to describe energy in soil and doing that without pictures is very tough.

Well low and behold, I went down into the downstairs 2x4 where I have the sponsored grow to check on the girls and I captured what I would describe as perfectly as possible what "loss of soil energy" looks like. These plants were watered yesterday so for anyone thinking that the posture is from the wet feet, nope, she had several hours yesterday as well as overnight to bounce back. What we are seeing here is exactly what I am describing when I talk of soil losing its energy and when I would look at either hitting with hydrolyzed fish fert or some sort of top dressing. Its not to feed the plant, the plant isn't showing any deficiencies, but its to feed the herd and get the energy of the soil ramped back up.

I expect this sort of thing to happen in small pots (these are in half gallon pots) and its common to happen after 30 plus days and going through 2 full wet to dry cycles. The next watering I do on these will likely include a veg top dressing or brew an ACT. ACTs (Aerated Compost Teas) are excellent ways of ramping up your soil energy.

I haven't looked at the roots on any of these plants yet, and I won't for another wet to dry cycle. That will be when I make my determination on if these are ready to up pot or give another wet to dry water cycle before evaluating again.

On a side note, the mail man stopped by with a delivery. NextLight hooked me up again after we talked last time regarding the overdue November POTM prize. This time he called back and said he saw I was getting another Core, and asked if I would be interested in a different light. Hmmm....what do you have I asked? He told me that they had the Veg 8, which is the same wattage as the Core but its set up specifically for a 2'x4' space. Well, sign me up I said.

Low and behold, the Veg 8 showed up today.

One of the other features I love about this light is the toggle switch you can see on the second picture. It allows you to switch the wattage down to 60 watts from the 190 watts for when you are starting seedlings or rooting clones. I try to conserve wattage every chance I get and that option is awesome in my opinion. I got her hung in the downstairs veg tent (over the plants in the above pictures) and got it up and running and she is a beauty. Its the absolute perfect fit for that growing space! Excellent coverage and looks......excellent job again @NextLight .

Well I am finally caught up on all your journals. What a ride you have been through. I started reading your 2017 journal mid December. It has taken me a whole flower cycle to get theu them all. Lol. I just want to say that you are extremely informative with everything you do. You always take the time to answer everyone's questions, no matter how many times you have repeated yourself. I commend you from where you started with the kind spikes to where you are today. Bravo!! Your soil, now cooked in warmer temps, have really done you justice. I am so looking forward to cooking up a batch. I will not miss flushing plants, guessing nutes, and always dealing with deficiencies issues. To hold me over until I cook up your receipe, I picked up 50 lbs of kindsoil, just so I can get used to the waterings. Sorry to keep rambling. Looking g forward to seeing what your new light can do.

That light is a beauty Van Stank. The name is throwing me off so here is my dumb question of the day......can you use it through the entire grow? I’ve got two lights in my 2x4 (which is helpful when I’ve got different sized plants in there.....usually autos :straightface:), but an one light to fit the tent would be amazing for a big ole photo plant grow in there! Congrats on NextLight being so cool! :high-five:

That light is a beauty Van Stank. The name is throwing me off so here is my dumb question of the day......can you use it through the entire grow? I’ve got two lights in my 2x4 (which is helpful when I’ve got different sized plants in there.....usually autos :straightface:), but an one light to fit the tent would be amazing for a big ole photo plant grow in there! Congrats on NextLight being so cool! :high-five:
I can't really say Boo, I would have to take a better look at the spectrum in order to answer that and even then I don't think they have the k rating listed on their site/product. I have no intention of flowering out under it....she is strictly a veg tent/light so that light is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom