Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Spent the day watching the snow as I harvested the Garlic Sherbert. Puffed on a some of the Sour Cherries....seemed fitting :ganjamon: Did take a few pics of her as she came down and figured that I would share them with you all before I went to bed. She ended up going either 74 or 75 days total in flower. She definitely densed up a bit after the 65 day mark. This is one where I think letting her go the extra 9 or 10 days has paid off. She got much greasier during that last 9 or 10 days as well. I would definitely recommend letting that one go a bit longer for better results.

Puffed on a some of the Sour Cherries....seemed fitting :ganjamon:
Absolutely so - such a fine plant. Really happy for your journal win as well :thumb: - always been worthy!:nomo:
Thank you Van for the knowledge and nuances of your growing, very appreciated.:thanks:
what he said - took some screenshots ;)

and thank you Amy "fecund" is a new word to me. :thumb:
I was happy the day it was a new word for me too! :D
doing stuff and we don't even know why.

:thumb:

Highya VS,

I'm in awe of your grows. Everything you grow seems so full and gorgeous. You've been growing for a long time? Oh, and congratulations on your journal win. Happy Smokin'

Moral of the story.....keep your eyes peeled! Stuff can happen fast. If you see something that doesn't look NORMAL, investigate!!

Bump to say this again. Whilst cleaning last grow I accidentally pushed in 1.5 hours of light on my timer during the dark period. I wondered and waited too long before full re veg took over. Arghh. . . Again.... "If you see something that doesn't look NORMAL, investigate!!" inside and outside!

Not to mention, it is a very good idea to CLEAN your tents on a monthly basis. If you keep your tent clean, your grows go much better.

Thank you kindest. I do this because of you. I find it therapeutic actually, I clean slowy over time as I go. feels good to have a clean floor and walls wiped down. Fans and air inlets all sorts of dirty stuff.
Still I get cat hairs, lil farts they are.........:eek:

Good Show Stank......This is why I stop by good motivation for this lazy grower, thank you again :Namaste:

Looking forward to you smoke reports, as always, cheers

Morning 420. We got lambasted last night with the storm and its time to go get stuff cleared. Its days like this that I wished my snow blower worked, instead I will be relying on Stank stoner power, powered by pot, to clear this 15" of snow. Dogs are going to have a grand time.....me not so much lol. See you all back here when I'm done!

Make sure you shovel it onto your own property. :eek:
LOL, that is not an issue here my friend. I have no real neighbors and we abut wetland conservation area. I'm lucky if I see three cars drive down our gravel road in a day.

See stuff like that is why I like living where I live brother! I'd much rather be in a place where I run into something like this dead porcupine (probably the one that Luna kept running on up at night and kept turning her into a pin cushion) that was attacked by one of the local fisher cats. Fisher cats are really the only known predator to porcupines.

All done with the shoveling and Stank is a hurting fella. All in all, it was about 4 hours of good shoveling and I feel every minute of it now. Cooper had a freaking blast playing in it and he's a happy camper now.

View media item 1813548
I swear that guy is something else. Luna is still outside playing in the snow. I can't trust Cooper to stay on the property so he can't be left out without any supervision and he has to come inside. He's getting so damn big.....closing in on 100 lbs for a lab. Thought that the crate we bought for him as a puppy would be fine since it was for large dogs, but he's getting close to outgrowing it. He's so damn cute when he sleeps. Every night he is in some variance of this position LOL.

View media item 1813554

Damn those fishers must be one tough cookie to tackle a porcupine :eek:. And now there's less chance you'll be picking quills out of your puppy's nose!
I've been wondering if it was the one that got her the last few times. Hasn't happened in a while so it very well could be.

It's funny, I've see porcupine in wilds of Africa walking without worry in the world with lions around that would live to eat them, but won't dare try. But a 30 lb ferret cousin won't hesitate to attack them lol and win most every time. Bad ass weasels lol. I've seen lots of pics of them with quills stuck in their faces.

Hey guys! :ciao:

Hope everyone is hanging in there and doing well. I had some pictures from some up potting I did last night I wanted to share yesterday but that just wasn't going to happen after the day of snow removal. Ms Stank woke me up off the couch at about 3am LOL. We'll go ahead and post those today.

I have had these clones of plants I have recently harvested, going in their solo cups for the better part of 50 days. Some of them are starting to show signs of deficiencies and I needed to get them in some fresh soil, but I don't want them growing too much in the next month. I had what equates to about half gallon pots that I put them into.

When growing a perpetual the way I do, the likely biggest challenge most people are going to face is keeping clones manageable while waiting for their spot within the rotation. Its very easy for clones to get too big too fast. The solo cup is the easiest way for me to keep them manageable for a month or longer. Generally I only keep them in the solos for 30 days or so but I wanted to try to push it as much as I can without adding any amendments. Seems that 45-50 is the top end I can achieve.

That got me thinking about flowering out in smaller pots again. We were having a discussion on smaller pots and organic growing over at @bobrown14 thread and there is a grower that is limited to flowering in 1 gallon pots due to stealth issues. Made me wonder if I could pull off flowering a plant in my Stank Soil in a 1 gallon pot and what approach would I need to take to likely get me as close as possible to the finish line. The wheels were churning and that's led me to want to give it whirl. I want to try it for a couple reasons....one being that "they" say it can't be done, and two being that I always love a new challenge.

My plan will be to take a cut of something and grow it in the solo cup for a month to maximize the root volume in that cup before transplanting to a square 1 gallon pot, giving it 5 days to get its roots going in the new pot and then flipping. I have a feeling that the constant watering will likely be the biggest pain in this evolution. Stay tuned...I will be trying to pick the strain or strains where I want to try this. I will likely try it with two or three different strains to see what sort of variation I see in this experiment. I will stick to strains that have reasonable flowering times (under 70 days).

This is what my clones were looking like after the 45 days in their solo cups. Definitely running out of energy and room in those small containers. If I was inclined to continue trying to grow them in the solo cups, I would need to top dress small amounts of amendments on water days or every other water day.

MOB #1 (Electric Stoner Cut)

MOB #2 (Electric Stoner Cut)

BCP (Neiko Cut)

I also up potted a Triple OG clone that I didn't get any pics of due to phone dying on me. Three of the four will be flowered out, while the extra MOB will be reversed for seeds and some crosses that I would like to try this year. I've gotten my hands on some pretty good genetics over the last couple years and its time to see what we can create with them.

I've got some watering to do in the veg tent today, and one more round of spraying to do. I am really hoping that this will be one of, if not the last round of spraying that I HAVE to do and then I can switch to spraying once couple weeks as part of my IPM. Much better to be preventative than to have to treat.

That got me thinking about flowering out in smaller pots again. We were having a discussion on smaller pots and organic growing over at @bobrown14 thread and there is a grower that is limited to flowering in 1 gallon pots due to stealth issues. Made me wonder if I could pull off flowering a plant in my Stank Soil in a 1 gallon pot and what approach would I need to take to likely get me as close as possible to the finish line. The wheels were churning and that's led me to want to give it whirl. I want to try it for a couple reasons....one being that "they" say it can't be done, and two being that I always love a new challenge.
Yes, yes, yes. I've been thinking about this more and more the last few days. First I need to educate myself more about making and maintaining a living soil. I know some basics but want to get a much better understanding before I start buying things and putting it all together. I'd love to see how it goes for you with your soil. As Arnie said, 'forget the naysayers'.

That sounds like a great project to really see how far you can push that amazing soil! @DeeCee112 is also working on growing organic in small (3g) pots so your experiment is timely!

One of your pics I used to post a lot in the old days when someone mentioned growing in a solo cup was this:
full

o_O

Great looking journal Stank- I wish I had more time to sub more - I barely have enough time for even my own.

Fisher cats are really the only known predator to porcupines.

No fishers right here where I am now but plenty in some places I grew up, as well as wolverines, marten, and weasels (and porkys)

Every member of the weasel family is strong and tough and quirky as hell, and most anyone I know who grew up in the bush and had to deal with them has lots of crazy stories.
One of my earliest weasel experiences was when I was just a little kid and I woke up in the middle of the night to a bunch of crashing and thumping. This was up in the Yukon. A little ermine had jumped up on the counter and dragged an entire large roast out of the pan, on to the floor and across in a greasy trail to where it had a little hole in the cabin wall and was frantically trying to pull the roast in- making this ‘thump thump thump’ sound as it slammed against the wall. The roast looked like 100 times the size of that weasel and there was no way in hell that it was going to fit but it sure got points for trying.

The marten in our yard in some of those places were pretty ‘tame’, or at least very bold, and would always be out there frolicking around tunneling in the snow and raiding the bird feeder. We had a sport when I was a kid where my brother and I would ‘fish for marten’ out the window with a little bit of meat on the end of a string. We’d cast it out there and three or four marten would squabble over it and try to latch on. We could drag them all the way back to the window and dangle them in mid air while they growled their bloodcurdling growls the whole time. Good sport for a kid! No doubt we could’ve brought them right in the house if we dared.

Hunting I’ve had marten come right up and start attempting to drag my deer away from me, growling like demons. Like- ‘Excuse me buddy but that’s my deer and it’s a bit big for you!’

But there are endless stories about those little devils especially with the wolverines which used to play hell with the trap lines up north and are incredibly smart and crafty. Also fond of breaking into your cabin while you are away, devastating the place and pissing on everything. Ask me how I know. Ha ha.

Nice plants by the way :D

That sounds like a great project to really see how far you can push that amazing soil! @DeeCee112 is also working on growing organic in small (3g) pots so your experiment is timely!

One of your pics I used to post a lot in the old days when someone mentioned growing in a solo cup was this:
full

o_O
Ah Yes!! I remember that plant! Yielded pretty well when I finally grew it out but I was able to keep it in the stable, eating up very little space or resources for quite a while. I can't remember how long I milked that plant. She had some roots on her though huh! That was a really good batch of soil if I remember correctly, it was the following cook in the basement where things went south so fast. Ah the lessons we get to learn in life huh.

Back
Top Bottom