Starting with coco: how to pre-wet?

Did you wash your Coco ? You need to wash it with 5.8 pH water till the run off water comes back at 5.8 pH. Even though your bag says double washed it still isn't washed enough. After that I usually pre-charge with nutes before planting or transplanting.

Did you wash your Coco ? You need to wash it with 5.8 pH water till the run off water comes back at 5.8 pH. Even though your bag says double washed it still isn't washed enough. After that I usually pre-charge with nutes before planting or transplanting.
No I haven't washed it yet. How do you do it and what nutes do I pre-charge it with. Thanks

I did a whole bag at 1 time so I used a large storage bin & drilled about 100 holes in the bottom.
Then pH'd 5 gallon buckets of water to 5.8. It took me about 10 buckets full to get it right. I did it in my driveway since it slopes down to the street & the water that drained out went there.
Then I let it sit over night & added the week 1 Nutes the next day. Whatever your nute label says or you can look up a feeding chart for your nutes to see what to give them. Just feed that at 5.8 pH till you get run off. Leave it sit over night & you are good to go.
I hope you have some kind of automatic feeding system. There is no watering with Coco. It's Nutes every time & they get fed often.If you can feed 3 times a day you will get awesome plants. That's about 16 oz. per plant 3 times per day. You can not over water Coco. The more often you feed the better.

I run Canna Coco Pro +, all I ever do is out up with it and once an hour or two has passed I give it a light watering.

Never washed it to this day and never had a problem.
What do you mean by out up with it. Just fluf it up and pot it yea? Do you add nutes to first wetting?

I get the stuff wet in a large tote and then fill up my Airpot.
I then run it under tap water till the runoff is coming out clear.
Then I run phed 5.8 tap water with Calmag through it
Easy Peasy
Do you know your Tap Waters pH ? You may already be close to the correct pH right out of the Tap & his may be much higher. This varies all over the country so that needs to be accounted for also. If using RO water you pretty much know you're at 7.0 pH. Other than that pH & ppm will vary.

Do you know your Tap Waters pH ? You may already be close to the correct pH right out of the Tap & his may be much higher. This varies all over the country so that needs to be accounted for also. If using RO water you pretty much know you're at 7.0 pH. Other than that pH & ppm will vary.
I use tap water left out for a day or 2.ph is usually about 7

I get the stuff wet in a large tote and then fill up my Airpot.
I then run it under tap water till the runoff is coming out clear.
Then I run phed 5.8 tap water with Calmag through it
Easy Peasy
Do you put full dose calmag in and just till you see runoff yea

You will need Cal Mag with Coco for sure. I added it to every feeding. Coco uses it up faster than soil.
Got calmag anyway. Ordered the canna a and b also going to be getting the rhizotone. I usually use soil and have dyno foliage and bloom and density power boost Pro and density calmag and vitalink pk

Back
Top Bottom