Steppenwolf's High Brix Grow

Mr. Wolf sorry it took me so long! Good Weed to you and those buds are looking fantastic +reps I am moving sunday. Which means I can now have a separate veg room! Bad thing is I lose internet and got to walk 2 miles to library. 4 miles round trip better than 20 lol! Worm Tea is working some kinda magic, when you get time come take a look. Thanks wolf for everything.

Flush the hell out of them a couple days before harvest, because you want to wash all that Cat drench OUT of the medium.

I was thinking about this the other nite:

With properly set up HIgh Brix soil, these products, the sprays, drenches, amendments....they're like seasonings in cooking, or colors in painting. One little change here or there and the plants respond like crazy!

Keep experimenting, and when you discover something let us all know. This is how the kits keep getting better and better.....and of course the product.

Have you "cold cocked" anyone with high brix weed yet? You know, shared it with someone who knows lots about smoking but nothing about growing? Please share....

I'll definitely be sharing as I get more comfortBle and experiment more. Everyone that has tried the high brix weed loves it. The reports are that it's my best ever. Dispensaries are loving it too. I am looking for those strains that do really well in high brix that blow you away. I have a couple contenders I think.

Hey, Steppenwolf, have you seen Mainebud's Great White Shark harvest yet?

12 Plant Scrog

Mighty nice.

Oh yeah. I followed maines journal. The only reason that plant stayed around is because of maines advice and how well he did with the strain. He loved that strain.

Breathtaking Steppen, everything from your seedlings all the way to your chunky GWS! That GWS really put on some weight from your last batch of photos. Has she been eating elephant seals or what!? +reps
;)

Thanks rain! I Appreciate it very much. It's been a fun grow. The GWS is starting to purpleon the edges of leaves so I think that one might be around a while.

Mr. Wolf sorry it took me so long! Good Weed to you and those buds are looking fantastic +reps I am moving sunday. Which means I can now have a separate veg room! Bad thing is I lose internet and got to walk 2 miles to library. 4 miles round trip better than 20 lol! Worm Tea is working some kinda magic, when you get time come take a look. Thanks wolf for everything.

Good to see you back! I Am glad you like that worm tea. That stuff is pretty awesome. And a seperate veg space will be great. I will get subbed up to your journal again.

I started harvesting the tangerines. I noticed a little bit of PM on the lower branches, so down they come. I am about half done so far and doing a couple hours a night. I took some pics and you guys will laugh. The tops buds are insane. I think the supercropping was beneficial and added some weight. Pics soon.

I'll definitely be sharing as I get more comfortBle and experiment more. Everyone that has tried the high brix weed loves it. The reports are that it's my best ever. Dispensaries are loving it too. I am looking for those strains that do really well in high brix that blow you away. I have a couple contenders I think.

Oh yeah. I followed maines journal. The only reason that plant stayed around is because of maines advice and how well he did with the strain. He loved that strain.

Thanks rain! I Appreciate it very much. It's been a fun grow. The GWS is starting to purpleon the edges of leaves so I think that one might be around a while.

Good to see you back! I Am glad you like that worm tea. That stuff is pretty awesome. And a seperate veg space will be great. I will get subbed up to your journal again.

I started harvesting the tangerines. I noticed a little bit of PM on the lower branches, so down they come. I am about half done so far and doing a couple hours a night. I took some pics and you guys will laugh. The tops buds are insane. I think the supercropping was beneficial and added some weight. Pics soon.

We've got to fix your PM problem! PM (no pun intended) me when you get a chance, please! I was given two new products to test awhile back and one of them might help you out.

Got the PM Doc! Thanks again.

Well, I am almost done harvesting the Tangerines, they are about 90% done. I whacked the Great White Shark last night. I am very impressed with everything this round. I smoked a little bud off the Tangerines that was barely dry. That shit may be even stronger than last time. It felt like my face was moving, lol.

I am going to have the Tangerines and GWS sent out for testing to see what they run. Thatll be pretty cool.

Biggest Tangerine top cola. The laptop has a 17" screen for reference.
DSCF17901.JPG

Close up
DSCF17914.JPG

DSCF17922.JPG

GWS pile of buds
DSCF17931.JPG

DSCF17943.JPG

The GWS started purpling in the last week. Day temps were mid 70's and night temps were about 70.
DSCF17953.JPG

DSCF17965.JPG

DSCF17972.JPG

DSCF17984.JPG

The GWS really put on weight in the last week.
DSCF18011.JPG

DSCF18022.JPG

DSCF18031.JPG

DSCF18041.JPG

DSCF18052.JPG

Next round is getting flowered in the tent. 2 GWS on the left. 2 Tangerines (1 new seeded plant and 1 clone of the last stuff) in the middle, and 2 laughing buddah ( 1 new seeded plant and 1 clone of the last stuff). Everything has been topped/UBT'd/pinched. I will be putting a 600 HPS in there (completely sterilized of course). I should be looking at a jungle in the next couple weeks. I want to flower pretty soon. Everything just got sprayed with stress, thats why the leaves look a little curled/droopy.
GWS
DSCF18063.JPG

Tangerines
DSCF18072.JPG

New seeded laughing buddah, this one seems to look like the small laughing buddah last round. Huge leaves, perfect structure.
DSCF18082.JPG

DSCF18091.JPG

Oh, and I used DocBud's bud washing technique, and because the GWS was purlping, I added Curso's hot water dip as well to bring out some more color. I couldn't tell a difference yet, but it couldn't have hurt. The shit I learn from this site is awesome.

Well I managed to kill all 40 seeds , maybe the heat 100 + afternoons, maybe the soil mix, aged horse manure, chicken shit, wood ash , sandy loam, bagged compost was too much, and then little tiny ants went and finished off any life. Boo freaking hoo.

I am putting maters in the same peat pots to see if they make it. Bummer.

Got the PM Doc! Thanks again.

Well, I am almost done harvesting the Tangerines, they are about 90% done. I whacked the Great White Shark last night. I am very impressed with everything this round. I smoked a little bud off the Tangerines that was barely dry. That shit may be even stronger than last time. It felt like my face was moving, lol.

I am going to have the Tangerines and GWS sent out for testing to see what they run. Thatll be pretty cool.

Biggest Tangerine top cola. The laptop has a 17" screen for reference.
DSCF17901.JPG

Close up
DSCF17914.JPG

DSCF17922.JPG

GWS pile of buds
DSCF17931.JPG

DSCF17943.JPG

The GWS started purpling in the last week. Day temps were mid 70's and night temps were about 70.
DSCF17953.JPG

DSCF17965.JPG

DSCF17972.JPG

DSCF17984.JPG

The GWS really put on weight in the last week.
DSCF18011.JPG

DSCF18022.JPG

DSCF18031.JPG

DSCF18041.JPG

DSCF18052.JPG

Next round is getting flowered in the tent. 2 GWS on the left. 2 Tangerines (1 new seeded plant and 1 clone of the last stuff) in the middle, and 2 laughing buddah ( 1 new seeded plant and 1 clone of the last stuff). Everything has been topped/UBT'd/pinched. I will be putting a 600 HPS in there (completely sterilized of course). I should be looking at a jungle in the next couple weeks. I want to flower pretty soon. Everything just got sprayed with stress, thats why the leaves look a little curled/droopy.
GWS
DSCF18063.JPG

Tangerines
DSCF18072.JPG

New seeded laughing buddah, this one seems to look like the small laughing buddah last round. Huge leaves, perfect structure.
DSCF18082.JPG

DSCF18091.JPG

Man , that's impressive color . job well done.

Well I managed to kill all 40 seeds , maybe the heat 100 + afternoons, maybe the soil mix, aged horse manure, chicken shit, wood ash , sandy loam, bagged compost was too much, and then little tiny ants went and finished off any life. Boo freaking hoo.

I am putting maters in the same peat pots to see if they make it. Bummer.

what? Unacceptable!

We can help! Your soil mix was way too hot for starters.....

Temp or fertility or both? I found the last 3-4 seeds in my kitbox and have wet paper toweled them for sandy loam only placement manana. Bonehead rookie move on the 40. Smart half of brain was saying go get some nice potting soil, but dumb side had a better idea. The definition of a shortcut is the longest distance between 2 points.

Temp or fertility or both? I found the last 3-4 seeds in my kitbox and have wet paper toweled them for sandy loam only placement manana. Bonehead rookie move on the 40. Smart half of brain was saying go get some nice potting soil, but dumb side had a better idea. The definition of a shortcut is the longest distance between 2 points.

Fertility. The plants will grow in heat, just not very well.

The best "rookie" move you can make is to use Osmocote Plus in a decent potting soil. You'll harvest grade A bud.

I'll check it out and go to the store. had them open up and all from soaking so I know they were viable. What depth do you rec.?

1. Never soak seeds till they open. I usually soak for 12 hours on old seeds, and not at all for fresh ones.
2. 1/4 inch deep is fine, 1/2 will work.
3. Do not sprout in a paper towell or any other such thing. Put them in dirt. Gently spray the top of the soil once every now and then to make sure it's moist.

I have close to 100% success with this simple method.

Thanks. I have had great success in years past by hook and crook. It just chafed me to lose that batch. It was so much easier growing things in NY , we had 9.5 footers hitting the gutters when I was 15 and we had no idea what we were doing. Here in TX everything is against plants esp. the gov.

Thanks. I have had great success in years past by hook and crook. It just chafed me to lose that batch. It was so much easier growing things in NY , we had 9.5 footers hitting the gutters when I was 15 and we had no idea what we were doing. Here in TX everything is against plants esp. the gov.

You might consider some shade cloth....something that lets in 70-80% of the light. Large pots (25gal+) are a must.

I'd fill a 30 gallon pot with Fox Farms Ocean Forest, sprinkle a half cup of Osmocote Plus on top and be done with it! After the seeds sprout and grow, that is.

Congratulations on an amazing harvest Steppen! The new grow is looking tip top as well. I really like how that LB is reaching straight up. +reps friend.
Fertility. The plants will grow in heat, just not very well.

The best "rookie" move you can make is to use Osmocote Plus in a decent potting soil. You'll harvest grade A bud.

Scotts does not make OC+ anymore. I wanted to use it when I first started as well. After some research I found that Dynamite Red is a good alternative.

Back
Top Bottom