Steppenwolf's High Brix Grow

Things are looking awesome out my way. I am very happy with how things look. I sprayed the insect/PM spray as a preventative today. No new signs of PM since killing the Critical Kush's. These plants are ridiculously frosty already. Significantly better than the last round.

I staked the main tops of the Tangerines that were supercropped. This let them heal a bit faster without having to hold their own weight. They are forming nice knuckles now. These Tangerines smell like candy. Thats the closest thing I can describe it to.
DSCF17041.JPG

DSCF1705.JPG

DSCF17061.JPG

This top looks awesome (except for the cooked leaves from being too close to the light). All the smaller buds turned up vertical.
DSCF1708.JPG

Liberty Haze. Not too impressed so far. Might get culled. Leaves are dull and it seems just ok.
DSCF1709.JPG

Tikals. showing some promise. Dark waxy leaves and good structure.
DSCF17101.JPG

DSCF17111.JPG

The Great White Shark. This plant looks insane. This may be the frostiest plant I have ever grown and this is only week 4? Buds seem to be exploding. Huge dark waxy leaves. Brix seems to be highest in this plant and the Tangerines.
DSCF1712.JPG

GWS. This plant has a strong candy/fuel smell. I am loving the fact that everything looks and smells so different!
DSCF1713.JPG

I supercropped the top of the GWS as well.
DSCF1716.JPG

Laughing Buddah clone. This plant is a lot frostier than last time and the buds look better. I might have to let this one go a long time..
DSCF1714.JPG

DSCF1715.JPG

LB
DSCF1718.JPG

Tangerines
DSCF1721.JPG

The next crop coming up
Laughing Buddah from seed. She looks magical already. Tangerine from seed in the back
DSCF17221.JPG

Tikal clones
DSCF1723.JPG

GWS clones. These things grow very fast. I am hoping this plant is a keeper.
DSCF1724.JPG

LB and Tangerine clone
DSCF1725.JPG

Things are looking up! I have upped the feeding in all plants a little to stay ahead of any yellowing of the leaves. Everything seems to be loving it. I am doing feed/water/feed, and feeding 10 mL of either energy or transplant or cat drench per gallon with a little tea as well. (Following the "how to use the kit" directions for timing and everything else)

All my plants end up needing something at different times, so I had to go with an individual plant feeding schedule. I track each plant in a log book to make sure I know what has had what. It seems to be working extremely well.

10 mil per gallon....great info!

You're doing a fantastic job bro. Isn't it cool how the high brix plants get frosty like that? Totally different than other methods.

I've use the Bug and Pest twice now. Let me warn you that it can leave some round, white spots as it evaporates. Don't freak out and think you've got more PM...it might just be the spray residue.

Thanks Doc! I really appreciate it. I did want to post what I had been feeding as info to you and everyone else. I am hoping it is going to work out and I think it will.

Yeah that bug spray already freaked me out lol. I was staring at that Great White Shark for about 15 min a couple days ago. I thought she "might" have the PM. I just wasnt sure, though. I came back in there today and there was no change in her, and what I was seeing was those residue areas. Good call Doc!

I cant believe how different the HB plants look and smell. Its amazing.

Things are looking up! I have upped the feeding in all plants a little to stay ahead of any yellowing of the leaves. Everything seems to be loving it. I am doing feed/water/feed, and feeding 10 mL of either energy or transplant or cat drench per gallon with a little tea as well. (Following the "how to use the kit" directions for timing and everything else)

All my plants end up needing something at different times, so I had to go with an individual plant feeding schedule. I track each plant in a log book to make sure I know what has had what. It seems to be working extremely well.

Is that 10 ml per plant as well, or do you distribute the gallon among many plants? I calculated 2 ml per 6-gallon plant, working from Doc's directions - twelve 7-gallon plants per 32 sq ft (4x8).

Thanks Doc! I really appreciate it. I did want to post what I had been feeding as info to you and everyone else. I am hoping it is going to work out and I think it will.

Yeah that bug spray already freaked me out lol. I was staring at that Great White Shark for about 15 min a couple days ago. I thought she "might" have the PM. I just wasnt sure, though. I came back in there today and there was no change in her, and what I was seeing was those residue areas. Good call Doc!

I cant believe how different the HB plants look and smell. Its amazing.

Yep, when the soil is balanced-----need a lab for that. Guesswork won't produce consistent results.----the plants do things they don't normally do! Like frost up like that....stiffer stems, better phototropism, resistence to mites and diseases, etc.

The most interesting thing I've found is that hybrids tend to express their Sativa characteristics more.....and the terpene profile is much more complex. Sometimes it takes getting used to....they can smell so floral and lovely.

And we all know about the effect. It's such a pleasure smoking HB weed....even if it's just for the taste!

Steppenwolf, things are looking amazing! That GW looks like a snowman! The Liberty Haze looks so pretty, I love the leaves, I vote to give her a chance! Maybe she will surprise you. You and Doc are veteran cullers, I don't have that culler instinct yet ;) Repps for the Great White snowman!

Thanks Rain Stacks. I appreciate it, man. I am giving the liberty haze 4-6 weeks to show me her stuff. I may be surprised by her, you never know, I have 3 different Liberty Hazes flowering now that were all from seed, so there may be a keeper in there. I picked up the tendancy to cull problem plants from Doc and Curso. They are better than me at growing, so I follow their lead. I am searching for somethng amazing, so I guess i will know it when I see it, lol. I was pretty damn happy with the laughing buddahs last grow.

Steppen...Man...Those all look fan-fucking-tastic. I like feeding plants individually too.

Thanks Curso! Individual feeding works for me man.

Is that 10 ml per plant as well, or do you distribute the gallon among many plants? I calculated 2 ml per 6-gallon plant, working from Doc's directions - twelve 7-gallon plants per 32 sq ft (4x8).

Graytail. I am feeding that 10mL per gallon per plant. When I first did the math I used one ounce feed per 6 large plants. This works out to 5 mL per plant and a little tea when doing it individually. I may have done that wrong, I dont know. I do know that I was doing feed/water/water and the plants just needed a bit more. Part of the problem was I was always feeding or watering at 1.5 gals per plant per time. This would be feed 1.5 gals, wait 5 days to dry out, water 1.5 gals, wait 5 days, water 1.5 gals, wait 5 days, feed. Doc addressed this in the updated instructions to water a little less amount between feedings.

I will add that in my garden, upping the feedings seem to be working great. I'd suggest following the directions in the kit exactly for everyone else, especially if it is your first time using the kit. I have already grown these exact plants before and that is why I am making a few changes this round.

Beautiful buds Wolf!!!! Good Weed to you!!! I was unaware you coud still supercrop during flower, good to know!

Now that you mention it, I think I had read to not supercrop during flower. Good thing I forgot that and did it anyway, lol. I cant remember who said that or why, but I dont see why you couldnt do it. I dont think id do it in late flower. No real reason to.

Yep, when the soil is balanced-----need a lab for that. Guesswork won't produce consistent results.----the plants do things they don't normally do! Like frost up like that....stiffer stems, better phototropism, resistence to mites and diseases, etc.

The most interesting thing I've found is that hybrids tend to express their Sativa characteristics more.....and the terpene profile is much more complex. Sometimes it takes getting used to....they can smell so floral and lovely.

And we all know about the effect. It's such a pleasure smoking HB weed....even if it's just for the taste!

The taste and effect are pretty amazing Doc! And I love the floral smells of the HB weed. Pretty crazy.

I am having the small laughing buddah sent out for testing. I wanted to see how she stacked up percentage wise. As soon as I get some results I will post them here. My seeds came in the mail, too. Pretty awesome. I soaked 2 seeds apiece of Columbian Gold, Wild Thai, and Afghani Kush. The got planted tonight with root zone and transplant. All these seeds are supposed to be landrace and I am pretty fired up to find a keeper!

Thanks Rain Stacks. I appreciate it, man. I am giving the liberty haze 4-6 weeks to show me her stuff. I may be surprised by her, you never know, I have 3 different Liberty Hazes flowering now that were all from seed, so there may be a keeper in there. I picked up the tendancy to cull problem plants from Doc and Curso. They are better than me at growing, so I follow their lead. I am searching for somethng amazing, so I guess i will know it when I see it, lol. I was pretty damn happy with the laughing buddahs last grow.

Thanks Curso! Individual feeding works for me man.

Graytail. I am feeding that 10mL per gallon per plant. When I first did the math I used one ounce feed per 6 large plants. This works out to 5 mL per plant and a little tea when doing it individually. I may have done that wrong, I dont know. I do know that I was doing feed/water/water and the plants just needed a bit more. Part of the problem was I was always feeding or watering at 1.5 gals per plant per time. This would be feed 1.5 gals, wait 5 days to dry out, water 1.5 gals, wait 5 days, water 1.5 gals, wait 5 days, feed. Doc addressed this in the updated instructions to water a little less amount between feedings.

I will add that in my garden, upping the feedings seem to be working great. I'd suggest following the directions in the kit exactly for everyone else, especially if it is your first time using the kit. I have already grown these exact plants before and that is why I am making a few changes this round.

Now that you mention it, I think I had read to not supercrop during flower. Good thing I forgot that and did it anyway, lol. I cant remember who said that or why, but I dont see why you couldnt do it. I dont think id do it in late flower. No real reason to.

The taste and effect are pretty amazing Doc! And I love the floral smells of the HB weed. Pretty crazy.

I am having the small laughing buddah sent out for testing. I wanted to see how she stacked up percentage wise. As soon as I get some results I will post them here. My seeds came in the mail, too. Pretty awesome. I soaked 2 seeds apiece of Columbian Gold, Wild Thai, and Afghani Kush. The got planted tonight with root zone and transplant. All these seeds are supposed to be landrace and I am pretty fired up to find a keeper!

Oh man...those seeds sound fantastic! I hope you do find a keeper. The Columbian Gold is silly. I'll never grow it again indoors. It's like an octopus...totally taking over.

Good Weed Wolf, let me know if that supercropping works out during flower, because I'll be all over it!! +reps because I think I for got too last time!!!

Man I have been really busy lately. I've got a bunch to report lol. I have 2 afghani kush, 2 columbian gold and 2 wild Thai planted and they came up a few days ago. No issues. Everything looks very good, extra frosty. I will put some pics up in the next couple days.

Here is the long overdue pic update.

Hit everything with brix last night. I have the veg tent up and running with 4 clones and 2 seeded plants. Everything in here has been topped or pinched as Doc likes to say, and is liking the GLR.
DSCF17493.JPG

DSCF17502.JPG

Tikals loved the cationic drench
DSCF17511.JPG

DSCF17522.JPG

Great White Shark. This plant looks bad ass.
DSCF1753.JPG

DSCF17541.JPG

Laughing Buddah clone
DSCF17552.JPG

Huge Tangerine Dream top. Insanely frosty.
DSCF17562.JPG

Tangerines
DSCF17572.JPG

Tangerine top
DSCF17581.JPG

Tangerine
DSCF1759.JPG

Tangerine
DSCF17602.JPG

Liberty Haze
DSCF17612.JPG

Laughing Buddah
DSCF17622.JPG

I am going to be switching grow room in the next month or so. I own my house, so i decided to convert a different bedroom to grow in. My plan is to replace all fans with new ones, rip the carpet out, clean and sterilize all intake and exhaust fans, and probably repaint floor and walls. I want everything clean and sterile and i will start in this place with clean PM free plants. This should end my PM problems for good. I'll detail the progress.

Back
Top Bottom