Sweet Tooth Auto

DAY 15

Thaught I'd take the snaps today as plans fell through.Still just ph'd water with no nutes 19/5 light and average room temps between 85-92F still but have cooler air running on them through the ducting.The mystery plant is hanging in there still and have replanted it in a 3gal pot and is starting to grow it's 3rd set of leaves but it's only a bit over an inch tall.The sweet tooth's are 5 inch and second is 6 inch and have good covering and thick healthy stems.Hoping to have 2 more auto's sprout by tomorrow that I'll add to this journal once there in the room.I havnt watered in about 5 days now but going by the moisture guage I'll probably give them a drink tomorrow

image22493.jpg

image22498.jpg

image22495.jpg

image22499.jpg

image22500.jpg

Ok been thinking today about switching to LEDs to try and keep my temps down as long term forecast say temps are going to be above average this year and are allready 4degC higher atm than usual.Not having any knowledge of them can someone tell me how many W led light will be suitable for my 1.2x1.2m tent? Wife might even be happier if the lecky bill doesn't take such a hit:) Was thinking maybe a 600W

Thanks mate will look to see if they sell here as I'm always scared of having lighting shipped from OS and it being mistreated.Doing some reading on Mars hydro lights ATM,being able to buy local is a plus and have pretty much decided to stick with auto's for now means I don't really need deep penetrating lights as much and can always add the HPS at final flowering stage.One of my 2 new auto beans broke the rock cube tonight and expect the second will be through by morning so hopefully I'll be updating this journal in a couple days with new arrivals to the tent:)

What kind of hood do you have currently? Is it hooked up to exhaust?

I struggled with heat problems really bad in the beginning of my grow. I added a ultrasonic humidifier (emits no visible vapor) and it brought the temp down 5 degrees F. Easy and cheap!!

I have been looking a little into LED for future grows as well. I have my eye set on the new Twilight Spider 9

You can't really go wrong with the Sponsors here. They've all been tested and have had successful outcomes. Here are some links for you to research and find the one that fits your needs and budget.

Advanced LED Grow Lights
E.shine Systems
Lush Lighting
Mars Hydro LED
Platinum Grow Lights
Smart Grow Technologies
Twilight Group LED

Ultra fans given you a great list there.
Most important thing though is your budget.
High to any cost or low to medium cost.
One of the biggest factors that made me turn to the leds I have was cost.
However if I had plenty of dosh is love to get some of the budmaster lights they seem to do awesome in most journals I've seen them used :)

For me with another bub on the way,cost is a big thing ATM and the 600W Mars hydro looks to be a full spectrum LED at a pretty decent price(I bet the wife worth think so) but not ever dealing with LED before all the information I'm trying to look into them is just making my head spin abit:)
Ultra fans: my hood is just the open type but have rigged up a fan at the end to blow air straight onto the bulb to cool it but normal day time temps here ATM are still at 33degC and 28 in my room where I have my tent.My ballast is 20 years old so would rather spend money on new lights than get an air cooled hood and being only 400W hps I'm on the absolute minimum lighting I'd want for my 4x4ft tent.
I'm not really after super big yields so sticking to the smaller auto's as it's only really for me and to make pain relief meds for my 63year old mum to ease her bone problem she has as the prescribed meds she is on has destroyed her Gaul bladder and making her sick and dependant on them

Yeah I was in the exact same situation just after having bub though when I got mine, know what you mean bout the money.
I'd say mars would probably be the best for the price you wanna spend and if it helps at all instead you could get 2 300s so you can have some extra spread and spacing, also its good to go for mars since they're a sponsor on here I made the mistake of getting unsponsored brand of leds haha
And something extra for your led info.
I haave 3 300watt leds however each one is actually only 180 actual watts, so 2(or a 600) would equal to 360watts or maybe closer to 400 so it will be around the same power as your hid but still probably cheaper to run. Then again its been awhile since I looked at mars they might list them by the actual wattage.
Anyways what I'm getting at is the actual draw wattage is what matters when it comes to LEDs

Thanks mate,1 600 or 2 300's are around the same price but looks like better coverage with the 2 300.Im looking at the reflector series as 3W bulbs will keep my heat more in check than the 5W bulbs and by only running 4 auto's at a time in my 4x4ft I'm hoping light penetration won't be a problem.Northern lights auto and malana bomb auto are up so 2 from 2 germination within 2 days from planting straight into rock wool cube so next photo update will have them in it I hope:)

Yep they are the same ones I was looking at :)
Yeah you should be right with penetration to my bs went alright, putting the extra fluorescent on the side helped but it was late in flower and some days I couldn't use it due to heat, but the yeild is still nice without side lighting so you should good mate :)

New room mates for the sweet tooth
Mala bomb and northern lights auto's both sprouted yesterday in rock wool cubes and now have been put in their final pots and taken their spots in the room.Ive placed an air conditioner in the room to try and keep the ambient air cooler which is sucked in the tent while I wait for the new LED's to arrive.Mystery plant has shown itself to be a fighter and now is growing very nicely and the 2 sweet tooth are looking great but very different.1 is shorter and a lot more bushy while the other is tall and lean

Day 18

Wasn't expecting an update today but tonight I've noticed what I hope to be the first female signs on the sweet tooth.On both plants second node from top have a thin case starting to grow without a ball on top so fingers crossed:) Only have an I phone for camera so will need to wait till they get bigger before photo update.
I've been giving a small amount of nutes to there water the last 2 drinks(EC .4) just to try and keep them healthy with this ridiculous heat we are having and have dropped the lights to 18/6.These LED can't get here quick enough

Day 19 photo

Looks like they are on track ATM with another 10-14 days before they start to flower.Ive been bending fan leaves so that new growth is getting good light for more nicer bud sites so I hope it pays off.Temps are still high and they are still showing heat stress on the leaves except for mystery plant,while still small it's looking quite healthy.The mystery plant isn't auto so my plans are to veg it out while I get the auto's done then maybe take off a few clones and sea of green the next grow maybe?
image22808.jpg

image22809.jpg

image22811.jpg

image22812.jpg

image22813.jpg

Looking good mate :thumb:
You'll have to be careful she may get monstrous on you in that time, since she's not auto you can probably train her abit to help.
Good idea with the sog too, just make sure you take your clones a week or 2 before autos finish, maybe 2 so they can root then repot them and then switch the whole tent to flower.
Keep up the good work mate :)

Really nice posts so far mate ! She seem like a real indica dominant with these fat leaves :rollit:
If you have time check my thread i am currently doing a northern light auto

Keep up
:Namaste:

Cheers mate,will def check out your journal,still waiting on my northern light auto to sprout it's second set of leaves before I add picks but ATM I'm not sure wich is it or malana bomb as there tags fell off when seeding so won't no till they grow abit:) lesson learnt

Another update day 20
After checking this morning for sex growth on the sweet tooth which still hasn't shown hairs yet,just a thin green pointy extra stem which is starting to worry me as it looks like one maybe starting to open a bit but no hairs.Then I noticed that mystery plant has a nice set of hairs growing out of her top so maybe she is an auto as well which will put a stop to my SOG idea.Will keep this updated on the sweet tooth's gender growth once they show me more:)

Back
Top Bottom