SweetLeef's Back & Organic

SweetLeef

Hello everyone,

I would like to take a second to welcome and thank you for checking out my new journal. As some of you know, my last grow was a bit of a roller coaster. It wound up being a successful grow, but just barely. As a result I have changed my entire system. This time around I will be running Living Organic Soil in No-Till pots. I will be utilizing and relying on the Soil Food Web to grow the highest quality flowers the world has ever seen!

The soil I mixed up is made from Clackamas Coots recipe. I will post that recipe as well as the report I did on Jeff Lowenfels lecture on the Soil Food Web. I started a thread with my report, but I think I will post it here too. Hopefully more people will see it and realize that it just makes sense, and it's so easy and MUCH more cost effective. I made a Cu. Yard of soil for under $300. This yard of soil, provided I don't mess it up, will last me, oh I don't know..... The REST OF MY LIFE! No joke :high-five:

The soil has been placed into approximately 7gallon and 5gallon fabric pots that I made myself. I have never used a sewing machine before so it was a very fun a challenging project. 30 fabric pots is a lot of work. Slow going too due to my inexperience, but I got through it! and I saved over $150! Now I have a whole bunch of fabric pots that are much cooler looking than anything on the market! Thanks Cannafan! I owe you something :)

If you would like to save a bunch of money and have a little fun with your frustration, you can get Cannafan's instructions on how to make the fabric pots here: DIY fabric grow pots "Cannabags" made from Eco Felt They are VERY clear and easy to follow. Check it out!

Everybody is still vegging while they get used to the soil. I have 17 in the flower tent that will flip in one week. I am going to give them a defol today, as well as try my hand at lollipoping a few of them. With 17 in my 9x5 tent, it's going to be a VERY tight fit, I am probably overloaded in there, but if you read my last journal you know I just want to get these plant moved through so I can start on new genetics. If you didn't read my last journal, these plants were all survivors of the aforementioned pest problems. I am expecting a high rate of hermie plants again. I expect some seeds again, which is a bummer. I have fought too long and hard for these ladies to throw any of them out.

In the flower tent we have 8 Thunder Scouts(sex still unknown) 1 Bubbalicious (fem) that is pretty far into flower already because she started flowering herself under 18/6. 4 Tangamanga (female from clones from my last journal) 1 Burmese Kush(fem) 1 Strawberry Cough(fem) 1CR+(fem) 1 Church(fem).

For light I am using Mars-Hydro LED's. I currently have two MarsII 1600 in the flower tent and a MarsII1200 in the veg tent. I was just awarded a free light from mars hydro that should be here later this week. Not sure exactly which light they are sending me, but if it will cover the plants I currently have in veg, I will move the 1200 over the the flower tent and we'll have about 2200 watts in the flower tent :)

In the veg tent we have 1 S.A.G.E.(fem) 1 Mt. Hood Magic(female from clone) 1Blue Dream(female from clone, my BID memorial plant) 1 Electric Dog Shit (female from clone) 2 HarleSin(female from clone) 1 Strawberry Cough(female from clone, likely hermie, went through the wars) 1 Harlequin(female from clone) 1 Burmese kush(female clone from the one in flower. and 3 Thai chili plants.

I will post pictures later today or tonight after the lights come on. The plants look a little rough at the moment. But I believe those to be scars of a much rougher life than they should have had. Hopefully all in the past thanks to my new growing style.

I still have almost too much going on, but with the no-till soil on my team, I should only need to worry about hermie flowers, and watering. :)

Up till now, I have been using the green avengers Supersoil. It's pretty cool stuff, does a decent job and you need only add water. But at 30 a bag, it's expensive stuff, and every bag I ever got came complete with fungus gnats. I was pretty happy with it though, until I started reading about CC's No-Till Recipe.

I also dabbled in hydro for a grow, got fairly impressive results from an auto flower. But hydro come with a lot of cleaning and water changes, paying for salt water to add to your res. I liked it, and although it's a lot of work, and totally not organic despite what the label on the bottle says, I will probably dabble again down the road.

For now though, I am going to grow top shelf quality, organic as fuck, big honking plants in a perpetual style.

I want to get these girls through flower, and then begin my perpetual schedule. It will take a cycle or two, but eventually the 3 plants I move into flower will have vegged for about 4 months. I want monsters! Hoping to eventually harvest 2-3#'s a month off of three plants. This will allow me enough meds to keep my sister in supply of RSO, as well as have enough for my needs, and a little extra for the homies :)

I am very excited about this journal. I think this is gonna be a much better grow than the last one :)

Comments, Questions, and disagreements are encouraged. As long as we treat each other with respect and don't make it personal, I would like to see some disagreements hashed out, while we smoke out with hash :)

I also encourage jokes, and silliness. I don't believe we need to be 100% on topic at all times. I believe this "hobby" of our is much more than that and it effects every aspect of our lives so chances are it related anyway.

So please join me for what should be a hell of a ride! :thumb::circle-of-love::high-five::welcome:

re: SweetLeef's Back & Organic

First seat. WooHoo!!! I'm here for the duration. Thanks for the invite SweetLeef. :love:

From my experience with this brilliant soil recipe I can tell you the results will shock you.

Have you purchased any malted barley grain? I used it this morning in a new way, simply grinding it to a powder, sprinkling it over the surface and watering in with diluted fulvic, aloe and kelp. No need to brew or bubble. Can't be any easier. Apply once a week and watch the plants burst out with growth energy.

Have you given any thought to the simplicity a SWICK system could bring to your life? It's a system designed for LOS.

I haven't got the malted barley grain yet. I am using a mix of bird seed and wheat berries. Birdseeds because we had it on hand and wheatgrass because it's SUPER cheap, and I've definitely seen results with the wheatgrass and my plants.

I have thought about the SWICK and I am into it, but because I live in a rental house and I have to be able to move everything out in 24hours notice, I don't want to deal with big wet tubs on top of everything else. We might be setting Magicmediwana up with a SWICK at her place though.

Yippee!! Sweetleef has another journal! You know I'm in!! :love::blunt::geek:

I'm editing because I've actually done the reading now, and I am excited about this grow! I love that with each grow you have learned a new skill set and you continually strive to improve both yourself and the girls and how pure and healthy they are. I read Cannafan's thread on the fabric pots and she does do a great job. Can't wait to see them!

First seat. WooHoo!!! I'm here for the duration. Thanks for the invite SweetLeef. :love:

From my experience with this brilliant soil recipe I can tell you the results will shock you.

Have you purchased any malted barley grain? I used it this morning in a new way, simply grinding it to a powder, sprinkling it over the surface and watering in with diluted fulvic, aloe and kelp. No need to brew or bubble. Can't be any easier. Apply once a week and watch the plants burst out with growth energy.

Have you given any thought to the simplicity a SWICK system could bring to your life? It's a system designed for LOS.

I have read all of your SWICK thread, SweetSue. I think it may be the answer for me. I need so much help right now with my plants that I don't enjoy them as much as I would if it were easier for me to take care of them myself. I could even set up a res and use a simple pond pump and tubing to refill the swick as needed. As long as the res had water I would be good to go! What do you think of that, Sweetleef?Hmm...I have more to ponder! :geek:

I'm here! Looking forward to this SweetLeef.

:circle-of-love:

oooohhh, first page too. That NEVER happens to me. LOL

So glad you got your fabric pots made, and I'm sure you will love them. Mine are going on the fourth grow with plants and holding up excellently. And you don't owe me anything....well except to grow the most beautiful buds out there. :)

I have read all of your SWICK thread, SweetSue. I think it may be the answer for me. I need so much help right now with my plants that I don't enjoy them as much as I would if it were easier for me to take care of them myself. I could even set up a res and use a simple pond pump and tubing to refill the swick as needed. As long as the res had water I would be good to go! What do you think of that, Sweetleef?Hmm...I have more to ponder! :geek:

If you make the reservoir deep enough (I used dish pans for my own LOS pots) they'll keep everything hydrated for days MagicMediwana, without the need for a pump. ClosetPharmer left his for a week once and everyone was perfectly fine when he returned. Make your life easier and give it a try.

Hey Chronic! Glad to have you 'round these parts!

I think swick will be awesome. I was thinking of attaching a splitter to the sink in your bathroom. We could position it so water still shoots down into the bowl, but also have a hose running off the other end. We could attach longer levers so you could use them. Then you can use the hose to fill your res, use the little water pump to fill the SWICK and you're pretty much running things yourself.

I want to put the SWICK pan on a little scooter made with 2x4's and casters so that you can spin her around when needed/wanted.

I don't know how it will all work yet, but I am going to a hardware store today to figure out a good sturdy way to hook a hose to my little water pump and water the girls that way instead of with a can. The can is tedious at best, and with this many plants it's a true pain. While I am doing that I will have my thinker on in regards to your set up as well.

That's what I think of that.

If you make the reservoir deep enough (I used dish pans for my own LOS pots) they'll keep everything hydrated for days MagicMediwana, without the need for a pump. ClosetPharmer left his for a week once and everyone was perfectly fine when he returned. Make your life easier and give it a try.

When my Uncle was staying with me after an amputation, he was in and out of the hospital several times. He always came back with those plastic "tubs" that they use for sponge baths etc. I think those might work for the Swick method with the fabric pots. Going to check the size on one right now. ;-)

And they are a perfect fit! These are 5 1/2" deep and 12" x 10" wide. The pots fit right in them.
Hopefully that's deep enough Sue? Thanks for the idea that gave me an idea. LOL
Hope you don't mind a pic SweetLeef...
Swick_container.jpg

The pins you see on the pot are what I used for LST'ing the plants. They are jewelry making pins that you get by the bag fulls at craft shops. Safety pins work great too, and are very cheap. ;-)

Hey Chronic! Glad to have you 'round these parts!

I think swick will be awesome. I was thinking of attaching a splitter to the sink in your bathroom. We could position it so water still shoots down into the bowl, but also have a hose running off the other end. We could attach longer levers so you could use them. Then you can use the hose to fill your res, use the little water pump to fill the SWICK and you're pretty much running things yourself.

I want to put the SWICK pan on a little scooter made with 2x4's and casters so that you can spin her around when needed/wanted.

I don't know how it will all work yet, but I am going to a hardware store today to figure out a good sturdy way to hook a hose to my little water pump and water the girls that way instead of with a can. The can is tedious at best, and with this many plants it's a true pain. While I am doing that I will have my thinker on in regards to your set up as well.

That's what I think of that.

SweetLeef, Dale did that under our bathroom sink. There's a valve that turns it on/off and a hose that reaches to the balcony. I used the wand from an old $20 Chapin sprayer which gave me on/off control at the plant site.

The SWICK on casters - BRILLIANT!

And they are a perfect fit! These are 5 1/2" deep and 12" x 10" wide. The pots fit right in them.
Hopefully that's deep enough Sue? Thanks for the idea that gave me an idea. LOL
Hope you don't mind a pic SweetLeef...
Swick_container.jpg

The pins you see on the pot are what I used for LST'ing the plants. They are jewelry making pins that you get by the bag fulls at craft shops. Safety pins work great too, and are very cheap. ;-)

Perfect Canna! Ironically, I have passed on these for years. I cannot tell you how many hospitalizations over the past two years alone. Now that I have a real use for them, we're bringing him home tomorrow morning for in-home hospice. He won't be hospitalized again, so no chance for any basins. Life can be so funny sometimes. :laughtwo:

i'm not ready to fuss with all those individual SWICKs. Currently at 27 potted plants in 3 SWICKs and 4 lights.

Tonight's watering took 30 seconds to walk a 5 gallon bucket around to 3 containers and another 2 minutes to fill 2 buckets and set them out to outgas chlorine for tomorrow night.

Obviously training, tending, transplanting, trimming, and tea brewing take longer. :)

That's what I like most about the SWICK - all that time freed up. Well, the fact that I don't kill them with neglect is fairly significant. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom