Tales From The Krip!

MAIN TENT APPROXIMATELY 7-10 DAYS FROM FLIP

The main tent is about a week, or so, before flipping to 12/12. There's a nice line of larger colas right down the middle of the tent where I have the 3rd light. Those colas were getting the overlap from the other two lights and they show it, so I did turn off that center light just to let the sides catch up a little, but we're definitely close to having a jungle and all plants are healthy and looking good:

Happy Harvests!

K

BLACKWATER PRIMO BUDS! :yummy:

In my post about curing, I mentioned I was curing some huge buds that were something like 1/4 oz. each. Well, the buds I was referencing are the four top colas from the Blackwater.

Here they are:

I used lined paper for size reference and, when I went to weigh them, I found I was a little off....the buds range from 7g to 11g each for a total of 36g, or an average of 9g each!

The only issue with photographing them is that, to get the whole bud in the pic, the camera needs to be zoomed out enough that you lose all the trichome detail, but here are a couple of bud shots:

And, here are a couple zoomed in for the trichs:

So, a couple of notes.....

First, those buds are really good examples of the importance of proper drying & curing. Buds that big/thick/dense mold very easily if proper RH isn't maintained and/or they're jarred too soon.

Next, @Pennywise, I really wish you (and everyone else, of course!) could smell these jars, sample the smoke, and take a clone! I know you've been looking for a grape pheno and the Blackwater not only "passes the smell test", but is also some awesome smoke! :thumb:

It is really some fantastic meds and is helping my dad for his pain, so just took a couple cuts this morning and will run a couple again next round. :slide:

In the mean time, we're about two weeks from flipping this round and I'll post some pics on that later.

Happy Harvests!

K

Glad it’s helping your dad krip! Those are some beauty buds!

Garden is looking fantastic so far going to be a full tent after stretch!! Keep it up Krip

It looks like you didn't have any problem adjusting to High Brix. Those are above top shelf buds and would be the best any dispensary had to offer. I'd suggest growing out a strain you've grown before HB that you would consider a favorite and see how it compares. I love seeing new brixers sample their first HB harvest. I don't think anyone has said it wasn't a big success after trying it. Keep up the great work and I look forward to following the next group of plants.

That video was disheartening and really pissed me off. I'm surprised they actually did that to him with all the camera phones. That cashier made my blood boil, what a miserable person.

Lovin the indoor carpeting Krips! Nice job.
Garden looks super!
:goodjob:Cat wait for the jungle!
That's full AF! I like it :welldone:
Glad it’s helping your dad krip! Those are some beauty buds!

Garden is looking fantastic so far going to be a full tent after stretch!! Keep it up Krip
It looks like you didn't have any problem adjusting to High Brix. Those are above top shelf buds and would be the best any dispensary had to offer. I'd suggest growing out a strain you've grown before HB that you would consider a favorite and see how it compares. I love seeing new brixers sample their first HB harvest. I don't think anyone has said it wasn't a big success after trying it. Keep up the great work and I look forward to following the next group of plants.

That video was disheartening and really pissed me off. I'm surprised they actually did that to him with all the camera phones. That cashier made my blood boil, what a miserable person.

Thanks, everyone! :thanks:

Neiko, yeah, while the HB transition was a little confusing at first, especially coming from hydro, it's really very easy and a helluva lot less work. If the buds were of comparable quality, I'd be happy with the switch to HB, but with the quality I've seen from this first round, I'm ecstatic! :yahoo:

BTW, as bad & miserable as that cashier was, I was more fuming at the cops who totally mis-handled that situation at the expense of a citizen they were supposed to be protecting; and, in fact, someone who served to protect them! :(

BTW, as bad & miserable as that cashier was, I was more fuming at the cops who totally mis-handled that situation at the expense of a citizen they were supposed to be protecting; and, in fact, someone who served to protect them! :(

For sure, that goes without saying but the attitude of that cashier was like she wasn't going to be satisfied unless he went to jail. I guess I've seen that look on people and right away you know they have no compassion and it's all about them getting their pound of flesh. If I was the manager of that store the 1st thing I would've done is fire her.

NEED TO FLIP SOONER THAN ESTIMATED

It was just two days ago (Saturday) that I posted that last update saying I was about a week from flipping to 12/12. Well, on Sunday, the girls got their first Growth drench and they look they've added close to 2 inches in the last day or two!

I haven't taken a formal measurement, but I'm guessing I have about 30" more I can raise the lights before they start hitting the carbon scrubber & fan and, while I am trying to get more height this round, I'm also getting a little nervous and think I'm gonna' have to make the flip in the next 48 hours.

The good news is that nothing in the tent that looks anything like a Sativa. All nice, big, fat Indica leaves with no more than seven fingers, so I'm hoping we don't get too much stretch.

I'll see where we're at in another 24 hours and I have a feeling I may be flipping these tomorrow.

Happy Harvests!

K

For sure, that goes without saying but the attitude of that cashier was like she wasn't going to be satisfied unless he went to jail. I guess I've seen that look on people and right away you know they have no compassion and it's all about them getting their pound of flesh. If I was the manager of that store the 1st thing I would've done is fire her.

I agree 420%! She was the cause of all the issues and does deserve to lose her job.

She didn't have to demand ID from his wife, she didn't have to "pretend" she was getting the store's policies to keep him there while she called the cops, and she didn't need to press charges. She had NO compassion, what-so-ever! I ALMOST called the W-Mart store to make a complaint about her also, but I just expect more from the police than I do from a $7/hr. W-Mart clerk! :rolleyes:

TUT #1 BONSAI MOM

I was feeding the girls in the Mother Tent this morning and thought I'd take out the Tut Bonsai mom for a quick photo shoot. This is the Tut #1 original seedling and is the oldest Mom I have currently, though only about 8 months (I'd have to go back and check to be exact! ;) ).

You can see she's only about 10 1/2" tall, in a 3" container, and I could easily take between 8-12 cuttings from her right now:

I have a hunch this one will end up getting culled for one of the other, hopefully better, strains, but it gives an idea of how many mothers you can keep in a small space and still get plenty of cuttings!

Happy Harvests!

K

TUT #1 BONSAI MOM

I was feeding the girls in the Mother Tent this morning and thought I'd take out the Tut Bonsai mom for a quick photo shoot. This is the Tut #1 original seedling and is the oldest Mom I have currently, though only about 8 months (I'd have to go back and check to be exact! ;) ).

You can see she's only about 10 1/2" tall, in a 3" container, and I could easily take between 8-12 cuttings from her right now:

I have a hunch this one will end up getting culled for one of the other, hopefully better, strains, but it gives an idea of how many mothers you can keep in a small space and still get plenty of cuttings!

Happy Harvests!

K

Could you go over how you started and kept your bonsai mom?? I want to be able to keep mothers this year but don’t have the space for monster mom plants! I could store 2-4 bonsai moms though and I would really like to do it properly!

Thanks for any advice you can lend Krip!

Could you go over how you started and kept your bonsai mom?? I want to be able to keep mothers this year but don’t have the space for monster mom plants! I could store 2-4 bonsai moms though and I would really like to do it properly!

Thanks for any advice you can lend Krip!

Sure....It all started right here, Brother!:

Bonsai Mothers

Let me know if you have any questions! ;)

Hmmm I guess I have been keeping bonsai moms... Never really thought about the technique... Basically keep them small and underfed until you need clones.

Do you know anything about reversion virus?

To the best of my knowledge, a "reversion virus" is not a specific virus but refers to any virus that can cause a change in the DNA sequence/genetics of the plant.

WHITE WIDOW PRELIMINARY DRY WEIGHT

It's now been something like 24 or 25 days since chopping the White Widow & Fruit Punch. They both spent their entire time in the fridge and are now just dry enough to jar & get some preliminary dry weights, but the RH is still hovering above 70%, so weight is gonna come down some, still.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the White Widow yield which I only estimated at maybe two ounces and currently is a 91 g's, or 3.25 oz's. Even losing another 20%, that should bring the total yields, so far, to close to 17 oz's and I bet I have 5 or maybe even 6 oz's on the Fruit Punch, which is still in the fridge drying since it had some pretty large buds.

I was hoping for 18-20 oz. based on the harvest, but based on the weights, I think it will be closer to 22-23 oz. which is AWESOME!:yahoo:

Part of the difference in the estimates are due to the fact that all of the buds on all of the strains are some of the densest buds I've grown (you could see by the weight of those Blackwater buds!). I'm sure part of this is due to the kit soil, but I'm also sure much of it is that, now that I'm in a bigger tent, I've got a LOT more light that I've ever used and the extra watts are paying off! :thumb:

I will take another weight on this once the RH drops below that 70% mark but looking good! :slide:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom