Teejrocks' Coco Organic CMHx630 Grow With Oasis Genetics Autos Round 1

formula for guessing dry weight with wet

Awesome!!! I was hoping to get at least 2oz per plant, and your formula puts LD2 over 50g and GW2 just over 60g so I am looking to get pretty close to my goal. Not bad considering how tortured these plants were by my newbie abuse techniques.

:thumb:

I'll be taking a look at the bud washing thread in your sig too... Smoking home grown buds that aren't fuzzy with cat fur would probably taste better...

Awesome!!! I was hoping to get at least 2oz per plant, and your formula puts LD2 over 50g and GW2 just over 60g so I am looking to get pretty close to my goal. Not bad considering how tortured these plants were by my newbie abuse techniques.

:thumb:

I'll be taking a look at the bud washing thread in your sig too... Smoking home grown buds that aren't fuzzy with cat fur would probably taste better...
Wait till you try bud washing if you want a nice clean flavor. It makes a world of difference especially with animals around.

May 14: And then there was one...

Lemon Drop 1.1(Day 71):
She is now the only girl left in the grow room, although the pepper seedlings are still in there to keep her company...

Pulled a bunch of the crispy dead stuff after snapping this pic... Anything that came off with a light tug was removed... Didn't bother scoping her as she is still at the white pistil stage...

20190514_232446.jpg

20190515_000040.jpg

Gypsy Widow 1 (Day 87):
Chopped her down today... Was scoping milky and yellowing on most of the trichomes, and most of her leaf has died out and dried up...

Smell is just awesome, and the main cola is so fat!!! She ended up at 325g at harvest... can't wait to see the final weight for this girl.

Hmm... (325x0.9)/4= ~73g... I like otter math...

20190514_232438.jpg

20190514_232622.jpg

GW2 & LD2 are both drying nicely and all the leaf I can see has shriveled nicely. The smaller buds are still bending, but getting pretty close to the snapping stage, so maybe I'll be spending some of Victoria day long weekend trimming and starting the jar cure. Saw some awesome amber Bernardin 1L canning jars at the store, super dark glass, darker than beer bottle dark. But at 12.99 for 4 jars instead of the usual $12 for 12 clear brand name jars I was all nope. Ended up going with the 750mL jars as they are straight sided jars and will make it a touch easier to burp and dump if needed. Been reading the cobbing thread too... Definitely going to try that out once I have a few jars on "reserve".

Getting excited for the final girl to come down and the reset to begin... Still have some photo "bagseed" (which I have since found to be originally purchased from our compassion club as a specific strain, but she cannot remember which strain she bought). Also have a bunch more Gypsy Widow & Lemon Drop Auto seeds. Also have an Amnesia Auto from Canuk seeds from my last order too. Might have to take advantage of the birthday points that True North Seed Bank added to my account and try some more of these Oasis Genetics strains... Decisions, decisions...

May 17:
Gave Lemon Drop 1.1 a drink, but was too busy trimming to remember to take a picture... She's still yellow...

20190518_000748.jpg
The first two girls have been trimmed and jarred up, Lemon Drop 2 held moisture better than Gypsy Widow 2. I trimmed and jarred LD2 on the 16th, and did GW2 tonight. I was actually shocked that GW2 was so dry with her thicker buds, but I think I got them into the jars before they were too dry.

LD2 was a pain to trim, lots of little crispy leaves every where, but they look pretty good in the jar. They were actually a touch too damp after overnight in the jars, so I dumped them into the weight bucket and let them breathe for a few minutes.

Out of the dry closet, LD2 was 74g, and post trim was 46g.
20190517_213923.jpg

20190518_000933.jpg

GW2's trimming was far less tedious, although far more sticky... Seriously, even being slightly over dried these things are awesome...

Post dry weight was 75g and we ended up with 54g after trimming, and left about 2 or 3 grams of really larfy buds in my shake baggie.

20190518_000833.jpg

I'll be keeping a closer eye on GW1 in the closet to catch her with a bit more moisture...

The drying closet(grow room air intake closet) smelled like grassy weed, but with just my newbie trimming job and jarring up, they both smell amazing again.

Sorry for the lack of updates for those of you following along... Life got in the way of journal making...

Anywho... I am sitting on 9 jars of curing goodness and ended up not doing too bad harvest wise.

Here's a quick overview of round 1...

Gypsy Widow 1:
87 days to harvest
325 grams wet (whole plant at harvest)
83 grams post dry (over dried this GW too, jars eventually stabilized at 50%, now at 62% w/ Boveda)
50 grams post trim
cure started May 23rd

Gypsy Widow 2:
82 days to harvest
275 grams wet (whole plant)
75 grams post dry (jars stabilized at ~50%, now holding at 62% w/ Boveda)
54 grams post trim
cure started May 17th

Lemon Drop 1.1:
83 - 85 days to harvest (my bad... can't figure out what day she met the anvil pruners)
317 grams wet (whole plant)
122 grams post dry (jars stabilized at 58% and holding w/o Boveda)
59 grams post trim (14 grams are pretty larfy and were separated for processing)
cure started June 3rd

Lemon Drop 2:
82 days to harvest
244 grams wet (whole plant)
74 grams post dry (jars stabilized at 60%, no Boveda needed)
46 grams post trim
cure started May 16th

209 grams in total is pretty sweet for my first round.

Smoking wise, they all had a nice stone but were pretty harsh on the throat... Thankfully, the jar curing seems to be doing it's thing and they are getting better with each weekly tester bud.

The room has been reset and amended medium for round 2 is in the pots. I'll likely make a new thread soon.

I'll try and get a few more bud & jar shots to wrap up the journal.

The master procrastinator has finally taken the stupid picture...

20190615_225009.jpg

Just ran out of purchased weed and have started testing our home grown cannabis. They all smell just amazing and give a really nice stone, and the flavor is getting better by the day...

To be honest, the tester buds up until the last day or two have been pretty harsh burning and somewhat grassy. Thankfully, the Gypsy Widows are getting close to greatness, the harshness is gone and the flavor is getting really good. The Boveda 62 packs were pulled a few days ago and we are burping daily to drop the moisture down to cleaner burning range. At this point the flavor is great at the start of a bowl, but the extra moisture ruins the last few tokes.

The Lemon Drops smell so awesome, but are both still pretty harsh burning and grassy... Oddly the LD that was jarred on Jun 3 is already significantly better than the one from mid May. There is improvement with the curing of the lemon girls, it's just going much slower than the other strain. Just gotta keep burping, I suppose.

Gonna have to warm up the hair straightener and see if Lemon Drop resin is more palatable. To be honest, I am anal retentive about the taste of my weed/ cleanliness of my smoking and vaping appliances, and I may be overly critical on the olfactory experience of my own cannabis. As far as potency, both my wife and I are very impressed with the first harvest.

:thanks:
Thanks for the "views" and advice offered. Glad I found this community, even if I spend more time reading than posting...

We're already germinating the next cycle, and as of now have a one day old Amnesia auto (Canuk seeds), A Lemon drop at the surface and two Gypsy Widows yet to make their appearance. New journal coming soon!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

The master procrastinator has finally taken the stupid picture...

20190615_225009.jpg

Just ran out of purchased weed and have started testing our home grown cannabis. They all smell just amazing and give a really nice stone, and the flavor is getting better by the day...

To be honest, the tester buds up until the last day or two have been pretty harsh burning and somewhat grassy. Thankfully, the Gypsy Widows are getting close to greatness, the harshness is gone and the flavor is getting really good. The Boveda 62 packs were pulled a few days ago and we are burping daily to drop the moisture down to cleaner burning range. At this point the flavor is great at the start of a bowl, but the extra moisture ruins the last few tokes.

The Lemon Drops smell so awesome, but are both still pretty harsh burning and grassy... Oddly the LD that was jarred on Jun 3 is already significantly better than the one from mid May. There is improvement with the curing of the lemon girls, it's just going much slower than the other strain. Just gotta keep burping, I suppose.

Gonna have to warm up the hair straightener and see if Lemon Drop resin is more palatable. To be honest, I am anal retentive about the taste of my weed/ cleanliness of my smoking and vaping appliances, and I may be overly critical on the olfactory experience of my own cannabis. As far as potency, both my wife and I are very impressed with the first harvest.

:thanks:
Thanks for the "views" and advice offered. Glad I found this community, even if I spend more time reading than posting...

We're already germinating the next cycle, and as of now have a one day old Amnesia auto (Canuk seeds), A Lemon drop at the surface and two Gypsy Widows yet to make their appearance. New journal coming soon!
Beautiful work in jars Teej! See you in the new journal.

Back
Top Bottom