THC Bomb SOG In DIY Ebb & Flow

Great harvest on that plant man love it. Everybody guessed wrong on that weight. When are you harvesting the rest of them?

Sent from my ALE-L02 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I wish the other ones would fill out and swell up. I have 1 of 5 that is filled out and waiting for the swell and the other 4 still have some filling out to do. Honestly they have me worried they won't finish right.

Not to worry too much man all will work out good. Hoping you get the ballast sorted out quickly

Sent from my ALE-L02 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I strung up my original CFL setup to keep them alive. I'll order my new ballast this weekend after I get paid and have it 2 day shipped. Hopefully Wednesday will be a good day for me. Any opinions on the Apollo Purple Reign ballast?

I got my new ballast in Tuesday and got it installed and lit up. Just on looks alone the new Apollo horticulture purple reign ballast is going to be super nice. It is about twice the size and weight of the generic ballast I had that came with the setup. It looks like what happened is some tar like substance oozed into the cooling fan and stopped it from running which caused it to over heat and give up. The new ballast has much more venting and a larger fan as well as much bigger heat sink fins. I hope it performs as well as it looks. Fingers crossed. Oh and I also tied some of my branches that were getting close to the light down to the screen over the hole where plant #1 was.

Exciting news. 1st bit is of the grow room. The new ballast is working beautifully and I am seeing new growth so fingers crossed on success. 2nd is of an expansion to my setup. I ordered a 4 x 4 tent and a 300 nova led light as well as some fox farms nutes for my next grow which will be soil. I got the tent and led mainly for veg but will also use it for breeding for seed stock. In the future I will use it for a mother tent and get another tent for veg. I have a nice size spare room that was unfurnished and unused for anything but storage until now. I'm excited for the future possibilities with these additions. I am unsure about the nova led but it was 3 things, cheap, American made, and warranties for 5 yrs so I decided it was worth a shot.

So there has been very little progression with the girls. I believe I know what the problem is. My theory is that with all 10 plants starting in the same flood table, they had intertwined roots. So when I cut out the males and the first plant to finish those roots got left behind to die. This in turn, I believe, gave root rot or some other form of root disease to the remaining females. Which is why they are looking kind of sickly and growing very slowly and not flowering properly. I have started 8 new seeds for a different strain which I plan to grow in a diy mix soil. I have recently acquired a tent and a 300w led. I plan to veg these new seeds in the tent under the led and being autos they will switch whenever they feel like it at which point the plants in the stealth room will either be finished and harvested or will come down anyways to make room for these new autos.

Looking forward to the LED addition Newb, hope somebody could guide you in a direction to help the plants. Have a good day brother

Unfortunately from what I've read once those roots get screwed there ain't no goin back. My best hope is that they finish before they come down.

Looking forward to the LED addition Newb, hope somebody could guide you in a direction to help the plants. Have a good day brother

Unfortunately from what I've read once those roots get screwed there ain't no goin back. My best hope is that they finish before they come down.

But I'll chock this up to a learning experience to never let root beds mix if you are planning to have males that will be cut down. I am sure that if I had all females and all the plants stayed alive it would be a different story. But hindsight is 20/20. Anyways I am also excited about the tent and led. My plan for them is to use it for veg where I can keep a more diligent eye on the early stages and check them easier. Then once they go to flower move them up to the grow room where they'll have a more powerful light and more space. Then the tent can be freed up for breeding seeds if there happens to be a male in the group, that way I only sacrifice 1 female. And I will also be able to do faster cycles by flowering less plants at a time and continuously harvesting and adding in plants to the flowering room from the veg tent. ie Veg 2 plants for 2 weeks add 2 more plants to veg, at 4 weeks move first 2 upstairs and replace them in the veg tent, continued every 2 weeks. Eventually I can harvest a plant or 2 every couple weeks.

So it looks like the next grow is going to be a multi strain grow. Due to some less than desired germination success rates with the flash seeds lemon haze auto. 8 seeds started, 5 showed tap root, all 8 placed in rapid rooters, 3 are up and green. There's still a chance for better numbers but just for a fail safe I started some freebie autos. 1 ea, blimburn seeds sweetie auto, vision seeds northern lights auto, and g13 labs pineapple express auto. They all had a similar finish time and height can be trained with lst. I am soaking them now in paper towels and will start a journal for them as soon as I have all the seedlings I am going to get.

Hey newbie, i jus wanted to say I have read this journal up to this point and must say SPECTACULAR!!! I do understand it might end in a undesirable conclusion but I am a person that believes knowledge learned i worth more then any yield that can b obtained. I have jus bout a botanicare 2 x 4 ebb & flow system off CL for $125.00. Thats why this journal caught my eye due to my first grow being the same style. I have learned so much from this journal. And m not jus saying that u have taught me a lot and u should change ur avatar name to progrow!! Sorry m late to the party but I will b the last to leave it if u don't mind the extra company. And hopefully when I start my journal i can pick ur brain if anything and it will come up! Thanks for the great journal was true treat to read!!

Hey newbie, i jus wanted to say I have read this journal up to this point and must say SPECTACULAR!!! I do understand it might end in a undesirable conclusion but I am a person that believes knowledge learned i worth more then any yield that can b obtained. I have jus bout a botanicare 2 x 4 ebb & flow system off CL for $125.00. Thats why this journal caught my eye due to my first grow being the same style. I have learned so much from this journal. And m not jus saying that u have taught me a lot and u should change ur avatar name to progrow!! Sorry m late to the party but I will b the last to leave it if u don't mind the extra company. And hopefully when I start my journal i can pick ur brain if anything and it will come up! Thanks for the great journal was true treat to read!!
Thanks pino. I just chopped and trimmed what was worth trimming a couple nights ago to make room for the next plants. I hate I got that root rot though. Would've been a killer harvest.

So it looks like the next grow is going to be a multi strain grow. Due to some less than desired germination success rates with the flash seeds lemon haze auto. 8 seeds started, 5 showed tap root, all 8 placed in rapid rooters, 3 are up and green. There's still a chance for better numbers but just for a fail safe I started some freebie autos. 1 ea, blimburn seeds sweetie auto, vision seeds northern lights auto, and g13 labs pineapple express auto. They all had a similar finish time and height can be trained with lst. I am soaking them now in paper towels and will start a journal for them as soon as I have all the seedlings I am going to get.

Which link is it in your signature? Could you post one for everyone to follow and continue the saga... Great job newbiegrower

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom