The 420fied Plan

The 420fied Plan

Hello everyone,
Some of you know me from my prior journal. I've decided to journal my personal quest over the next year. This will be an ongoing journal and it's going to explain the who, what, when, how, where, and why of one Man's quest to prove that if you have enough brains, heart, and balls,....a single person can pull off a sizeable outdoor grow (200 plants+ ). We'll call it The 420fied Plan.

To properly execute any endeavor you must have a business plan and this is no exception. The reason that I am starting this journal now is because much of the planning is taking place now and I feel it's imperative to share my thoughts and ideas as I go in order for someone to truly grasp what I'm doing here.

Those of you that know me know that I will document the process as I go. However, I do want to mention that security is priority 1. Do not be surprised if you wake up one day to find that myself and this entire journal has vanished like a wisp of smoke in a strong wind. I imagine that things will get really spooky when trying to pull something like this off.... especially when doing it alone. Hopefully, there will be no worries.

Most folks are asking themselves.. "This guy is starting his 2010 grow journal in October of 2009?" Seems odd doesn't it? However, NOW is the time when all of the planning is done and in reality, the money made.
This operation will be a solo grow. My goals may or may not change throughout the process but looking at it now I can see 2 different scenarios playing out when it comes to goals. Let me explain:
If I run (200) auto flower AK-47 I will have a harvest goal of 160 ounces or 10 pounds by August 1, 2010. That's taking into account 20% attrition due to critters, mold, etc.

If I run regular Northern Lights I will have a harvest goal of 3 ounces per plant or 480 ounces(30 pounds). If I run NL, I won't transplant the plants outside until the middle of June because I want them to finish at 3 feet or less.
I'd gladly trade the NL for the auto-flowers for the simple fact that I can avoid the copters and most likely, the mold. Can you imagine harvesting on July 29?

There are problems here with the Auto's though:

It would take 3k to order the feminized Auto-AK seeds needed to pull this off and I won't do that. I've thought of growing 9 auto AK's in my aero unit and letting the males pollinate the females in the room to get beans. I could get 1-3,000 beans out of 4 fully seeded moms. The problem is that I've never bred plants and I don't know if I can pull it off. Even if I did I have no way of making sure that the seeds were feminized which is what I really need because after I put these plants out in June I do not want to visit them again until I harvest them. If I make my own seeds I will still have to sex the plants in the ground and pull the males. To get 200 fems I'd have to plant 400 plants and I doubt that will be an option in the end.

So either I find a way to get 200 fem'd Auto AK-47 seeds or I'll clip clones from a NL mother and do it that way.

Truthfully, as appealing as the fem'd auto AK's are, for budget reasons I see myself growing NL mothers and cutting clones from them to complete the job........More on that later.

........anyway, I'm going to start documenting things now. Depending on how things go, I may or may not run an indoor grow during the next couple of months. I was growing my old strain but have since decided to scrap plans and start fresh with a small remodel of a veg room and some fresh genetics.

I must go now but tomorrow I will start explaining the plan in great detail to give you an idea of where this is headed.
:peace:

Holy cow, can not wait to see how this all turns out. Good luck and just a thought. Reading you pre-grow it seems to me the only way that would make sense is clones. I think even with the fem. seed you could get a male or more and not checking on the plants until harvest. It would be a shame to have a bunch of plants that where ruined by a couple of rogue males. You would have 1000s of seeds but not sure thats what you would be looking for. Just a thought. Good luck again. + rep

Holy cow, can not wait to see how this all turns out. Good luck and just a thought. Reading you pre-grow it seems to me the only way that would make sense is clones. I think even with the fem. seed you could get a male or more and not checking on the plants until harvest. It would be a shame to have a bunch of plants that where ruined by a couple of rogue males. You would have 1000s of seeds but not sure thats what you would be looking for. Just a thought. Good luck again. + rep

I've thought about this. As bad as I hate it, it does seem that clones will be the way to go. I'd reallllly like to run some autos. In fact, I've considered running an early batch of autos(25 or so), to add to the regular run of NL.

:thanks:

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!! U know what I'm in!! U've got some nuts, that kinda scares me that ur doin this alone. Sounds like plenty of work. May I suggest u get a 50+lb Molosser type of dog? When u go to check out ur patch man for security reasons. If his bloodline isn't proven then, invest in some good training. I like ur approach to this journal. Too bad u can't clone auto flowers or can u? If so how would they finish? U plan on multiple plots? Hate to see something happen to all of them (god forbid) like hungry deer, males/rogue pollen, thieves, cops, bugs, or mold. Nice concept.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!! U know what I'm in!! U've got some nuts, that kinda scares me that ur doin this alone. Sounds like plenty of work. May I suggest u get a 50+lb Molosser type of dog? When u go to check out ur patch man for security reasons. If his bloodline isn't proven then, invest in some good training. I like ur approach to this journal. Too bad u can't clone auto flowers or can u? If so how would they finish? U plan on multiple plots? Hate to see something happen to all of them (god forbid) like hungry deer, males/rogue pollen, thieves, cops, bugs, or mold. Nice concept.

Thanks for the feedback and I will be explaining in detail about the plots, the plan, etc. Trust me, this has been in the works for a long time and it's been thought out. I will say that there will be more than 1 plot (likely up to 5). To answer your question on cloning autos: They only veg themselves for 2-3 weeks so they don't have the time to fill out to provide you with many clones at all. I'm guessing you could do it on a very small scale(1 or 2 per plant) but you'd have to grow 50 mothers to get 100 clones.... lol.

The major work will be the trim/hang but I'll have a little help on that.

Good stuff. I'm with ya on this one too. How tall do auto flowers typically finish ourdoor. I know AK is a branchy variety that has (stretched on me indoors) the ability to grow fairly tall. I also realize that plants in the sun gow much more vigorously (ur ScrOG grow kinda makes me doubt this a little). But I have no clue about the Ruderallis roots of the genetics. I've only seen a few pics. I was also wondering how do the autoflowering strains smoke? I was reading a few reports on Ruderallis being a harsh smoke capable of giving head aches (I believe I read this in one of Ed Rosenthal's Book of Big Buds, 4get which volume). This just made me think that with a potential investment that large I hope u get a hold of the best, most proven autoflower strain genetics. Different phenos may display more of the less undesirable Ruderallis traits. I'm speaking mostly of unstable genetics. Hope I'm not too chatty, just high and ur plan has me thinking. I needed that. I like this already.

Before starting this, let me apologize for being detailed to the point of rambling but my wish is to leave a blueprint for others to follow. ....and as you know, any good set of blueprints have lots and lots of detail.

OK.... lets take a look at the planting part of the plan:

All of the plots are remote and owned either by Timber companies or other entities. The properties have been watched for years and the activity/history of each is well documented. What I mean is, there won't be any housing developments going up the day after we plant. :)

There will be anywhere from 10 to 50 plants in any given spot and even those will spaced in a way that they are not obvious to those that may stumble upon them. 2 here and 3 there leaves much less of a footprint than 8 or 10 together.

If I use a normal strain(NL) I will plant them in mid-June as to keep them at 3 feet or less when finished. If I run autos I will plant them the first of May. I may run both in the end.

I'm going to run the normals in the same fashion as the autos.... small holes(5-7 liters) with a good medium and some polymer water crystals. The water crystals will allow me to avoid manually watering 200 plants which would be virtually impossible....not to mention a ridiculous security risk.

I will dig the holes, carry the soil, grow the babies, plant and harvest them by myself. I'll get help on the trim and hang but before that it's a 1 man band...just the way I like it.

The only people in the know are my Wife and you guys.

Good stuff. I'm with ya on this one too. How tall do auto flowers typically finish ourdoor. I know AK is a branchy variety that has (stretched on me indoors) the ability to grow fairly tall. I also realize that plants in the sun gow much more vigorously (ur ScrOG grow kinda makes me doubt this a little). But I have no clue about the Ruderallis roots of the genetics. I've only seen a few pics. I was also wondering how do the autoflowering strains smoke? I was reading a few reports on Ruderallis being a harsh smoke capable of giving head aches (I believe I read this in one of Ed Rosenthal's Book of Big Buds, 4get which volume). This just made me think that with a potential investment that large I hope u get a hold of the best, most proven autoflower strain genetics. Different phenos may display more of the less undesirable Ruderallis traits. I'm speaking mostly of unstable genetics. Hope I'm not too chatty, just high and ur plan has me thinking. I needed that. I like this already.

Every indication is that the Auto AK-47 strain from Dope-seeds is one of the most potent and best yielding autos. There are reports of 40 grams per plant outdoors. They finish between 14-30 inches. I've never smoked an auto but have read good things. I know AK-47 is a nice strain.

BACCTO Professional Planting Mix

BACCTO Professional Planting Mix is a high quality scientifically formulated growing media to ensure the optimum growth potential. This professional mix is blended in a special system that provides uniformity, easy handling, and the highest possible consistency from shipment to shipment. Pre-moistened BACCTO Professional Planting Mix is formulated to enhance the growth of bedding and potted crops in flats, pots, and hanging baskets where higher moisture reserves and shelf life are needed.

Mix Characteristics Include:

pH-stable pre-moistened sphagnum peat and perlite mixture
pH-adjusted by adding dolomitic lime
High nutrient and pH buffering
A balance of major and minor nutrients and wetting agents
Excellent air porosity and high moisture reserve balance
"Grower friendly" composition that's easy to handle

Composition:

Pre-moistened sphagnum peat
Coarse perlite
Dolomitic limestone
Balanced nutrient charge with trace elements
Wetting agent

This medium comes in bags that are (2 cubic feet)..... 5-7 liter holes (57 liters = 2 cubic feet) means I'll be able to fill 10 holes per bag..... hence 20 bags of medium will be needed at startup. I've grown with this medium for years and it does a great job.

To take a closer look at this product check here:
BACCTO Professional Planting Mix

200 plants and one person tending them? I grew outdoors for 17 seasons, growing 175-250 plants a season. There were a total of 7 people that I trusted enough to help me handle all the work, and it was never enough. Sounds like you are jumping into the deep end right away. If you were to grow 50 NL#5, you could yield anywhere from 70-100lbs dried if you maintained a good crop. You may want to think about starting a little smaller. I admire the hell out of your ambition, but wonder if you comprehend the amount of work you're taking on. The soil preperation alone, 200 3'x3'x3' holes is alot of freakin holes, 200 cubic yards of hand excavation...that's enough to fill 10 dump trucks. Humping nutes to 200 plants is enough to herniate even the most fit person. Unless you have significant assistance, you should consider going a bit smaller.

200 plants and one person tending them? I grew outdoors for 17 seasons, growing 175-250 plants a season. There were a total of 7 people that I trusted enough to help me handle all the work, and it was never enough. Sounds like you are jumping into the deep end right away. If you were to grow 50 NL#5, you could yield anywhere from 70-100lbs dried if you maintained a good crop. You may want to think about starting a little smaller. I admire the hell out of your ambition, but wonder if you comprehend the amount of work you're taking on. The soil preperation alone, 200 3'x3'x3' holes is alot of freakin holes, 200 cubic yards of hand excavation...that's enough to fill 10 dump trucks. Humping nutes to 200 plants is enough to herniate even the most fit person. Unless you have significant assistance, you should consider going a bit smaller.

Read my plan as I go and you'll see that I do not intend to execute a plan where I dig a 5x5x5 hole in my yard and tend to it daily. I agree that if that were possible, 5 or 10 NL plants would do. However, this is straight Guerrilla and I'm expecting a yield of 1-3 ounces per plant......not 1-3 pounds....so things will be manageable.

No humping nutes.... no watering..... no soil prep..... stick around and see if it can be done by 1 man.

Thanks for responding so quick. Alright well I'm buckled in. Read about the polymers and excited to see how that works. Man u pull this off my man and...........man I just wanna be able to say I witnessed it from its conception. If U know U can do this, GO 4 IT!!! Although I do c Southern Weed's point having bit off more than I can chew a couple times. I'm a at a 50% success rate with it. Good luck to u bro. Ur grows seem to keep gettin better and better.

I may have missed something or didn't understand what you were saying, as you know I'm a noob. If you would really like to grow with seeds why don't you do that small indoor grow that you were thinking about and create them then?
I going to watch this for sure. You've already amazed me with you last grow.

I may have missed something or didn't understand what you were saying, as you know I'm a noob. If you would really like to grow with seeds why don't you do that small indoor grow that you were thinking about and create them then?
I going to watch this for sure. You've already amazed me with you last grow.

Thanks for the kind words.

I could do that with the autos but then I'd have to sex all of the plants in the plots which will be a major headache as well as a major security risk.... the key is keeping a low profile.

I need to make sure that the autos are female. Unless I found a way to create feminized seeds it would not be worth it and I'm not knowledgeable enough to do this. I think I could create seeds but I don't know how to create feminized seeds. Therefore I'd have to dig 400 holes to get the desired 200 females.....again....not worth it.

If I can't cut a deal on a bulk of feminized autos I will most likely run clones. I'm working on a deal as we speak. I'll keep everyone posted.

$3000 does not seem like a large amount of money to invest in fem. seeds when you are talking 10-30 pounds of yield, that's assuming you will not be giving away your crop when your done.
Maybe look for potential investors for seed money...

$3000 does not seem like a large amount of money to invest in fem. seeds when you are talking 10-30 pounds of yield, that's assuming you will not be giving away your crop when your done.
Maybe look for potential investors for seed money...

This is true, and I have thought of this. However, I am too tight to send 3k across the pond for beans. That may change in the end because I reallllllllly want to run the fem'd autos.

If all goes as planned(10-15 pds on autos), I'd be able to harvest in mid July and that 3k investment could fetch 60-80k which = 2-3,000% profit....not bad huh? ...lol

With a regular strain it could fetch 150-200k but as your harvest window moves into sept/oct you risk a much greater chance of encountering copters, mold, hunters, rippers on the lookout, etc......

The investor thing blows my cover so that's out. Money isn't the issue....it's me being a tightwad.

All things considered, I'd rather run the autos.

Back
Top Bottom