The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

One last couple of pics, I'm getting really tired of this computer today. Need to give my ol' eyes a break.

I found some wild roses today, never knew those were around either:

6-29_33.jpg

6-29_32.jpg

That's it for tonights' episode. I have more pics to resize etc., hopefully will get to them tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for popping in ya'll.
:circle-of-love:

What ever the lanky plants are called they are common around here. They have a fun Dr. Seuss vibe to them. I learned about using them to make dye when we did a mini-unit on traditional Navajo rug weaving back in the sixth grade. Don't you dare call me a pedant! Oh, when you boil them it stinks to high heaven. They practically had to evacuate the whole wing of classrooms when we did it. :)

Wow Canna your yard is magnificent. I understand why you stay during the winter now.....:circle-of-love:

Thank you Dennise! Hopefully all of these pictures will keep me planted this coming winter with thoughts of the next summers' rewards.

I have a webpage online with all of these pictures posted too. That's for sharing with family though. ;-)

Have a great day.

:circle-of-love:

Back at the Ranch I found some more wild daisies while I was trying to sneak up on a Great Blue Heron on the edge of the pond. He eluded me, he's got some sharp eyes which explains how he catches those fish. Maybe I'll sit in the hunting blind this afternoon and try to get a shot after my wood splitting is done.

Daisy_5.jpg

Daisy_6.jpg

Daisy_4.jpg

Daisy_2.jpg

Daisy_3.jpg

Daisy_1.jpg

Just a few more before I get to work. I'm procrastinating this morning. :)

My walk was productive. These first two are for Lester, it's not the snapper I've been trying to get a shot of. It is a distant cousin, I'm sure.

These box turtles have a breeding ground at the coyote chow line area every year:

Turtle_1.jpg

Box_turtle_2.jpg

I have painted turtles here too. I'm sure I'll get some pics of those before the season is over.

Back
Top Bottom