AustraliaDaySevenOutandClass_090.jpg

AustraliaDaySevenOutandClass_083.jpg

AustraliaDaySevenOutandClass_081.jpg

AustraliaDaySevenOutandClass_084.jpg

AustraliaDaySevenOutandClass_089.jpg

AustraliaDaytwoOuting_047.jpg

AustraliaDaySevenOutandClass_087.jpg

AustraliaDaytwoOuting_043.jpg

The first flower is an Australian bottlebrush tree, then you have three different tropical hybiscus, the red flower I don't know.

These grow wild next to my long driveway. I haven't a clue what they are called. For some reason these remind me of the Bio Raptor creatures in the movie "Pitch Black" with Vin Diesel.

pitch_black1.jpg

pitch_black_2.jpg

Pitch_black_3.jpg

This is a type of Columbine.

These tall and lanky plants are about 4' high on just the stalk area. They are starting to bloom out with some beautiful yellow flowers:

6-29_25.jpg

6-29_24.jpg

6-29_23.jpg

The flowers on this are very tiny. Smaller than my pinky nail. Inside they look like they are growing mini acorn squash:

6-29_22.jpg

And here's the difference between having a tripod and not. This picture is with the tripod:

6-29_20.jpg

I think it's a much clearer shot than I have been seeing.

The first photo of the yellow flower spike is Mullein.

:thanks: GardenFaerie! I just knew you would be able to identify some of those. :high-five:

Welcome to the thread and thanks again for taking time to help with names.

It's funny, Milkweeds were everywhere when we were kids and we were always breaking them open and getting our hands all mucky with the "milk" and silk stuff inside. I never noticed how they actually start out as pretty flowers.

:circle-of-love:

My short walk this morning found another Box turtle heading across the yard:

Turtle21.jpg

This little squirrel appears to be saying "Where's the food?". I stopped putting seed in the bird feeder, there is plenty for birds to eat around here this time of year.

Squirrel1.jpg

And a hanging plant for some color this morning:

Flowers51.jpg

I knew I had taken a pic of that Robin's nest in the Honeysuckle, but could not find it. It was on my old phone:

Robins_Nest.jpg

Very nice. I love milkweed. I grew quite a bit from seeds I collected here and there. They are covered in aphids, which is nice because it attracts lacewings and ladybeetles. I have plenty of both, especially when it is cooler out.

Cannafan, may I ask what kind of camera you use? You do what I do...you find a frame or like Lester also does, find the sun ray on something and photograph it with the texture of the light. I love photography, but I need a great camera. I looked at the Canon line. I'd really like an SLR which is both digital and film. I don't know if they make those.

I have not done any research yet.

Very nice. I love milkweed. I grew quite a bit from seeds I collected here and there. They are covered in aphids, which is nice because it attracts lacewings and ladybeetles. I have plenty of both, especially when it is cooler out.

Cannafan, may I ask what kind of camera you use? You do what I do...you find a frame or like Lester also does, find the sun ray on something and photograph it with the texture of the light. I love photography, but I need a great camera. I looked at the Canon line. I'd really like an SLR which is both digital and film. I don't know if they make those.

I have not done any research yet.

Hi GF,

I had quite a few years of training for framing and composition of a shot etc. It sticks with you. Remember the grid screens on the cameras to help you frame your shots and keep your horizon straight? I think I have that permanently embedded in my eyes. LOL

Believe it or not, almost every photo on this thread has been taken with a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. I use a rigged up tripod fixture to hold the phone. I think I posted that a few pages back. I carry a monopod with me to help steady my shots too.
The phone camera is 16 Megapixels, which is more than any of the standard digital cameras I have here. There are lots of special effects available on the camera software too, but I don't really use them at all.

Going SLR digital and film camera is still possible. A lot of the college students around here use them. I have no idea what the cost is on them, but I do love Canon cameras. They were my go to brand outside of Nikon in the film years. And the Canon digitals are very user friendly.

Hope that helps some.

:circle-of-love:

Yes, it does help. Framing is an art and I too remember my Nikon and Nikkomat and also Pentax and I do have a good film camera now. I like digital for shots like we post here. Easy. But when I travel or take walks through the woods, I want a CAMERA. My phone has a 4mp camera, sucks. In a pinch, I suppose. Now if I can figure out how to make a phone call or do just about anything on it.
Does anyone know the term, alta cocker? Look it up and have yourself a laugh. My photo will be in the dictionary.

Awesome explanations Canna. For everyones info my pictures are taken with an Iphone 4s. Sometimes I lower the exposure level and increase the contrast after the fact. Sometimes it helps reduce the glare and bring out the vibrance.

I really have a lot of respect for the true beauty in this thread :circle-of-love:

Not only the beautiful pictures, plants, but the people are most important.

I really enjoy having you folks around :allgood:

I agree, Lester. I think I've found a bunch of people I'll probably be in touch with for a good chunk of life yet.

I can't think of anyone who I really don't like. Of course there are people everywhere who you...ahem, you know. But they are only a few. Most here are lovely, well read individuals. And if that sounds snobby, sorry. There is only one thing which annoys me to no end, and that one thing is ignorance. May I never be ignorant, but if I am I hope someone straightens me out.

Awesome explanations Canna. For everyones info my pictures are taken with an Iphone 4s. Sometimes I lower the exposure level and increase the contrast after the fact. Sometimes it helps reduce the glare and bring out the vibrance.

I really have a lot of respect for the true beauty in this thread :circle-of-love:

Not only the beautiful pictures, plants, but the people are most important.

I really enjoy having you folks around :allgood:

And we enjoy having you around too Lester. :circle-of-love:

One thing I forgot to mention on photographing things in bright sunlight, is that sunlight washes out colors. I try to take photographs in shady conditions, wait for a cloud to go over or stand in front of the subject to block it a bit. If that can't happen, it helps to bring a plain ol' paper plate along with you and hold it between the subject and the sun so the bright light isn't hitting it directly. A white paper plate reflects a much softer light onto the subject and keeps the colors truer.

Hope that helps!

I put some apples in the food dehydrator this morning, with a little cinnyminimum sprinkled on them. My house smells awesome!
Now, while I was cutting up the apples I set the seeds aside. I'm going to research a bit and see if I can germ these seeds and get a tree started in my grow area.

:cheer:

You probably can germinate the apple seed, but you probably won't get many apples. Apples are fruits which are grafted onto other root stock, so the seed you get won't be the same apple as you ate. It may revert to a crab apple. It's best to buy fruit trees bare root from a good nursery. You can buy a 5 foot tree for 15 dollars in the spring. Usually, they are available here in late January when it is time to plant. Best time is in the fall, but many nurseries don't have bare root stock in fall.

Canna look what I found blooming in the garden today, it was from a viney type of plant that was growing from underneath the jasmine. Not sure what it is but it looks really cool, like a Tiger! Never seen this before in my garden. Maybe you know, or GF can ID it for us. :surf: :circle-of-love:
IMG_260111.JPG
IMG_26009.JPG

Back
Top Bottom