The Best of the IRIE Garden

Drying/curing- I cut the plant down and then do my first trim right away. The trim then goes into the freezer ( the sooner the better after cut) for hash. Then then are hung for 4-7 days ( depends on humidity) in a dark closet ( if humidity is up then a breeze is added). Then it is put into jars, for the curing process. After that it comes own to trial and error, but I like to try to wick the moisture out slower then most. I put my herb in jars wetter then most, ( lots of trial an error), then burp as needed. I just try to let her cure slowly, it is usually about a month or so after harvest until it is ready for consumption.... This also allows all the herb to sit on eachother an compact them into some tight little nuggies... I screwed up a lot of good herb trying to dial this process in.
I think it is more about the taste an smoothness of a well cured bud rather then the looks. I have seen beautiful quick drie herb, but when you taste them you know that some shortcuts were taken.... Nothing compares to a slow dried, well cured nug.....

Drying/curing- I cut the plant down and then do my first trim right away. The trim then goes into the freezer ( the sooner the better after cut) for hash. Then then are hung for 4-7 days ( depends on humidity) in a dark closet ( if humidity is up then a breeze is added). Then it is put into jars, for the curing process. After that it comes own to trial and error, but I like to try to wick the moisture out slower then most. I put my herb in jars wetter then most, ( lots of trial an error), then burp as needed. I just try to let her cure slowly, it is usually about a month or so after harvest until it is ready for consumption.... This also allows all the herb to sit on eachother an compact them into some tight little nuggies... I screwed up a lot of good herb trying to dial this process in.
I think it is more about the taste an smoothness of a well cured bud rather then the looks. I have seen beautiful quick drie herb, but when you taste them you know that some shortcuts were taken.... Nothing compares to a slow dried, well cured nug.....

Great explanation... I found this out on my last grow, definitely liked the nugs that were Jarred more wet than dry.... allowed the taste to come out more and you could take a full bongrip and barely feel any harshness... definitely agree.... a well cured bud is much better than a pretty but harsh nug!!!

I am always amazed that people will put in all kinds of time and effort into their plants only to take a short cut at the end, no bueno in my book...

Chillin the pipe
nutz1.jpg

Hanis
DSC042001.JPG

Hanis5.jpg

DSC04198.JPG

DSC04195.JPG

DSC04199.JPG

:peace:

That hannis looks fantastic!!! I don't know if I would rather just eat the nug or smoke it...or just shove one up my nostril and smell heaven for a few hours.... lol

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
my buds are half that size :( prob even a quarter they are in 5th week flower and well don look anything like that!!!!
aww well at least as one guy said to me doesnt matter what they look like as long as u get high don matter lol

good job tho KUDO'S!!!!:goodjob::thumb::circle-of-love::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::bravo::cheer:

DjScribbzUK said:
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
my buds are half that size :( prob even a quarter they are in 5th week flower and well don look anything like that!!!!
aww well at least as one guy said to me doesnt matter what they look like as long as u get high don matter lol

good job tho KUDO'S!!!!:goodjob::thumb::circle-of-love::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::bravo::cheer:

Don't worry bro! Urs still have alot of swelling left if it's jus at week 5!! Ital grow irie!!!

Thanks guys... :thanks:

The Hanis is almost ready to be tasted....
DSC042091.JPG

Buffalo Bill
DSC042121.JPG

Churps, I have been going through some seeds waiting for a male or a special female to come along. A friend is growing some out to and he thinks he may have a male ( keeping fingers crossed)....
DSC04215.JPG

DSC04216.JPG

:Namaste:

Wow!!! This is "hands down" my favorite thread on 420mag. I am seriously determined to , one day, have a thread of this quality. Great work, brother!

:bravo: My favorite pic.........

DSC032231.JPG

Dam u have a lot of plants going thro that place keep up the great work i love all ur plants and that they have produese what kind of light u runing and what line of nute do u used

:thanks: My favorite part of trimming.... Scissor hash.....

You have some mad skills, really enjoyed your thread. I have been saving my scissor hash for a while :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks

Dang, Haven't been here in a bit, I took the summer off from growing indoors this year, as it is just to expensive and to much of a pain in the ass in general with limited funds... So the outdoor ladies got some attention....
Churps- Got just over a LB off of her
churps15.jpg

churps24.jpg

churps24.jpg

churpsOD.jpg

churpsOD1.jpg

churpsOD3.jpg

churpsOD2.jpg

:)
oil1.jpg

:peace:

Back