The IRIE Garden

Since I have my hands full I figures I would just start a continuous grow journal. If I do something different from the usual I will start a different log. So my plan is to put 2-3 plants into flowering every 30 days or so. I will pick out some mommas of the strains we really like and keep them going, otherwise we will continue the search for the GF's med. strain..We have decided to do them both organically and chemically. Half or so will be all organic from seed/clone to harvest and the same with chems and will not combine org/chem nutes..It's one or the other no in between...
The first set of strains are Sensi Star, Connie Chung, and LA confidential (30days into veg) Next will be Blue thunder,Alaskan Ice, Kush Berry, and White Widow(8 days in veg). We have two OG clones that are taking hold and showing new growth (one much better then the other)
Here are the Nutes that will be used..
picresized_th_1236593576_nutes.jpg

The next generation. The two big ones are going into the flower room to be sexed. They are twice the size of the other two that are the same age. Wanna see if they are male. if one is female she will go back into veg.
IrieGardenday31overhead.jpg

picresizedIriegardenday31.jpg

Questions or suggestions are always welcome... :peace:

Massive set of nutes you got there, now im gona learn about early sexing and putting back in veg, how long things take and so on.. Thanks for sharing :)

Looks great man, I'm looking forward to yet another awesome grow. I can feel the Irie vibes spreadin' already... :ganjamon:
Count me in:popcorn:

My favorite part is the keep off the grass sign. I want one!

I had to really look to find it, lol thats funny dude!
I have one suggestion for ya to consider Be, thats to do away with the alaska fish emulsion, the stuff is really rank because they use heat to process it; for a less stinky alternative try Neptunes Harvest. Its like Coors, cold filtered, lol and no smell. Whats the strawberries for?

Thanks everyone for the good words.... Fly, I hate that shit, the dog even runs when I crack it open. I don't use it much cause I hate dealing with it.. Consider it gone and I will look at the Neptune's... I was just going to finish it then look at something different.. I will donate the Alaskan to the outdoor ferts... Thanks for the info. I figured they all smelled like that... :smokin:
I have acquired the collection of nutes.. The GB is 1.5 years old and has over 3/4 left and the TB is a little over half full... They will get used up now though...The dry fruit is from age old 2-10-20, I use it as part of my soil regiment for flowering. It was just mixed in with the micro grow plants, so I have no idea if it is any good or not..
The "keep off the grass" sign was stolen from a little herb garden kit my GF's father got for her... I told him it was in the medicinal herb garden now..:smokin::cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Not much going on in here. Looks like both OG clones are going to make it. They are growing slowly but surely... The Connie Chung and Sensi Star have been in 12/12 for two nights, hopefully I will see sex here soon.
NextGen1.jpg

:peace:

Yeah Be. Good idea keeping a continuous grow journal. Looks like you're not gonna be hurtin' for nutes. :grinjoint:

So, would you say that you'll be keeping around 6 plants at a time in your flower room?

Also, you mentioned that you weren't going to be mixing organic and chemical nutes, or is it that you're just not going to add any chem nutes to the organically grown plants (not vice versa)? The reason I asked is that with the FF stuff, they recommend using Big Bloom organic along with the chemical nutes. I'm considering going totally organic on one plant as a test, if I can figure out a feeding schedule using the Age Old grow and bloom stuff I picked up awhile back. ;)

I know this will be a great journal so count me as subscribed!! :smokin:

Harry

Thanks you two...
I am hoping to have between 4and 6 plants in the flowering room at all times. If I get some more patients then I will adjust as needed.
As for the nutes, What I really want is an all organic plant, so I think when it comes down to it the chems will be mixed but will be mostly chems. The organic will be all organic. 2008 was to learn the plant and everything I could about it, different strains and growing characteristics, and try as many med strains as possible.
2009 is going to be to work on soil mixes and organics and to try and get some breeding done.
I plan on getting fems of all the new strains we decide on. If we like them, we will then order regular seeds and get them in the growing and breeding projects.. I have spread some of the LA male pollen on a few of the Bubblicious nugs and will hopefully get some seeds..
Hey Bubba, you or your nephew have any advice,tips or suggestions for the OG.. Are they finicky, do they not stretch very much being the Indica variety??? Once they get some more growth hopefully Rob or you can tell if they are OG's... Never know these days.... :peace:

they are finicky... Rob can tell for sure...those photos of the sativa og are the best ive ever seen...as far as mine went they didnt produce a whole lot...they were stressed in the beginning and had the powdery mold and seeemed to be struggling the whole time they did end up looking really good once they joined the others under the 1000. You definately have the ability to grow any strain..i have full confidence in you.. you have show to be a pro for sure title holder at that!!

Thanks for the info and the vote of confidence Bubba....
Everyone seems to be doing well, neither of the two I am sexing have showed sex yet. The OG clones have gained their foothold and are now taking off... So here is the next Generation..
OG Kush clones. In soil for 14 days
OGclonesday13.jpg

Sensi Star (top left) Connie Chung (top right) LA confidential (Bot. Left) Sensi Star (bot right) day 35
SSCCLAday35.jpg

White Widow, Kush Berry, Alaskan Ice, Blue Thunder day 13...Fems except for the BT..
WWKBAIBT13.jpg

The veg room....
Iriegarden35.jpg

Green and Healthy Be Irie. Changing up and keeping thr 4-6 in flowering room is an added bonus once cycling is down. As you mentioned the strains and the different characteristics in growing them, you are correct. Each has its own way of wanting to grow and produce. My wife explains it to me as that each are women and need to be cared for in their own special way.

Just thought I would give you a quick update. Everyone is doing good, moved the two I want to let grow for a bit into 3 gal containers. The rest went into 2 gal containers and will be sexed in those and then moved to bigger containers if they are female. In 15 days three will be going into the flower room ( haven't decided who yet) I gave a patient one of the OG clones and an Alaskan Ice plant... I will get a clone or two when it is ready. So here are 6 of the 8 i have going. The other two in the flower room still have not showed sex ( males I bet). here they are the oldest being 41 days into 12/12
picresizedIriegardenday41.jpg

some good and surprising news today. the Connie Chung and a Sensi Star are female, they sprouted their first hairs today. I thought for sure by how fast they are growing and how long it took to show me their sex that they were going to be male for sure...I had picked the SS as my next pollen candidate, not anymore... :ganjamon: So this means that I am going to put those two back in the veg room and put the other SS and the LA to see what they are..It took them 11 days into 12/12 to show..
Sensi Star
ssfemalehairs.jpg

Sensi_stars_hairs.jpg

Connie Chung
conniechungfemhairs.jpg

Ok, thought I would catch this up a little bit.. I made up my flowering mix and transplanted my sensi Star, connie chung and tomorrow will do the Blue thunder, and those three will join the flowering room here very soon.
White Widow day 24
WWday24.jpg

Blue Thunder day 24
BTday24.jpg

KushBerry day 24
picresizedKBday24.jpg

OG Kush clone day 24
picresizedOGKushcloneday24.jpg

I love the sign! looks like the plants love the clean mountain air!

Back
Top Bottom