The IRIE Garden

I have grown at sea level ( grew on a cliff overlooking the beach one time, when I went surfing I could see it and check on it) But they were only outdoor and that was 20 years ago...

I have often thought about what the difference was when growing at high altitudes compared to the lower ones. (indoors)

The ever more important question... how is smoking at the 2 different altitudes? I know when I go to CO I am quite winded the first day or two until I adjust. I remember the first time I went to CO near Breckenridge I ran up the stairs of the condo and nearly passed out at the top. Other strange things I noticed were when you open anything carbonated it seems to fizz up and go flat rather quickly. I suppose this is due to less atmospheric pressure holding the gas in the fluid compared to sea level. So with there being less air molecules the "higher" up you go ..lol.. I wonder if the smoke to less air molecule ratio has a noticeable effect on your high. Or perhaps if the effect is opposite.. someone is acclimated to high altitude were to come to sea level and rip a bowl would they get higher then usual since they have what would seem to them a super concentrated amount of O2 that would speed the delivery of cannabinoids to their system.

I'll tell you what Be.. you come out here and we'll rip some of my shit as soon as you touch down then we'll head off to your place and rip some of your and document the results.. lol.. :peace:

Well from my experience growing up in Colorado you get more ripped at higher altitude.

I have often thought about what the difference was when growing at high altitudes compared to the lower ones. (indoors)

If both elevations were outdoors, probably more thc at altitude due to increased UV. More growth in general because less days where the temperature was so high that growth halted. More day-to-night temperature differential is supposed to be good too but I can't remember why. Probably more sunny days with more total daylight than at sea level for more growth in general. More cooler nights for more purple in the plants?

Dunno how this would relate to indoors other than the usual "you can control the environment but have less head space" deal.

When we used to go from San Diego up to Mammoth lakes it was crazy, no matter what you smoked it hit hard. I got completely smashed on one long Island ice tea, and that's when I was a drinker... And you get used to it. we don't get anymore medicated when we go from 5,500 ft up to my parents mountain house @ almost 10, 000 ft... We are getting feet of snow, so tomorrow if we can get up the mountain, I should be able to smoke @ around 12,000 ft.... It's a Vail day tomorrow!!!!!
I have friends and relatives that come up and end up in the hyperbaric chamber...

I miss Vail, Lived there in the winter and Leadville in the summer. Good hippie growers in Midturn.

When we used to go from San Diego up to Mammoth lakes it was crazy, no matter what you smoked it hit hard.

Yeah it was always a rush to go from the OC beach communities up to Mammoth or Tahoe...and I always made sure to have the best sinsemilla up in the mountains.

The plants are looking awesome. :cheer:

The ever more important question... how is smoking at the 2 different altitudes? I know when I go to CO I am quite winded the first day or two until I adjust. I remember the first time I went to CO near Breckenridge I ran up the stairs of the condo and nearly passed out at the top. Other strange things I noticed were when you open anything carbonated it seems to fizz up and go flat rather quickly. I suppose this is due to less atmospheric pressure holding the gas in the fluid compared to sea level. So with there being less air molecules the "higher" up you go ..lol.. I wonder if the smoke to less air molecule ratio has a noticeable effect on your high. Or perhaps if the effect is opposite.. someone is acclimated to high altitude were to come to sea level and rip a bowl would they get higher then usual since they have what would seem to them a super concentrated amount of O2 that would speed the delivery of cannabinoids to their system.

I'll tell you what Be.. you come out here and we'll rip some of my shit as soon as you touch down then we'll head off to your place and rip some of your and document the results.. lol.. :peace:

yup : water takes longer to boil as well as food takes longer to cook to, usually 2 minutes longer on everything. Plants look great beirie!

yup : water takes longer to boil as well as food takes longer to cook to, usually 2 minutes longer on everything. Plants look great beirie!

I thought it boiled faster at altitude (less pressure = lower temperature).

I learn something every day here.

Its does boil faster at alt, but takes longer to cook because the temp of the water is lower. Think of a presure cooker higher pressure=more heat=fast cooking.

Its does boil faster at alt, but takes longer to cook because the temp of the water is lower. Think of a presure cooker higher pressure=more heat=fast cooking.

I knew about things taking longer to cook due to the lower pressure. ]

The lower pressure was the reason I thought the water must boil faster (or stated more correctly, "Come to a boil in a shorter amount of time,"). If pressure is low enough, water will boil at 70°F, although of course that is not an environment that a person is likely to find themselves in under normal circumstances lol. But... Since the boiling point - point meaning temperature - is lowered, and the heat produced by the instrument of heating/"cooking" is likely to be substantially similar to the heat of same instrument at sea level and therefore transferring the same amount of BTUs to the water... Well, you undoubtedly see what I'm getting at.

But I just realized that this whole "boiling water" thing has nothing to do with Be Irie's garden. I must apologize to him and to all of the rest of you; I have mental issues that often cause me to focus on small details like this for no reason.

Now, for my next trick I will boil water over a gas flame in a paper cup:slide:. Just kidding (although it can be done quite easily and is one of the easier ways to win $25 from one's dumber friends lmao).

A big thanks goes out to you all. Your kiind words mean more then you know....
I think my Sense stars are going to be my next pain in the ass plant. I am seeing burning and they have never seen a chem. I am hoping I didn't mix my soil to hot. It also looks like the Blue Thunder is a little sensitive with nutrients. I am going to stop with nutrients with the ones that are showing me burning already and just feed them PH'd water to see what happens.
TS, no worries, this is the most action this journal has seen yet..Hopefully we got it out of our system and can get back down to business...

Thanks everybody..... I am down to five in the veg room soon to be six as I am picking up a sour D clone. She will be my other mother for now.. That will give me the OG Kush, La Confidential, and the sour D which I will keep going for as long as possible.. The White widow, Sensi Star, and the kushberry will go into flower in about a month.. So now I get to figure out what I am going to germ for the next round. A shot of the veggers.
Left side White Widow Back is the LA and the OG front two is the Kushberry and the Sensi Star... day 29 except LA which is on day 51..
picresizednextgenday29.jpg

:peace:

They sure do look good! I love watching good gardens grow. Irie good job!

Back
Top Bottom