The IRIE Garden

She needs no help... The crimp starts my LST. I will not let her stand back up straight, but use the crimp as my first bend, and will aim her where I want her to go... :ganjamon:

Is your camera having issues or are you playing with a "color swap" mode? if you are it makes for some great pics! The first purple pic I saw I tripped out big time until I looked real close and noticed the pinkish light didn't really follow any particular pattern. The Blue Thunder looks amazing...

<---- jealous :nicethread:

Whoops!

It is a Procyon 100... look it up if you want the specs, or check out my Procyon journal... I just use that for veg...
picresizedLED_light.jpg

Cool...I checked out their webpage, not cheap though! I often can't help but wonder how much it costs to build things like that due to my engineering background. I remember when the super bright LED's first came out and then you started seeing them in flashlights and whatnot. Always thought to myself, those are so easy to design...I should design something. Then they started perfecting crystal production with Germanium and other somewhat exotic materials and were able to perfect LED's of all different kinds of colors. Now look what they've gone and done! lol

I wonder how much those CREE LED's go for, I'm sure they're getting them in bulk for a discount but I don't see where it would be hard to rig one up yourself if you had the money. A good voltage converter and regulator would be must, probably run nearly as much as the LED's. Anyway, I'm blabbering...ignore me :)

I wonder how much those CREE LED's go for, I'm sure they're getting them in bulk for a discount but I don't see where it would be hard to rig one up yourself if you had the money. A good voltage converter and regulator would be must, probably run nearly as much as the LED's. Anyway, I'm blabbering...ignore me :)

There's a thread around here somewhere about LEDs that got a wee bit technical. It might be a few pages back in one of the forums. There is also usually at least one thread that is current (on the top page of whatever forum it's in).

I just read (and responded to) such a thread in which someone listed using 23 different wavelengths.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look around for them...I have an electrical engineering degree so this kind of stuff floats my boat even if I never get around to actually designing/building any of them.

All of you may want to buy a new incandescent light bulb and pack it away somewhere to show your great grandchildren because it won't be long before they are obsolete...I'm going to conservatively estimate 2020. Heck, we're already seeing CFL's making a large push on the market and LED's are much more efficient.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll look around for them.

I'm subscribed to several of them. Must have hit a mental pothole (that hit back harder than expected) or I would have thought to flip through a few pages of threads and give you the links. But it looks like you've found them lol.

All of you may want to buy a new incandescent light bulb and pack it away somewhere to show your great grandchildren because it won't be long before they are obsolete...I'm going to conservatively estimate 2020. Heck, we're already seeing CFL's making a large push on the market and LED's are much more efficient.

I wonder what the total cost of an incandescent is versus the total cost of a CFL? I realize that a 26-watt CFL consumes less electricity than a 75- or 100-watt incandescent. But there are considerations such as bulb lifespans in the typical environment it is used in - aren't CFLs' (well, any types') lifespans shortened when they are turned on and off several times per day as opposed to constant run? - and also the cost (in "right now dollars" and in environmental impact) of manufacturing and disposal. Seems like I heard that such total cost for some things that are looked at as being good for the environment can be higher than they seem at first glance (such as one of those hybrid / electric vehicles).

Oops: Could I get any more off-topic, lol? Be IRIE - my apologies!

Quick response to Tortured and I'm done with helping him derail this thread :D

Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs ? A Tale From Dust to Dust | the Watt

Summary: Leaving the CFL's on for at least 15 minutes will help mitigate a reduced life-span (somewhat relevant to this forum, just not this topic) and CFL life-span environmental impact is less than that of an incandescent.

Irie, I hope your home stays safe from all those tornados CO's been having lately...although could make for some strange news reports. "And in the aftermath of a local tornado many residents reported chunks of apparently quite potent marijuana bud falling from the sky. We'll have more at 6!" lol

It is just an extremely hard to grow plant that has very different qualities than other cannabis stains. Look at Pans garden if you wanna see a healthy alaskan ice

It is just an extremely hard to grow plant that has very different qualities than other cannabis stains. Look at Pans garden if you wanna see a healthy alaskan ice

You are probably right Mellowman. It is an interesting cross for sure but i think even pan was saying he had some second thoughts about it. If the THC content is all it is billed to be maybe it's worth it. I just don't think I want to use it for cross breeding yet. I was excited about the early flowering aspect. But who knows outdoors it might be an excellent plant. I think someone here is growing some outdoors.

By the way your journal is great!

She needs no help... The crimp starts my LST. I will not let her stand back up straight, but use the crimp as my first bend, and will aim her where I want her to go... :ganjamon:
oh this is your plan!:)
i know one little bit better method to do same, and safe.
you would need some cotton texture,foil, and some gums for hairs.

oh this is your plan!:)
i know one little bit better method to do same, and safe.
you would need some cotton texture,foil, and some gums for hairs.

hey be irie what method did u use to crimp it? did u jus bend it? or was it similar to what cigo suggested?

I'm interested to see what method you use to tie down as well. Personally i prefer not to have such a snug tie around the stem like the tie pictured in cigo's tutorial. I use hemp twine, tie a loop in one side place that at a desirable internode, and then anchor that tie to the pot via a hole punched in the side.

Back
Top Bottom