The BS Journal - Bag Seed - LED - Soil - Frankenpot - 1st Run In A Long Time

So excited about it, dont know what to use now, lmao.
I figure I will keep it simple for now, and use the regular flora gorw-micro-bloom for the buckets, and the floranova grow-bloom for the dirt, I picked up some floralicous as well, and a new air pump, figured they gave me so much free stuff had to spend a bit. I think I will save the whole elite line up for the next round, when I know i am dealing with all females. Hate to waste good nutes on dudes....

Thinking about using the root stuff from elite though, since i dont really have any rhiz other than that right now..

Hey SL, thanks again, good call.
I was sooo stressed out at work today, lmao. Got home ASAP, and even that small moving up this morning helped I think. A few were pointing their leaves toward the light, not away, and I could see new growth.

I got the new Viparspectra 300 in, yanked out the shelf, pulled the 600 (never powered it up, just had it in place) and will move that to the 4x4 tent.

I light the color of the Vipar better than the bestva, much more blue, so I am using that, and have the light a good 40" away now.

I also changed the water in the buckets and bumped up the nutes from 1ml/gal to 2m/gal. Directions say 1tsp, I am using half that, so I figure it should be good. also added 1ml/gal of calmag and ph'd to 5.7

The old water in the buckets (after 2 days) was at 7.2 so climbed quite a bit in two days.

4-7-PM-c.jpg

4-7-PM-bjpg.jpg

4-7-PM-a.jpg
Your franken buckets are perfect. I'm making two of them. Do you run off one whisper pump or each set up has its own pump?

hey slkwily, thanks, it's a work in progress,, lol right now the pumps are a red hot mess. I have three pumps, one is a 2 port, and the other two are 1 port, each goes through a T, and the one feeding the air lift has a flow valve as well to slow it down a bit.

pumps2.jpg

But, yesterday at the hydro shop, i picked this up for 30 bucks, so I am gonna swap it out when I do the next water change tonight.
pump11.jpg

I think it will give me way more air for the stones to bubble better. And I want to see how much the PH moved over the last two days.

Good Morning. It's been a few days. First, that pump works great. Only problem is I can hear it through the floor downstairs... not loud, but you can heard the hum/vibration. I even put it on a piece of foam packing, didn't really make a difference. IT's not loud, but it is noticeable. Although, the fan is louder.. lmao :)

So, i came up with wicked creative names.... not. the buckets are B1, B2, B3, B4 and the soil are S1-S5.. lol boy, am I creative huh? lmao

Anyways, changed the water on the buckets on Sunday, PH of old water was close to 7, high 6's, PH new solution to 5.8
I am at 3/4 strength on the nutes now, flora-grow-micro, 3ml/gal. I did 1/ml gal calmag, and .5ml floraliscious.

The soil ones... pots still have weight to them, so they just sitting there... maybe they get some nutes in a day or two,,, if they ever dry out.

and some pics... you can see I definitely burned the first set of leaves on almost all of them, those LEDs are strong,,

4-11-AM-group.jpg

Soil..

S5
4-11-AM-S5.jpg

S4
4-11-AM-S4.jpg

S1
4-11-AM-S1.jpg

S2
4-11-AM-S2.jpg

S3
4-11-AM-S3.jpg

Buckets

B4 both top and side view
4-11-AM-B4-side.jpg

4-11-AM-B4.jpg

B3
4-11-AM-B3.jpg

4-11-AM-B3-side.jpg

B2
4-11-AM-B2.jpg

B1
4-11-AM-B1.jpg

Was looking at a thread on flowering, and since I am a bit stoned, the same old argument popped in my head.....

Why does a full moon not effect plants outside? You need total darkness indoors, so it dont hermie, stress out etc, right? Why doesn't a full moon effect it? Last night, outside, I could see clear across my yard, it was pretty bright out, no clouds.

Is it because it's an outdoor grow, and you dont really care if you get seeds, be cause you will anyways?
Does the moon only reflect certain wavelengths, so the plants dont really respond to it? (Like green lights?)
Does it really mattter?

Anyways, the babies are starting to grow good now, can see a difference from this morning.

PH 6.8 tonight.

I guess these small buckets dont hold very much solution, so will need to change them more often. 3 days is pushing it, I should have refreshed yesterday I think. The water was pretty clear too, the new solution is dark. But, they have some decent roots.

I upped calmag to 4ml/gal (calls for 3 to 5 ml) I am using RO water, so maybe I go to 5 on next change.

The other nutes went to full strength for early veg, 1stp/gal (5ml) GH bloom-grow-micro, the basic stuff, also added 1ml floraliscious. Also added 1ml of the root tonic and root igniter from elite.

Everyone seems to be doing better this morning after feedings yesterday. Still some curled edges on B3 and B4, but not as bad. I am thinking that the lights were still a bit strong for those two, since they were experiencing some cal deficiencies.. maybe? IDK, but they are looking better.

Group Shot
4-13-AM-group.jpg

Group shot of the soil 5
4-13-AM-soil.jpg

B4
4-13-AM-B4.jpg

B3
4-13-AM-B3.jpg

B2
4-13-AM-B2.jpg

And this one,,, lmao, she only grew one leaf for first 5-leaf ....?
4-13-AM-B1.jpg

I submitted a form for a free sample of mammoth microbes, love it, I got so much for nutes now, and only paid for the GH grow-miro-bloom pack. I am gonna go to the local grow store to let them know, they only ship to a retail store, and get soem bigger netpots/covers and get ready to move the bucket babies to a larger home next water change

Good morning,
The babies are looking good, except for B3, she is developing spots again on the new growth. B4 has kicked that habit for now, so it looks like it is only B3 that wants to dress up like a leopard. They are not as pronounced as before, PH is at 6.5, and roots are looking good. I will try and gt pics of roots when I do the next water change today.

Lowered the LED about 6 inches, and will bring it down a bit more later, it is about 30" now, and manual says after a couple of weeks of veg, can lower to 24".

Smaller light foot print, moved the girls around a bit. Might have to kick on the 2nd LED soon. So, will have some work to do this weekend with the tents to get ready.

Group shot,
4-15-AM-group.jpg

New growth!! starting to come out the sides !!!
S2
4-15-new-growth.jpg

S1
4-15-AM-S1.jpg

One of the buckets (B4)
4-15-AM-B4.jpg

So far the soil babies are growing faster than the water, Would've thought the water would be faster, but,,, I was always a better grower in soil than water, water was new to me when I was growing before. Soil (IMO) is also easier, dirt can be a good buffer for a screw up like me,, lmao.

I also think these buckets are getting to be a bit small, probably good for one more week, then I need to find bigger buckets for them.

Back
Top Bottom