OregonGrown's First Attempt - Soil - Bag Seed - Mars2

Mid week update for the Outside Lady in all her Smelly, Sticky and colorful beauty!!! If you can't tell I am a little proud of this girl. I have been working on her since May 6th when I started her inside! In the 5 months she has been in my care she has seen lots of first time grower screw ups. BUT...... she has trucked right along and is doing me proud!!!
With the weather taking what looks like a permanent turn towards fall and the rainy winter I needed to make her a make shift grow tent! It was fashioned out of clear 3 mill plastic and is supported by Binder clips from the fence and a camping chair!! Real Redneck ingenuity there!! I will have to get a pic of it and prove I am 99% redneck!! I figured with only a couple weeks to go why make something permanent!? It has succeeded in keeping her dry and allowing as much light as possible to reach her buds!
I was going to harvest her on the 12th but I think I may prolong it till the week after. The weather has been a little cool but not close to first frost yet. I want to see her trichs start to turn amber before I chop her! Right now I have a mix of cloudy and clear, about 50/50.
So, here are her pics, the best I could get with the cloudy weather and her tent blocking most of the tops from view.

Side view #1
10-6-16.jpg

As you can see her tops are heavy and slumping, they got a little support after this picture and all is well now!!!
10-6-16_full_veiw.jpg

Here is what the tops of all her buds look like, nice and frosty with some pretty colors mixed in!!!
10-6-16_purps.jpg

OG79

This will be my final update for this journal. The outdoor girl has been chopped, dried and jarred. I had to cut her a little earlier than I wanted due to the weather being terrible. She was starting to develop a little mold so I had to get her down and dried. Even being covered the humidity was just too much for her! I will say I was hoping for a half pound from her and I didn't reach my goal. A little disappointing but I did the best I could with what I had to work with! Total dried weight was 2.5 oz. But along with the autos I think I did ok for my first attempt!! Here are the pictures of her last day.
final_day.jpg

last_day_bud.jpg

Here is one branch hanging to dry.
hanging_to_dry.jpg

And here is the final product.
final_outdoor.jpg

I know I didn't break into the big leagues with this grow but I did actually harvest something!!! I learned a whole lot and have a feeling the following grows will benefit from that! On a side note, not being a smoker I haven't given a smoke report. That changed last weekend!!!! I decided to sample some of the blueberry I grew. HOLY HELL!!!!! I don't think I have ever been that high!!! Now, not being a seasoned smoker I am sure that had something to do with my experience but even recalling past experiences when I was a regular smoker this stuff worked!!! The taste did not disappoint, very berry tasting and VERY smooth. I am going to say the smoke being so good was from very careful curing, a whole month!!! I am not sure if I will sample the outdoor but I can tell you it smells like pungent diesel!!!! I really wish I could have let her go another week or two but mother nature had different ideas!!! Thanks for following along with this journey and for all the helpful advice! There is another baby in the tent right now, maybe once she starts to flower I will backlog a journal for her too.
OG79

Beauty harvest!! I had to harvest one of my Bbk early too and she only yielded 8 OZ that rain we had just wouldn't let the humidity drop at all so bud rot and mold hit me too

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom