Cart Before The Horse: My First Outdoor Grow

In other news, I finally got one of the freebie seeds to germ. I did some scarification on the seed before soaking it in water for 16 hours and then planting it in a peet pellet. It took about 4 days to sprout. Once it started sprouting I put the pellet in its final home, a 2 gallon pot of ffof with very little water. Just enough to settle the soil around the pellet. The seedling came up today so this will be day 1. I have no idea what this will be so it may end up getting tossed, but it should be some good practice.
I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Here's BL5 since it got topped. The top node needs to start some growing before there will be much visible difference.
IMG_20170524_075220.jpg

And here is the freebie seed that sprouted yesterday. I'll call it MYS4.
IMG_20170524_075155.jpg

BL4 is 5 weeks old today. Crazy growth this week. She went from 7 inches last week to 16 inches tall now. That's 9 inches of growth in one week!
There's a few of the lower leaves that something has nibbled on. I think it may be rolliepollies that have climbed into the pot and munch on the leaves at night when they droop down to the soil. It doesn't seem to be happening anywhere other than the very lowest leaves and its pretty minor.
IMG_20170525_081414.jpg

BL4 is 5 weeks old today. Crazy growth this week. She went from 7 inches last week to 16 inches tall now. That's 9 inches of growth in one week!
There's a few of the lower leaves that something has nibbled on. I think it may be rolliepollies that have climbed into the pot and munch on the leaves at night when they droop down to the soil. It doesn't seem to be happening anywhere other than the very lowest leaves and its pretty minor.
IMG_20170525_081414.jpg

Looking good! Just keep them of the bud sites or you will have every rollie pollie in the neighborhood hanging out at your place asking for a snack!:cheesygrinsmiley:

BL5 is 4 weeks old today and officially a girl. She's doing ok after getting topped a few days ago. I'm guessing there should be some good growth coming in the next week or two.

IMG_20170528_104734.jpg

IMG_20170528_104723.jpg

MYS4 is 1 week old today. Its doing pretty good. I think its my best growing seedling yet, I feel like I'm getting the hang of this. I've given it so much less water than any of my other plants. All those poor little seedling must have just been drowning.

seedling49.jpg

I kinda hope this one turns male. We have family coming over on 4th of July and I'll have to get things out of sight for that day. I already have BL4 and BL5 who will be around harvest then.

Tell the fam its the new age tomato plant lol I've even seen where people clip fake flowers to the branches and for those who don't know any better or from a distance you'd never pay it any mind but kinda off the subject and talking bout tomato plants have you ever seen the ones they advertised a while back the tomato plants you could hang and grow upside down I wonder if you could grow weed like that and if it would be any benefits to it or would it just make a curve and just grow up towards the sun maybe that would be good lst training lol just a bowl induced thought lmao

BL4 is up to 20 inches at 6 weeks old today. She's getting stinkier all the time. Definite skunk smell going on. Since the growth has slowed I started flowering nutes for the first time yesterday. Hoping the little buds start to fatten up.

IMG_20170601_125356.jpg

BL4 is up to 20 inches at 6 weeks old today. She's getting stinkier all the time. Definite skunk smell going on. Since the growth has slowed I started flowering nutes for the first time yesterday. Hoping the little buds start to fatten up.

IMG_20170601_125356.jpg

Looking good, she's reaching for the sky, you could probably knock off a few of those large fan leaves here & there so the lower bud sites get a little sun.:cheer:

Gotcha, thanks for the tip. I've been wondering about the strategy for trimming fan leaves.

I would start on the lower branches and take off a couple, watch how the plant responds for a few days, and work your way up, concentrate on the biggest leaves that are blocking light where there are no big developing bud sites on the same node. You could also try tucking them out of the way, but I find that they manage to work their way back up unless you tie them down.

What fertilizer are you using I am just starting to introduced some to my two looking good keep it up my sour hound is also getting that skunkish smell also the six shooter is spouse to be a low smell with lemon highlights can't wait to see that one budding like my hound but shooter is spose to be a longer life plant

I just switched form fish fert to tiger bloom. Definite skunk smell on my big BL4.
BL5 I haven't noticed any smell but I don't think that ones as big as yours. She's also still getting fish fert.

So I'm probably getting ahead of myself here (cart before the horse right?) but assuming all goes well with with at least one of my plants, I'll need to harvest and dry it at some point. I'm planning to hang it in a shower in a bathroom that no one ever uses. Literally we never use it. We forget we have it sometimes. Humidity should be good around 50% and no need to worry about awful human smells generally left in bathrooms. I can close the door but still worried about the MJ smell that will build up in there while its drying. I'm curious if the smell will be as potent as I think it will be. I can crack a window but I doubt that will be enough to help and then I'd worry about temp and humidity and my neighbors smelling. My other option is to buy a fan and carbon filter for about $100 but I'd rather not, if this ends up being a one time grow experience and I don't do it again then that's a lot of money for one drying session.
Any other options I'm not considering here to get the dry done without smells being an issue?

Back
Top Bottom