Cart Before The Horse: My First Outdoor Grow

I planted this clone on the 20th of April in fox farms happy frog. It's only had one watering with nutes when it was in 2 gallon. Now it's in 4-5 gallon of ffof and hasn't been given any nutes yet. Just topped and watered this morning in a couple hours when the sun hits the leaves will be reaching to the sky!
420-magazine-mobile1208351644.jpg

I agree with outdoorsman, morning water so they can concentrate on the sun, has it been windy or in a area where the breeze may be too strong?
I have seen this before on my outdoor grows when I had a dry windy day, it kind of sucked the moisture out of the leaves and the root system could not keep up. My old spot was sheltered pretty good on 3 sides but when we would get a east or south east wind, the plants on the edge would look a lot like yours. The would recover with no issues but they looked like hell for awhile till they did.

The other thing to consider which is the opposite of to windy is no wind, if they get strong hot sun with no breeze, they bake in the sun and the moisture in the leaves is the first to go.

By watching the forcast and adjusting where your plants spend the day may take care of what you are seeing.

I planted this clone on the 20th of April in fox farms happy frog. It's only had one watering with nutes when it was in 2 gallon. Now it's in 4-5 gallon of ffof and hasn't been given any nutes yet. Just topped and watered this morning in a couple hours when the sun hits the leaves will be reaching to the sky!
420-magazine-mobile1208351644.jpg

Holy crap...... Is that a Walmart bag. Have I seriously been paying $7 a 5 gallon smart pot when I could be using those Walmart cloth. Bags??????

BL2 and BL3 have been officially laid to rest. I pulle dthem out to check out the root structure which wasn't bad for their puny size. I suspect over-watering and possibly bad pH was to blame.
IMG_20170513_075535.jpg

IMG_20170513_074807.jpg

BL5 is 2 weeks old today and seems to be taking to its new pot, showing a little better growth. I'm hoping with the better soil it will start to take off. Its growth is about a week behind what BL4 did.

IMG_20170514_075220.jpg

I think that's looking good. Did you plant that seed straight to that size pot? I planted a seed in March in a 18 gallon took forever for that plant to establish. I did it early in the season too as the days get longer and your plants get more established you will see them explode!

Over the weekend I moved BL4 into a 5g fabric smartpot with ffof. The smartpot mostly added depth with only a very small increase to width. I noticed the roots were at the bottom of its old pot so I'm sure it will like the added space and good soil. Unfortunately today is kind of rainy and cold (about 60F). Luckily tomorrow is back to sunny and 70's.

On another note, I've been trying to germinate the freebee mystery seeds I got from Nirvana. The first one didn't germinate after about 2 weeks. I've now got a second one that I soaked for 12 hours and planted in jiffy seedling mix and its been over 1 week and still nothing. I'm thinking I'll pick up some of the expanding peet pot seed starters and scarify the next seed before soaking and then planting.
I'm really more interested in germinating these freebee's to work on my seedling growth methods since I had such a hard time with that phase on my bubblelicious girls.

BL5 is 2 weeks old today and seems to be taking to its new pot, showing a little better growth. I'm hoping with the better soil it will start to take off. Its growth is about a week behind what BL4 did.

IMG_20170514_075220.jpg

She is looking almost identical to my two at that age mine are really starting to jump in the new growth everyday what did the seed company say harvest time is for yours? my sixshooter is 90days and sourhound is 60

She is looking almost identical to my two at that age mine are really starting to jump in the new growth everyday what did the seed company say harvest time is for yours? my sixshooter is 90days and sourhound is 60

The seed site says 8-9 weeks but that seems short to me. I found this link that I'm using as a general guide for fertilizer plan so it could go 10-11 weeks...
Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis

BL4 is 4 weeks old today. She's 7 inches tall and new growth all over her. She was looking pretty droopy this morning so she just got a drink of water before these pics.
IMG_20170518_082904.jpg

IMG_20170518_082920.jpg

BL5 is 3 weeks old today. Growth still hasn't exploded like I'd hoped since being transplanted but perhaps in another week or two.
Pics are a little blurry but you get the idea...
IMG_20170521_082542.jpg

IMG_20170521_082521.jpg

I'm In! I have a Candy Cane outside for my 1st time! She wasn't supposed to be mine, because I usually keep it one side Chic at a time! Doesn't look like my best man going get his shit together to care for this girl and my heart won't let me totally abandoned her, so I set her out on the stroll.... I'm tempted to bring her in at times, because of the up & dwn weather we are experiencing these last couple weeks and upcoming weeks, BUT!!! She will just have to tough it out. Besides, they have been on this earth and survived longer than I can imagine.

420-magazine-mobile1412055906.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1823107005.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1666837052.jpg

420-magazine-mobile24165030.jpg

BL4 is doing so great with lots of growth and BL5 is at its 4th node so I thought I'd try my hand at topping BL5. I trimmed some very small new growth at the top. It was probably only about 1/8 inch tall. I'm hoping that starts some more horizontal growth. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be leaving BL4 alone. She has lots of pistils coming out on the main stem as well as different branches.

I am curious how it responds to the topping

So far so good. It hasn't died yet. Lol
The highest node would usually be flattening out as the new growth comes in but since that got cut the node seems to be branching upwards. I believe these two branches start taking over the vertical growth instead of the main stem (since there isn't one now).
This is all probably real basic to the experienced growers but it's really educational doing it for the first time rather than just reading about it.
It's still only been about a day since trimming so I'm thinking a couple days before I see any real progress.

Back
Top Bottom