Cart Before The Horse: My First Outdoor Grow

I don't see drainage holes in the side of a cups so I have to ask you have holes in the bottom? There was a time when I didn't have enough drainage holes (you could interpret this as zero) in Solo cups and that affected my early growth.

The cup has 4 slits in the bottom for drainage. Water comes out easily but perhaps they could be bigger for better drainage.

I recently made these although I could do better. The next set will have holes on the side as well.

420-magazine-mobile2005693868.jpg

420-magazine-mobile9589040.jpg

See through cups aren't the best choice...light effects roots
Absolutely correct. I use clear cups to monitor root development and the effects of different stimulants. Clear cups are always put inside color cups. I really used the image to show the holes on the bottom but should have mentioned this.

Do you always use the croutons in the bottom? It looks like there isn't any in the pic you included showing the bottom of the solo cup.
I'm curious if it helps the seedlings and worth it for me to invest in some.
It may not look like it but the croutons are definitely at the bottom. I do the same with larger pots. Flow rate is amazing.

Looking like my Lil 9 day outdoor autos also a novice grower we will have to compare end results im on the east coast can be alil eastvswest lol good luck with the hands on learning

Oh man a competition. Time to break out the gamma radiation and hulk out my little girls! lol
I agree will be cool to compare progress. I'll have to check out your journal.

Back
Top Bottom