The BS Journal - Bag Seed - LED - Soil - Frankenpot - 1st Run In A Long Time

I added a new rigid duct between the 2x4 and 4x4 tents. And moved the flexible one from the top port to the bottom port of the 4x4, so there are now two connecting the tents. The flexible one has a black inner lining, and I spray painted the inside of the rigid, as well as the elbows with flat black paint,,, there is no light leak between tents

new-duct.jpg

lots more air flow, the 4x4 is still sucked in, but not as much tension on the tent.

The fan is in the 4x4, I have a 450CFM if needed when all lights in both tents are going.
The home brew carbon filter...
filter34.jpg

and it all exits the top of the 4x4..
4x4-tent.jpg

Looks good Boom. The frankenpots are very interesting. I also thought about using coffee containers for smaller plants. I noticed you asked about the full moon, I was wondering that as well. Why does the light outside at night not stress the plants? Must be the type of light they receive I would guess, but that would be a total guess. Interested to follow along with you Boom. Happy Growing!

So, sitting here thinking,, what good is the air lift doing now? All have roots in the water, so no real need to keep pushing water up, is there? Thinking of taking the tube out, and adding a 2nd air stone to each bucket instead...

Changed the water yesterday in the buckets, went up on nutes as well. didn't kill them, so,,, good I guess :)

But, B1, did a funky thinkg, She is the one that came in deformed as it was,, only 1 leaf for the 2nd set. This morning, that one leaf was all twisted up... too strong on the nutes maybe? no discoloration...
4-116-PM-B1.jpg

The rest of the buckets
B2
4-116-PM-B2.jpg

B3
4-116-PM-B3.jpg

B4 (sorry for the blurry pic)
4-116-PM-B4.jpg

All the soils doing well, still have weight to the pots, so going on 5 days now...
S1
4-116-PM-S1.jpg

S2
4-116-PM-S2.jpg

S3
4-116-PM-S3.jpg

S4
4-116-PM-S4.jpg

S5
4-116-PM-S5.jpg

I lowered the light a bit, and they are getting bigger, so I spread them out and turned on the 2nd light. It has much more red in it than the Viparspectra. Will see how the girls do, I put the 4 strongest ones under that light.

This morning, the soil pots were bone dry. I was a bit lazy, hope it works out OK,, lol I had about 1/3 gal of nutes from the bucket changes day before yesterday, so I filled the gal jug up with RO water, PH'd and fed to the soil babes. so about 1/3rd strength of what the buckets got. Hopefully it is enough for them,, we will see if they like it...

Got home tonight, all looks good, except for one bucket, fan leaf drooping all the way down, just hanging off the plant,, I am like WTF??!?!?!? Total freak out mode...

I gently picked up the leaf,,,, and,,,,

It was soaking wet!!!! So my air lift thing was really splashing back up, and I believe that is what was burning the leaves. probably not a calcium deficiency, like I was thinking. Just plain old sloppy, DIY frankenbucket,, lmao :)

Group shot, ,, you can see the blue light under the vipar, and the bestva is so much redder...
4-17-PM-group.jpg

Just the soils
4-17-PM-soil.jpg

The buckets (plus the runt soil gal)
4-17-PM-buckets.jpg

Subbed up. I'll be back but I just read your journal. Got some comments. Looking great though bro

First off,
That Frankenstein bucket deal is what will make me try DWC. Just saying.I have everything.
Just a matter of making it and keeping up with it.
I was reading your journal and Meghan's brother and I were talking about DWC just a few minutes before and he said his last pump you could hear thought out the house. White noise he called it..
I showed him a pic of the $30 pump you scored and he said it was the same one he had that made it... Good early rising stoner laugh at the coincidence of it.

Anyhow you got a young man to go n getya some beers. Does he know about frankenbucket ?
If so, I think your good in the guilt department. Put em to work I say....
Any ways Boom, I appreciate the input over on my journal and had to get myself over here to see what's what. Glad I did.
Later on Bud.
Oh yeah I wanted to say we are running the same nutes but I'm currently in a Pro-Mix blend of my own using them. But I got the nutes and stuff to pull off a decent DWC. Gotta try it just because.

Okay I'm gonna go and get busy. I'll be round every now n again.
Later :passitleft:

Thanks for the kind words Jacob.

Next run, I think I make the tubes a bit longer, so they go into the hydroton, try and eliminate splash.

Pros/cons of Frank... pros, small, easy to manage, and cheap.
cons,, small, so more res changes, that is also a pro, for early stage, 2 gal of nutes fills all 4 buckets, and with enough left over, I can feed the soils.

But, I have to change every three days, because the PH swings up to high 6's, water level goes down, and I would imagine res temps fluctuate pretty quickly. not much volume to hold temp steady.

So far, have done good, no hydroguard, no root issues, but I have been changing them out every three days...

I think I will need to up-pot them. debating on if I go get the black buckets with those lids/with netpots built in,,, or
homer buckets w/lids, cut out a hole for the netpot, and spraypaint black....

On the soil front.... I decided to take scissors to the S1 and S2. Hopefully I got the miss, cause if I missed the miss, then it's just a top,, :rofl:

I will probably cut the others tonight... The plan for this run (and mainly because I am pressed for time,, well lack of bud will press you for time)

This weekend I want to transplant into 3 or 5 gal pots, next week, take a few clones and flip the switch. I figure after I determine sex, and get rid of males and their clones, the girls will have almost 8 weeks to veg out, while this batch flowers.

Changed the water. One, B4, had two droopy leaves, like they were dead. Same ones that were soaked yesterday, but they were dry, and crispy. I am thinking they got burned up, plus the bucket was way low. only like an inch of water left, probably from spray out of the bucket. If I used bigger netpots, I could of made a drip ring, but then I couldnt use the coffee pots. So, the soft plastic delivery tubes need to be buried into the hydroton, or something needs to be done to stop the splash.

They look ok, but the soil girls are doing much better. For me, soil is so much easier, but I see some great results with hydro, and its less messy..lol. We will see how they develop, but each one looks like a different strain, that goes for the soil as well, so it will be interesting to see how they differ in taste.

Buckets got the agressive formula on GH, grow-bloom-micro, plus calmag, floraliscous, and mammoth p. added 1 ml of the elite root tonic too, probably shouldn't mix the lines, but cant help myself.. lol

B4
4-18-PM-B4.jpg

B3
4-18-PM-B3.jpg

B2
4-18-PM-B2b.jpg

4-18-PM-B2.jpg

B1
4-18-PM-B1b.jpg

4-18-PM-B1.jpg

Happy 420 everyone!!!!! :420:

Just a pic update, I hacked all of the soils, except for the runt (S5) they are coming back,, don't know if I missed the miss and just butchered leaves? :rofl:

Sorry about the light on the bucket brigade, harder to get them out of the tent for pics.

Group shot
4-20-AM-group.jpg

B1
4-20-AM-B1.jpg

B2
4-20-AM-B2.jpg

B3
4-20-AM-B3.jpg

4-20-AM-B3b.jpg

B4
4-20-AM-B4b.jpg

4-20-AM-B4.jpg

Dirty Girls

S1
4-20-AM-S1.jpg

4-20-AM-S1b.jpg

S2
4-20-AM-S2.jpg

4-20-AM-S2b.jpg

S3
4-20-AM-S3.jpg

4-20-AM-S3b.jpg

S4
4-20-AM-S4.jpg

4-20-AM-S4b.jpg

S5 (the runt, only dirty girl to not get cut)
4-20-AM-S5.jpg

4-20-AM-S5b.jpg

Busy night last night, I put all the dirty girls in 5gal pots. All had roots to the edge, but not bound in any way. S1 was still too wet in the bottom of that damn orange POS pot, so she lost a bit of root mass,, hopefully she recovers fast. I am going away for the weekend, so wanted to make sure the girls would be fine. I am going to change the water in the buckets before I go, and they will be good til Sun night when I get home.

Speaking of the buckets,, when I was moving them around, the air line knocked one over, kinked the main stem about 90 degrees. All sorts of profanity was coming out my mouth. I propped her up with a wooden skewer, and this morning, its like nothing happened... go figure. She is standing up pointing to the light

The dirty girls in their final homes
4-21-AM-new-pots.jpg

Tent starting to get crowded
4-21-AM-full-tent.jpg

Hey Boom look like u got things looking good!! Keep up the great work!! Its getting a bit tight in there but great use of space!! Why not use every square inch if u got it!!! Can't wait till u get things blooming gonna b some good times!!!

Back
Top Bottom