Looked at the Riedel website; always knew different shapes of glasses enhanced the total experience and taste....Have been into wine for decades during my restaurant years....reps would constantly come in and train the servers (me). Then I moved to Cali and experienced their wine, and then went on to do computer engineering in WA state which allowed me to experience their wine....currently into the Malbecs...

okay, talk to me on clarifying butter....you skim something off....?

Looked at the Riedel website; always knew different shapes of glasses enhanced the total experience and taste....Have been into wine for decades during my restaurant years....reps would constantly come in and train the servers (me). Then I moved to Cali and experienced their wine, and then went on to do computer engineering in WA state which allowed me to experience their wine....currently into the Malbecs...

Malbecs are great!

Clarified butter: use unsalted butter, organic, grass fed if you can.
yes..there will be a foamy part on top and at the milk solids /water layer on bottom. The clarified butter (aka Ghee) can be strained and then jarred or used. :)

strained through what....cheese cloth....? After melting down on the stove....? Ground control from computer engineer to chef....I need a recipe or I'm unscientific....:rofl:

strained through what....cheese cloth....? After melting down on the stove....? Ground control from computer engineer to chef....I need a recipe or I'm unscientific....:rofl:

:rofl:

wheres duggan's "eh" when I need it??

you can skim the foam with a spoon, then pour into a Ball jar, let cool, close lid...refrigerate and when solid, remove the solid butter from the bottom liquid ..
poke a hole, or if poking :rofl: is not favored, pour into a bowl or measuring cup..refrigerate, and pour liquid out. I would use a paper towel to completely dry it if storing it.

since im in my kitchen..Roasted Tomato Soup, Cheese Crouton.

IMG_92261.JPG

we lose an hour tonight...:)

well I'm 100% Canadian on my dad's side, who's parents came across the Detroit river undocumented for 5 cents on the ferry, so I might be qualified to give you the "eh" in Duggan's place.....we'll consult with him tomorrow...eh?

The new Magical Butter machine now suggests clarifying the butter before adding it to the machine.

Has anyone done this? Does it make a better product, or what differences do you notice?

I love to use clarified butter in some things. Wouldn't mind doing this at all if it makes a noticeable difference in the outcome.

Thanks!

Clarified butter / ghee does not need to be refrigerated. It will last for months at 60-80 F temperatures.

the water/milk solids component, boils when above 212F; splatters, etc
-w/ MB2-when adding lecithin to regular butter without clarifying I've gotten almost a mayonnaise..
the lecithin emulsified the water and fat...like mayo :)

clarifying will also extend shelf life of the butter..:thumb:

No spatter is good too :)

Malbecs are good too. Good quality terpenes like a Merlot/Shiraz or nice cabernet but you don't have to age so much - so more affordable :)

I grew up in California - so got a bit picky after dozens of winery tours. I've been amazed at the recent increase in quality out of the Modesto Area wines. Barefoot wines are actually worth the price. Never had a Washington state wine that I didn't like. Purchased Fetzer Gewurtz yesterday to see if it is as good as I remember - not an alsatian Gewurtztraminer - but what is? I wish I had the budget to match my wine palate - but then my palate would just get better and everything would cost more :rofl:

Where's my reading glasses I've got a bit of catching up to do in here

Sneaky's White Widow x Big Bud Outdoor Feminized

Here ya go, you can borrow mine......:geek:

:)

Okay, Shawnee...the lasagna soup is going to be our early dinner. Brother wanted it to be lunch before he goes out to cut up some fallen trees. No way am I letting him operate a chain saw after an infused lunch.
I'll have some pics later and a report on how the recipe went. The slowcooker is cooking now and the noodles will be added about 30 minutes before the cheese and broiling is done. I'm hungry!!!

You could use any kind of pasta in this recipe, but if you use anything else you can't call it "lasagna" soup. :laugh:

:circle-of-love:

:rofl:

wheres duggan's "eh" when I need it??

you can skim the foam with a spoon, then pour into a Ball jar, let cool, close lid...refrigerate and when solid, remove the solid butter from the bottom liquid ..
poke a hole, or if poking :rofl: is not favored, pour into a bowl or measuring cup..refrigerate, and pour liquid out. I would use a paper towel to completely dry it if storing it.

since im in my kitchen..Roasted Tomato Soup, Cheese Crouton.

IMG_92261.JPG

we lose an hour tonight...:)

That sounds delish! The cheese crouton gave me a giggle........ eh? :laugh:

Canna Infused Lasagna Soup with Broiled Cheese

Canna_Infused_Lasagna_Soup.jpg

This was.....mmmmmmahvelous! I didn't use the chicken broth/stock in mine, I used my canned tomatoes and crushed up the tomatoes really good, then added some home canned tomato sauce. I'm sure this would be perfectly fine following the recipe as is. I put 4 full tablespoons of decarbed ground Durban Poison in the recipe. I knew I would have some canna garlic bread and canna olive oil on the table too. And just for the health of it, I added about a quarter cup of Hemp Seed Hearts to it. The above is my little bowl of it, and I could barely finish. Bro's bowl was much bigger and he finished it all. I have plenty left over to freeze and eat another day.

Here's how it looked before adding the cheeses and broiling:

Infused_Lasagna_Soup_1.jpg

I dotted the center with some lightly canna caramelized onions too.

I made two different breads, one was cheese stuffed and the other was french bread slices broiled with cannabutter on them. And I put the infused olive oil and some Canna Decarbed Shake on the table for him too. (I had to take that shaker jar away from him before he emptied the thing! :laugh: )

infused_lasagna_soup_2.jpg

It was a good thing to have the breads there, not only to sop up liquid...but it helped using them to wrap those luscious strings of cheese onto the spoon.

Infused_Lasagna_Soup_3.jpg

The lasagna was perfectly al dente, so I didn't leave in too long. Testing it was a necessity. No one likes Lasagna mush.

I am sooooo full! He went out to load some wood onto the truck, and I made him leave the chainsaw in the garage. :laugh: Needless to say...we're happy 'lil siblings today.

Canna, what a beautiful sight, it looks sooooooo great! Thanks for all the detail.....so how long do you think you left the noodles in? I'm definitely going to make this for the fence walkers when they come, bread and all.....nice job!

REPS + have been given!

Canna, what a beautiful sight, it looks sooooooo great! Thanks for all the detail.....so how long do you think you left the noodles in? I'm definitely going to make this for the fence walkers when they come, bread and all.....nice job!

REPS + have been given!

The noodles were done to my liking after about 25 minutes, but my slow cooker runs hotter than most others I've had, I actually get a good boil going sometimes. I would check them after 12 minutes or so and then check a couple more times before the 30 minutes is up.

:thanks:

Bro is in the house yakking my danged ear off, he gets yackety fever when he's high. :rofl: He did my dishes for me as a thank you for din-din.

Hello to all...its been awhile for me on here but I need some advice and thought to myself that this is where I will find the direction and wisdom I need...
I am attempting to infuse maple syrup and was wondering what everyone thinks about incorporating the cannabis with the maple...I have access to BHO, bubblehash, sift and the raw cannabis as well...
My initial thoughts are that a BHO (or maybe bubblehash) infusion will be the easiest way to work the recipe and hope some of you have either done this and can share some ideas or at least can brainstorm with me...I also thought of infusing honey first and then blending that into the syrup but am not familiar with that process (chemically) and what would happen when blended into what is basically a water soluble solution (maple syrup)...will the oils condense and collect or remain suspended?

Thanks in advance for giving this some thought...I watched the post from Cannafan up in the thread after searching the forums and here I am... Hopefully a recipe and finished product comes out of this endeavor...

Just wanted you guys to know, adding the vanilla was a winner. I can still taste the weed but it's not overwhelming the chocolate thus time. I think the walnuts and caramel added some distraction from the taste as well. Thanks Canna and Ziggy.
Cheers
:roorrip:

Subbed in . Beginner. Looking for a good edible for back pain. Spine stuff muscle issues. Any recommendations . Also so I can inform professionals so they can help locate them. Thanks everyone.

Topping and F.I.Ming your Cannabis plants - YouTube how to top and Lst.

my journal
Auto Flower NYC Diesel & Regular Feminized White Cookies Grow

Check out this post Cannafn just had put up :) Lots of tasty single serving ideas :)

Hello to all...its been awhile for me on here but I need some advice and thought to myself that this is where I will find the direction and wisdom I need...
I am attempting to infuse maple syrup and was wondering what everyone thinks about incorporating the cannabis with the maple...I have access to BHO, bubblehash, sift and the raw cannabis as well...
My initial thoughts are that a BHO (or maybe bubblehash) infusion will be the easiest way to work the recipe and hope some of you have either done this and can share some ideas or at least can brainstorm with me...I also thought of infusing honey first and then blending that into the syrup but am not familiar with that process (chemically) and what would happen when blended into what is basically a water soluble solution (maple syrup)...will the oils condense and collect or remain suspended?

Thanks in advance for giving this some thought...I watched the post from Cannafan up in the thread after searching the forums and here I am... Hopefully a recipe and finished product comes out of this endeavor...

:welcome: Back, Urmom. :)
Here's a post by a member here on infusing maple syrup and honey to get started with ideas:

The Cannabis Kitchen - Cooking With Cannabis

Just wanted you guys to know, adding the vanilla was a winner. I can still taste the weed but it's not overwhelming the chocolate thus time. I think the walnuts and caramel added some distraction from the taste as well. Thanks Canna and Ziggy.
Cheers
:roorrip:

:bravo: So glad to read that. :)

Subbed in . Beginner. Looking for a good edible for back pain. Spine stuff muscle issues. Any recommendations . Also so I can inform professionals so they can help locate them. Thanks everyone.

Topping and F.I.Ming your Cannabis plants - YouTube how to top and Lst.

my journal
Auto Flower NYC Diesel & Regular Feminized White Cookies Grow

When you make your edibles, choose a proper strain that has pain relief qualities for your infusions. There are uncountable ways to infuse what you consume, pretty much anything can be infused in some way. Either with oil, butter, tincture, or just sprinkling decarboxylated bud in or on your recipes. The sky is the limit really.

You might also consider making an infused topical cream to rub on the muscles.

Here are a couple of recipes to look over on that if you think you would like to try it:

HashGirl's Canna Cream Recipe - From Magnus8's Creams/lotions Study Hall

SuperGroomer - New cream recipe - Reported great for sore muscles/stiffness/Pain

Hope that gets you started!

Welcome to the thread. :)

Back
Top Bottom