The Hempire Strikes Back!

I remember back in the day seeing journals on here of SOGs with 2Liters, you know, the ones where you cut all the side branches to all your clones and just grow that budsicle. Its a beautiful thing looking at a 4x4 space crammed with donkeys swaying in the fans, talking about making use of every inch of space in your grow area.

If you are interested i would suggest checking out a journal on here titled "Come SOG with me" its one of my favorites. It show the power of 2Ls and hempys lol.

Yeah, i will go check that bugger out, love seeing a nice SOG.

Its a massive SOG the guy was gonna do 112 plants until someone pointed out that 100 plants or more is when you can be charged on the federal level so he only grew 99 plants lol.

Hey Lex. I know you have a smallish LED. 207w if I remember right. Looks like I won a 90w spider led.
What does one do with such a thing? Stupid question maybe but I can't even find much info about it to speak of online. Emailed the company and haven't got a reply yet.
I suppose it's mainly designed for a tiny grow box probably? Maybe I can just use it to light up a teeny corner of my flowering room somehow or maybe the middle between the lights. Or give it to someone in need. I wouldn't mind trying out an led though just to try one- it's just the tiny wattage that's making me scratch my head. I'm not even sure if the 90w label means it is really 90w or not.

Hey Lex. I know you have a smallish LED. 207w if I remember right. Looks like I won a 90w spider led.
What does one do with such a thing? Stupid question maybe but I can't even find much info about it to speak of online. Emailed the company and haven't got a reply yet.
I suppose it's mainly designed for a tiny grow box probably? Maybe I can just use it to light up a teeny corner of my flowering room somehow or maybe the middle between the lights. Or give it to someone in need. I wouldn't mind trying out an led though just to try one- it's just the tiny wattage that's making me scratch my head. I'm not even sure if the 90w label means it is really 90w or not.

Well if i was you i would probably use it in conjunction with cfls or fluros, not a 100% but it seems like its meant for supplemental lighting. On its own it probably could be used in like PC tower type grow box but even then you would probably want to have some more light added into the mix.

Hmmmm,,, I suppose depending on the area it covers (presumably pretty tiny) maybe I could just hang it up in the back and supplement my hps with it. I don't know. Probably not.
Thanks Lexort. Confirms that it's as tiny as i thought it was.

Hmmmm,,, I suppose depending on the area it covers (presumably pretty tiny) maybe I could just hang it up in the back and supplement my hps with it. I don't know. Probably not.
Thanks Lexort. Confirms that it's as tiny as i thought it was.

If it makes you feel any better its not like even my led panel has a large foot print. Why not throw it in your veg room, might do better in there. Maybe mount it side ways on the wall or just be lazy and hang it the right way lol. If you had my panel i could understand using it to supplement your hps but with the 90w im npt sure if you would be able to tell its doing anything. Mind you without seeing this led this is all speculation based off what i have learned so far and im not a pro by any means lol. Wish shiggityflip was around he knows a crap ton more then me when it comes to leds.

Here is what I could find for info on it (if i found the same one that is)

Product Code: S1
Product: Spider COB 1 LED
Case: Black
LED Qty: 1pcs
Chip: Epistar
Market Watts: 90w
Acutal Watts: 50w
AC Input Voltage: 100-240V
Beam Lens Angle: 120 Degree
Lumens: 1820lm
Spectrum: Full
Lifespan: 50,000hrs
Size: 190x190x60mm
Gross Weight: 3kg

Oh cool. Weird. I've looked all over and never came across that info.
50 watts hey...
So like a couple cfls. Might be good for those situations where I'm isolating a male plant or a colloidal silver treated one for pollination purposes.
Or for growing a few herbs and salad greens in the winter might be nice.

Well I don't really have any cfls or florescent lights. Just one cfl for cloning. Though I do want to try and set up a little nook for putting CS treated clones. Over the next year or so I want to try and make feminized seed of my favorite strains, for gifting purposes and just so I have backup in case I ever want to get off the cloning hamster wheel or take a break from a strain. (Talking about you Pineapple Chunk)
So yeah- that's a good project idea. Try to find a nook somewhere for that led, where a hermied plant or a male might survive a few weeks without getting discovered. Hmmm.... challenging.

I've been having similar seed ideas lately Weas.

So, I'm having an issue with my 2Ls.
The damn things are growing plants that are way heavier than the pot and medium that they're sitting in. I mean, it's a good problem to have and all, but when you open your grow room door and find a plant on it's side with a big pile of perlite floating about... it becomes a touch less wonderful.
I've started stringing them up with a bungee cord hooked to a wire above. I think my next move will be to glue a square base to the 2Ls.
Thoughts?

Not a bad call with glueing them down. I only have that problem when i go too long without watering even then they don't fall over unless i bump them lol. Maybe rocks in the bottom, but glueing them down seems better lol. Sucks that that's happening to you, hopefully you don't switch back to bigger pots lol.

I've been having similar seed ideas lately Weas.

So, I'm having an issue with my 2Ls.
The damn things are growing plants that are way heavier than the pot and medium that they're sitting in. I mean, it's a good problem to have and all, but when you open your grow room door and find a plant on it's side with a big pile of perlite floating about... it becomes a touch less wonderful.
I've started stringing them up with a bungee cord hooked to a wire above. I think my next move will be to glue a square base to the 2Ls.
Thoughts?

Source out the 2L trays the pop companies use when shipping to the store. Holds 8 bottles and work great!!

Brb, I will upload a pic of one. I have a bunch of them.

Here ya go, they work awesome!! I'm going to be doing another 2L SoG soon. Peace!!

20170218_112308.jpg

Can't beat Shaggn's idea. If I wasn't so late getting back here I would have suggested a jackleg version of his idea, which is what the did on my solo cup grow. Retaining screws into a 3/4" plywood base. fully adjustable and if you wanted to you could predrill smaller starter-holes all over the board. I didn't do that. Anyway- this worked very well. It looks a bit clunky but it held the plants totally snug and secure which was important when they got way taller than this.

image36353.jpg

image36355.jpg

Back
Top Bottom