The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too worried about that:
"In legal terms, a parody is a literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect..." The [Supreme] Court determined that ... parody was protected under the Fair Use doctrine because the original work was transformed. As a result, parodies are entitled to strong First Amendment protection."
Source

;)

Not to get into a big debate about ph and nutrients as there is zillions of threads on the subject, but when i mix the megacrop as per directions I get a pH of around 5.5, our local water is very soft at around 15-20 ppm so probably has no buffering capability. Should I up the pH a bit before use. Using more or less soiless mixes.

Are others getting the same pH when mixed or is it perhaps just my batch?

Moses bring MC.jpg

Unless you would prefer one with the big red circle with the line through it. I have that copy as well...
Nice work on that photoshop job! I'm old enough to get the reference.

Also, I just realized the old timer on the MC bag is smoking a phatty.

Not to get into a big debate about ph and nutrients as there is zillions of threads on the subject, but when i mix the megacrop as per directions I get a pH of around 5.5, our local water is very soft at around 15-20 ppm so probably has no buffering capability. Should I up the pH a bit before use. Using more or less soiless mixes.

The most important question is whether your mixes are buffered with lime or something similar.

uh oh, sorry horse, this got lost in the penny drama. mc does not build up in the same fashion as most nutes.

short answer : follow your heart on this one, there are guys all over the map on this. you can treat mc as any other nute, and flush as usual if that is your process, and what you are all comfy with. :)

i grow in hempy which is similar. (insert lecture as to why better.... lol) :cheesygrinsmiley:
what i do is feed through the whole grow, and once i decide i'm in the chop window i go to water only for the last 3 days.

i do this directly with MC. hope that helps.

Ha ha, I started growing in perlite hempies, but eventually coco in airpots suited me best. Tried a couple of coco hempies w/ perlite rez's last summer, but for some reason the ap's just do better for me!

3 days sounds good to me, hope it sounds good to a Jamaican Hashplant, lol!

Thanks!

Do you add cal-mag?

It doesn't matter if things get buried by debates on Ph or flushing, or pics of movie madness, this thread moves fast as hell, and it's hard to keep up with. I would love to respond to lots of things, but by the time 12 hours has passed, I feel like I'm necroing because it's 2 pages ago.
I come here to learn, so I wish people with these concepts to explain, like checking soil ph, not water ph, or checking alkalinity over ph, would explain these things in a way that people without a PhD can understand lol. I want to get it, but I'm lost before I can get started- we're stoners, not scientists. If what we're doing is wrong, what is the procedure, not just the concept, of doing it right? How do I get the information or do the test to get the water alkalinity or soil ph? Can we get links to your sources? And can you please explain the term the first time, before using shorthand or nicknames? Someone asked how to use Si- what the hell is that?
I wish we could all just go a little easier on each other. Not be sure sure that we are doing it all right, and the person who just posted different techniques/results than me must be wrong, help those trying to follow along to keep up? There's going to be content, with so many active people contributing. If we can just foster a helpful learning environment, then I think it will be a more effective learning tool for all.

It doesn't matter if things get buried by debates on Ph or flushing, or pics of movie madness, this thread moves fast as hell, and it's hard to keep up with. I would love to respond to lots of things, but by the time 12 hours has passed, I feel like I'm necroing because it's 2 pages ago.
I come here to learn, so I wish people with these concepts to explain, like checking soil ph, not water ph, or checking alkalinity over ph, would explain these things in a way that people without a PhD can understand lol. I want to get it, but I'm lost before I can get started- we're stoners, not scientists. If what we're doing is wrong, what is the procedure, not just the concept, of doing it right? How do I get the information or do the test to get the water alkalinity or soil ph? Can we get links to your sources? And can you please explain the term the first time, before using shorthand or nicknames? Someone asked how to use Si- what the hell is that?
I wish we could all just go a little easier on each other. Not be sure sure that we are doing it all right, and the person who just posted different techniques/results than me must be wrong, help those trying to follow along to keep up? There's going to be content, with so many active people contributing. If we can just foster a helpful learning environment, then I think it will be a more effective learning tool for all.

hi @SauronBlue Si- refers to silicon / silicate. it is added to mixes to help the plants gain extra strength and stress resistance, leading to larger yield in theory. the most popular product is Armor SI. can be used in any situation but mostly relevant to dwc / rdwc. whether useful with mc or not is a personal decision.

you are gonna find abbreviations all over the forum. it is the new cell speak and impossible to avoid

i am slowly compiling this for the newer folk -

mega crop primer

you may find it helpful. i'm a few installments behind.

all of the concepts and processes you refer to are done in any growing context, regardless of type of nute. you'd be figgering them any way.

part of the issue arises from the fact there are growers with several different levels of experience contributing. some of the more experienced growers aren't going to describe basic processes in every post.

don't be afraid to ask questions if there is a concept or something you don't understand. we will definitely try to get you properly informed. :)

I do have a bottle of it and have used in the past, but not so far with megacrop as I am new to this nutrient. I have read that it may or may not be needed. So far with my latest grow I haven't seen any deficiency.

a lot of folk start with it - mostly due to habit and nerves. if you can ween yourself away you'll be way happy .... :cheesygrinsmiley:

i'm in hempy, with RO, rolling 600 true watt hard driven cob, and i drive the plants hard. hard. possibly the harshest conditions for cal-mag you could fly.

i use no cal-mag. none. dropped it and never once looked over the shoulder. just learned the nute.

i do have it on hand if disaster. probably giving it away soon before it expires tho.... :p

I was talking to this random dude at the bar last night. Quaffing a pint of Belgian Tripple. The topic turned to hydroponic gardening and after a couple more beers and bowl in the parking lot he laid these on me no charge.

IMG_20200229_174752209.jpg
5 non feminized photos. Not bad for a Friday night.

I was talking to this random dude at the bar last night. Quaffing a pint of Belgian Tripple. The topic turned to hydroponic gardening and after a couple more beers and bowl in the parking lot he laid these on me no charge.

IMG_20200229_174752209.jpg
5 non feminized photos. Not bad for a Friday night.

Tangie x purple kush?

Yes please!

Great score!

Second mega crop buds amazing smell super frosty ! And super sticky well pleased with mega crop will take pics of my other plants they came down also

Hi everyone. I’ve been off for awhile. Wondering how Mc is working. I’ve been using for 4 months and seems ok in hydro. I’m looking for info on needing cal mag? I use ro water and haven’t been using it. I’m running veg at 1.2 but thinking of going up. I was at 1.4 ec but noticed my ec rising telling me plants were drinking water,but not using all the nutes? Any info would help like ec amount people are running

Attachments

• 37F929CB-FF08-4D35-9E81-74ABE8262DDB.jpeg
    37F929CB-FF08-4D35-9E81-74ABE8262DDB.jpeg
    868.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 35EAC8EF-759C-4527-A15B-7C87A5C9D76D.jpeg
    35EAC8EF-759C-4527-A15B-7C87A5C9D76D.jpeg
    930.2 KB · Views: 99
  • C66D068F-1C69-413D-9454-FAE722E5C0E0.jpeg
    C66D068F-1C69-413D-9454-FAE722E5C0E0.jpeg
    937.2 KB · Views: 107
Ah, very good point, just started using Promix HP, and I will have to look at the bag, but think it does include lime. But even if I was just using straight coco should I perhaps up the pH a bit to at least 5.8
The manufacturer of ProMix says there is no need to adjust the pH of your nutrient solution. None at all. Feel free to skip it.

Coco is hydro so adjusting pH is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom