The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lucky I guess not having to supplement calmag with my MC/dwc garden.
OG Cheese, Biscotti and so far Bday Cake all without anything but MC.
I don't use RO just straight tap water.

Edit: Biscotti was grown in soil
the tap is likely key FBB. MC looks primarily aimed at commercial. for cost reasons the industry probably isn't filtering to RO levels, and some re-use water. MC would probably lend itself to those practices.

edit : should add - my ro comes out at 7 or so ppm on the 700 scale. probably all calcium.

I have a shit load of Canna products onhand, but after this grow going to take the 5 liter jugs of A&B to my Hydro guy and trade them for probably Canna Coco or maybe new lamps for my two 315's. I will then order the latest version of MC.
Does everyone go by the MC feeding chart? Using Canna A&B I use quarter to 1/3 rates, basically 200 to 250 ppm in veg and 300 to 350 in flower, Less is More.
I would assume that if I reduce the rate of MC to match these rates I would need to add additional Cal/Mag. I emailed MC and ask about Cannazym, Rhizotonic, and Boost and they said they were not need with MC but did not answer about reduced rates. According to their website in the section for Dialing In Feeding they say go by color of the plant and adjust the amount of product to add. This is basically what I do now with Canna, I increase or decrease the rate of A&B according to the color of the plant.
They did not answer my question on reducing the rate of MC and having to add any supplements.

I have a shit load of Canna products onhand, but after this grow going to take the 5 liter jugs of A&B to my Hydro guy and trade them for probably Canna Coco or maybe new lamps for my two 315's. I will then order the latest version of MC.
Does everyone go by the MC feeding chart? Using Canna A&B I use quarter to 1/3 rates, basically 200 to 250 ppm in veg and 300 to 350 in flower, Less is More.
I would assume that if I reduce the rate of MC to match these rates I would need to add additional Cal/Mag. I emailed MC and ask about Cannazym, Rhizotonic, and Boost and they said they were not need with MC but did not answer about reduced rates. According to their website in the section for Dialing In Feeding they say go by color of the plant and adjust the amount of product to add. This is basically what I do now with Canna, I increase or decrease the rate of A&B according to the color of the plant.
They did not answer my question on reducing the rate of MC and having to add any supplements.
Good to see you going to give MC a try .
I see everyone trying different things with it . Only thing I’ve added was 10% of what calimagic asked for because I’m running ro water.
I use 2 grams a gallon for the cloner and as soon as the roots hit I leave it for two weeks then it’s what’s on the bag 4 grams a gallon unless I see it needs more then I’ll change the dwc bucket and up to 5 grams . These Dosidos are in 4 grams a gallon with 4 mL of calimagic per 4 gallons!
19B79D75-52CF-4C7F-ACF8-CAE41D147066.jpeg
E57B6E72-8C71-44D1-9C2A-BC33FD2A3FA4.jpeg

I’m glad you pull all of these together, and bookmark.

it's a collective. and i'm super behind.
truthfully most of the folk hanging out this deep in the thread are far past the primer. it is intended for newer people.

multi uses @farside05 's schedule. suggest you get hold of it. it balances the nutes in an n-p-k 2:blushsmile:3 ratio - that's the entire playing field for cannabis - heading out of it is where problems occur. i am probably referencing it in the primer we are building for the thread.

it seems there are more folk who feel the need to supplement cal-mag in dwc / rdwc than other media. i am passive hydro - hempy - on RO and under cob from day 1. some of the harshest conditions for cal-mag, and i dropped it no worries, and haven't bothered looking back.

when looking at the ratios the newest version of MC is 1.43:blushsmile:2.6, suggesting there is room for a 1-0-0 or 2-0-0 cal-mag product if used modestly. this is also where there is a tiny bit of headroom left for a conservative p-k booster, as they can bring a small amount of n in some cases.

wish i had the understanding of how it is dwc / rdwc keeps hitting this wall. keep posting guys. :)

edit : should add - @farside05 uses his schedule in other media. in the experience of the board we have seen it useful in dwc / rdwc.
My plants would cannabilize themselves for their calcium if I didn’t use any. simple as that, I tried it and that’s exactly what happened. The plants I gave cal-mag too are healthy and huge. MC does not provide all the calcium my plants need, period.

So in coco and ro water you should use extra calcium?
I cannot speak on what you’ll need, I was just giving my experience. Some people need extra calcium, some don’t. In my experience, I definitely did. I’m not telling people to add calcium I’m just throwing it out there that you MAY need some extra calcium that’s all.

On a side note my dog got into my room with my seedlings and decided my rockwool cubes were her new toys. Lol needless to say 4 seedlings are now in plant heaven.

My buddy's little dog like to get into the ashtray and get roaches out and eat them, with it being mostly smoked the THC is activated and that little pup will be standing there and all of a sudden just fall over.

Coco coir, water from the RO, and LEDs is the combination most likely to need some extra calmag. I needed it, but didn't add any until after reaching 5gm / US gal. I only needed about 1ml calmag / 10 - 15gm Mega Crop. Others needed more. Keep an eye on your plants, and they'll let you know if they need more.

It 's more like you *may* need to, lol! I'm using RO, coco, and have been using MC for 9 months (all 3 iterations) and have not needed any Ca. I have needed some Mag, and a few epsom foliars take care of that. I've also raised my pH to 6-6.2 in bloom, it seems that Mg is taken up a bit better at a higher pH, at least with my dealio!

Right on, ya I know a lot of people don’t need to use any cal-mag at all. I wish I was in the same boat lol my plants have needed cal-mag since they were little. It’s apart of my normal routine by this point. I experimented by not giving plants cal-mag (died, and had extremely slow growth) also just increasing the dose of MC to negate needing to add cal-mag did not work either as I ended up with toxicities from the MC... My only option was a straight cal-mag supplement with no nitrogen. If I added botanicare (that has nitrogen) my cal-mag problem would be solved but then Id have a nitro toxicity lol So as soon as I started adding a cal-mag Supplement with no nitro everything went off without a hitch. I wasn’t saying that if you use MC you have to use cal-mag or anything like that, I was just throwing it out there that certain set ups do need cal-mag... I assume I need so much cal-mag because I’m growing DWC with RO water? Only reason I’m throwing it out there is because I had a lot of problems when first using mc and it all chalked up to needing a good cal-mag supplement. All in all though, it’s a very simple way to grow plants, and it does a damn good job. I got a couple monsters going now all due to MC. The thing I love about it most, is it’s so simplified that literally anyone could grow good plants with this nutrient lol it literally does not get any easier then this.
I was thinking the variable may be the water as to why some need calmag with MC. It makes sense you are using RO water and need calmag and I am using about 120ppm Lake Erie water and don't need it. More than one way to skin a cat! All Good. :high-five:

Coco coir, water from the RO, and LEDs is the combination most likely to need some extra calmag. I needed it, but didn't add any until after reaching 5gm / US gal. I only needed about 1ml calmag / 10 - 15gm Mega Crop. Others needed more. Keep an eye on your plants, and they'll let you know if they need more.
Have you used any PK boosters in flower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom