The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Got slightly worse last light then noticeably worse tonight. Temps been this way for quite some time. Probably entire grow but will sort out the temps just the same

Thx!
89A2AEC3-7470-4A60-B656-94AC78AFCC7B.jpeg
0B8A85A3-0B64-4FFA-BEC6-75E0C43F1F42.jpeg
154407DD-668A-48D7-A377-091D94E0BE1D.jpeg
2AA2722E-6325-4D1C-B68C-55F3002175E2.jpeg
Looks just the same as mine, but not as far along as mine. Flushed them last night now I'm waiting for the color change and damage to stop. Still yellowing and curled ends.

The Mega Crop Primer Primer

this thread has evolved to the point where new folk who wish to try mega crop are getting lost in the discussion. a few folk have asked that something be put together to alleviate this. this is the first attempt at doing so. i will ask the mods to allow me to edit this moving forward as we clarify particular questions. i will likely call on some experienced members for their input.

i may have to do this in a few posts then bookmark them at first. stay tuned....

this thread has evolved to the point where new folk who wish to try mega crop are getting lost in the discussion. a few folk have asked that something be put something together to alleviate this. this is the first attempt at doing so. i will ask the mods to allow me to edit this moving forward as we clarify particular questions. i will likely call on some experienced members for their input.

i may have to do this in a few posts then bookmark them at first. stay tuned....

Get how you want the main post to be edited and DM Teddy or report the main post and add the new text

You can do that as often, I think, as you want

this thread has evolved to the point where new folk who wish to try mega crop are getting lost in the discussion. a few folk have asked that something be put together to alleviate this. this is the first attempt at doing so. i will ask the mods to allow me to edit this moving forward as we clarify particular questions. i will likely call on some experienced members for their input.

If collecting links to various posts, don't forget #160, by @farside05 in your list.

If collecting links to various posts, don't forget #160, by @farside05 in your list.

the newer formula probably makes this obsolete. when reaching out greenleaf is pretty adamant nothing else needs run with it. i do plan of having a bit of a separate topic covering rdwc tho, as you guys seem to create encounter the most issues.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I figured you were linking to this one which was my version of a primer.

the newer formula probably makes this obsolete. when reaching out greenleaf is pretty adamant nothing else needs run with it. i do plan of having a bit of a separate topic covering rdwc tho, as you guys seem to create encounter the most issues.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That is my schedule for the newer formula. Is it "necessary" to use anything other than Mega Crop? No. Do I still think there is a hole or two in their formula that could be filled (ie Silica)? Yes. Hence my supplementing it.

That is my schedule for the newer formula. Is it "necessary" to use anything other than Mega Crop? No. Do I still think there is a hole or two in their formula that could be filled (ie Silica)? Yes. Hence my supplementing it.

don't worry guys, i plan on touching on this. i also feel it is appropriate in other circumstances as well. this our primer, for us, not a greenleaf advertising extension... :p

Actually, no, it doesn't. For a couple reasons. As farside mentioned (quoted below as well) he likes it for the additional silica. However, it also really helps out when someone needs to supplement with calmag as well. It helps keep that N:K thing in check. So even though it was targeted/designed with supplementing silica in mind, there is a lot of flexibility in it as well.

It also is a great timeline for when to start and when to bump your feed. While it cannot be stated enough to watch the plants, this is still a really good guideline for plants that are growing well. (Provided someone isn't falling prey to "bottle fever", so to speak.)

No, but that is definitely something that needs to be in this collection.

Exactly. I've used it for the extra silica, and I've also used it to balance out additional calmag. There's a lot of good stuff in there, including the feed strength timeline. It may be a hair aggressive, but not overly so, and has worked very well on my stuff.

Edit to add: I did find a non-nitrogen calmag supplement. It's Organic CalMag made by True Plant Science. Seems to be doing the trick for me.

Actually, no, it doesn't. For a couple reasons. As farside mentioned (quoted below as well) he likes it for the additional silica. However, it also really helps out when someone needs to supplement with calmag as well. It helps keep that N:K thing in check. So even though it was targeted/designed with supplementing silica in mind, there is a lot of flexibility in it as well.

It also is a great timeline for when to start and when to bump your feed. While it cannot be stated enough to watch the plants, this is still a really good guideline for plants that are growing well. (Provided someone isn't falling prey to "bottle fever", so to speak.)

No, but that is definitely something that needs to be in this collection.

Exactly. I've used it for the extra silica, and I've also used it to balance out additional calmag. There's a lot of good stuff in there, including the feed strength timeline. It may be a hair aggressive, but not overly so, and has worked very well on my stuff.

Edit to add: I did find a non-nitrogen calmag supplement. It's Organic CalMag made by True Plant Science. Seems to be doing the trick for me.

relax multi... we got you guys. need to make sure i get more basic stuff covered best first.

welcome to

The Mega Crop Primer.... buried in the thread.... pt. 1

hi. this post is intended to give some basic info and guidance to those curious about what this mega crop stuff is. it is not intended to replace the information available on the mega crop website, maintained by greenleaf nutrients. it is recommended that anyone considering using this product read through the greenleaf nutrient site thoroughly.

yeah right. we know you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i am not affiliated with mega crop or greenleaf nutrients in any way whatsoever.

what is mega crop ?

at it's simplest mega crop is a dry cannabis nutrient that you add water to and mix yourself. it is really that straight forward.

this is a little different than most of the nutes out there, as the others are pretty much all in bottles. older hydro guys like myself are a little more familiar with mixing dry nutes, at one point in the evolution of growing, they were common. in one way, things have come full circle. the advantage to a dry nute over a bottled nute is cost, you do not pay for the water that arrives in a bottled nute.

the differences don't stop there. mega crop is a different type of nute than nearly anything in a bottle. the majority content of most bottled nutrients are mineral - salt - based. they are mined from rock, or derived from ammonia, then processed into salts, which are dissolved in water and sold to you in bottles.

bottled salt-based nutrients use a chemical called EDTA, to make the nutrients available to the plant in a form the plant can use. the plant needs this, as the nutrients we feed them, are not the type they would find in nature. this occurs through a process called Chelation. simplified, edta binds with the minerals, making them available to the plant.

edta is a foreign substance to the plant, and is not something found in nature at all. both edta, and the unused salts, build up in the growing media over time, creating possible unwanted issues. nutrient lockouts, toxicity, loads of nasty stuff..

while mega crop has a basic salt content, the majority is derived from other sources. more importantly, because of this, mega crop uses a different type of chelation process to make the nutrient available to the plant. mega crop utilizes a natural process involving amino acids. amino acids are the building block of life and are used by every living system. including you.

the process mega crop utilizes is known as amino-chelation. this process is much more natural to the plant, and allows the plant to behave more like it would in nature. not exactly the same, but much closer in comparison to edta products.

just one bag ?

mega crop is designed as one thing start thru finish. it is built as a complete formula with everything you need. mega crop combines their base nutrient with their additives, supplements and boosters all into one formula. the amino-chelation allows them to do this. goodbye to those half-dozen plus bottles needed to get you through a grow.

this approach both saves money and greatly simplifies the feeding process. one of the best reasons to use this nute.

no really, just one bag ?

geeeeze... relax sonny... yes just one bag. of course everyone here tries to push the envelope to iceman and maverick levels...

highway to the danger zone... highway to the danger zone... :cheesygrinsmiley:

within the thread itself you will find a few folk using a couple things alongside mega crop. in the experience of the board it is most appropriate in rdwc applications. those mixing stuff with MC are mostly experienced growers, and really have what they are up to nailed down. some are simply exploring how far they can take their plants as a hobbyist. some others have destroyed plants at nuclear levels trying it.

my contribution to exploding stuff by mixing it with MC.... :confused:

the key to mega crop is learning to grow with only the nute itself before experimenting. most who strike out on there own thinking they know better ....well, strike out. the best advice anyone can give you is use it as a stand alone first, and get that experience under your belt.

this holds for all media, in all situations across the board. in particular, if you have recently purchased a bag of MC. the newest version has been tweaked for difficult media.

what what what newest version ?

there are currently three versions of MC floating around. only the newest is available, unless you source it from someplace that had an old bag. the stuff sells fast enough that it should not be an issue if you are in north america and reading this. this primer pertains mostly to the newest version.

MC itself refers to the three versions as version 1.0, version 2.0, and version 2.5. version 1 going to 2 was the largest overhaul. the latest version is a minor upgrade, so only earned the 2.5. it also suggests other versions in the future.

the npk values have changed somewhat with different versions. someone will have to fill me in on the npk for the first version. maybe i can edit this after.

version 1 npk was 10-5.5-14.5. so it was the biggest overhaul. thanks to @FelipeBlu for that. you really need to post more of your excellent hempys here btw.... :)

version 2 npk is 9-6-17. version 2.5 wound up at 10-7-18. there was not a lot separating the two versions. greenleaf changed the formula mostly for coco, hydro, and other extremely neutral media. the change was so little that greenleaf packaged the 2.5 version in the version 2.0 bags. new packaging reflecting the change may be currently shipping.

the feeding schedules for all 3 versions are identical.

so what's with their other stuff then, huh ?

greenleaf itself does make stand alone supplements, intended to be used with MC or other types of nutes. these products are aimed at the types of higher level growers just mentioned. we're gonna tag a few in the following posts.

in order to facilitate these growers, MC has an elemental calculator available on their site so advanced growers can balance everything they use, and be seriously sciencey, while avoiding my hiroshima result. :rolleyes:

my advice to the rest of you is follow their threads and advice if you are peeing yourself in anticipation of running that way... :cheesygrinsmiley:

will get in to media, feeding schedules, and how to actually grow with the stuff in the next few posts...

for the moment...

:bongrip:

cheers. it's gonna take few days to pull it all together. i'm bookmarking. then i'll ask a mod if can string it all together and maybe huck it at the front.

i'm listening to other members as i go.

was about time i did this. things were getting sideways. i encourage the debates and new info, but the heat and rhetoric were getting in the way of regular folk looking for straight goods. this thread needs to be for all, but in particular the newer folk. they can get the rest along the way.

some reading anyone?

from mega crap,,

About solubility of Mega Crop and CalMag

admin
January 19, 2020

Calcium and Magnesium and Sulfur
Starting with Mega Crop v2, we started to add some extra Magnesium Sulfate to boost Magnesium (Mg) levels (one of the main complaints from the first version of Mega Crop was Mg issues). Boosting Mg bring in an extra problem of adding more Sulfur (S) into the solution, as most people familiar with Hydroponics growing will know that Calcium and Sulfur react at high concentrations to form a white crystal precipitate.
A similar situation is found with the CalMag product. In order to get very high Magnesium levels, without raising Nitrogen so high, you will have to use again Magnesium Sulfate. We currently have a few different formulas of CalMag. The original CalMag contained little Magnesium Sulfate, so there was 0 noticeable precipitate even at high concentrations mixing (liquid concentrates or injector concentrates). Later we boosted the formula to have even much higher Magnesium and boosted the Magnesium Sulfate levels, however now in this case, the precipitate problem is more pronounced at high concentrations.
Usability

Both of the above formulas, with using normal dosage to plants (at normal concentrations), can be used fairly normally with near 100% availability of nutrients. If there are small amounts of white precipitates immediately after mixing, after 12-24 hours it will have dissolved completely. Also, during the initial mixing , if you slowly mix and gradually stir in, there is less likelihood of precipitate forming. Again, even if there is, eventually it will be dissolved fully into water or media after several hours. It becomes more of a problem when mixing at high concentrations for injector use, since a larger % of the precipitate will be present in the water and potentially causing clogging of equipment. Note, even with the higher % of precipitate when mixing at a high concentrate, once the liquid solution is eventually diluted into normal feeding conditions to the plant, since the concentrations are low they will eventually fully dissolve within 12-24 hours as mentioned.
So, right now the only group really harmed by the solubility issues mentioned above are fertilizer injector users. That is why we plan to release a Mega Crop 2-Part formula in 2020, which would solve this problem and allow fertilizer injector users to run at extremely high concentrations 100x + without precipitation or solubility issues. As for the CalMag issue, we want to have a CalMag with lower N and higher Mg, since most of the issues people purchase the product for are Mg related. We have a few different options available now, including the option to even release a new pure Magnesium (Mg) product standalone.

welcome to

The Mega Crop Primer.... buried in the thread.... pt. 1

hi. this post is intended to give some basic info and guidance to those curious about what this mega crop stuff is. it is not intended to replace the information available on the mega crop website, maintained by greenleaf nutrients. it is recommended that anyone considering using this product read through the greenleaf nutrient site thoroughly.

yeah right. we know you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i am not affiliated with mega crop or greenleaf nutrients in any way whatsoever.

what is mega crop ?

at it's simplest mega crop is a dry cannabis nutrient that you add water to and mix yourself. it is really that straight forward.

this is a little different than most of the nutes out there, as the others are pretty much all in bottles. older hydro guys like myself are a little more familiar with mixing dry nutes, at one point in the evolution of growing, they were common. in one way, things have come full circle. the advantage to a dry nute over a bottled nute is cost, you do not pay for the water that arrives in a bottled nute.

the differences don't stop there. mega crop is a different type of nute than nearly anything in a bottle. the majority content of most bottled nutrients are mineral - salt - based. they are mined from rock, or derived from ammonia, then processed into salts, which are dissolved in water and sold to you in bottles.

bottled salt-based nutrients use a chemical called EDTA, to make the nutrients available to the plant in a form the plant can use. the plant needs this, as the nutrients we feed them, are not the type they would find in nature. this occurs through a process called Chelation. simplified, edta binds with the minerals, making them available to the plant.

edta is a foreign substance to the plant, and is not something found in nature at all. both edta, and the unused salts, build up in the growing media over time, creating possible unwanted issues. nutrient lockouts, toxicity, loads of nasty stuff..

while mega crop has a basic salt content, the majority is derived from other sources. more importantly, because of this, mega crop uses a different type of chelation process to make the nutrient available to the plant. mega crop utilizes a natural process involving amino acids. amino acids are the building block of life and are used by every living system. including you.

the process mega crop utilizes is known as amino-chelation. this process is much more natural to the plant, and allows the plant to behave more like it would in nature. not exactly the same, but much closer in comparison to edta products.

just one bag ?

mega crop is designed as one thing start thru finish. it is built as a complete formula with everything you need. mega crop combines their base nutrient with their additives, supplements and boosters all into one formula. the amino-chelation allows them to do this. goodbye to those half-dozen plus bottles needed to get you through a grow.

this approach both saves money and greatly simplifies the feeding process. one of the best reasons to use this nute.

no really, just one bag ?

geeeeze... relax sonny... yes just one bag. of course everyone here tries to push the envelope to iceman and maverick levels...

highway to the danger zone... highway to the danger zone... :cheesygrinsmiley:

within the thread itself you will find a few folk using a couple things alongside mega crop. in the experience of the board it is most appropriate in rdwc applications. those mixing stuff with MC are mostly experienced growers, and really have what they are up to nailed down. some are simply exploring how far they can take their plants as a hobbyist. some others have destroyed plants at nuclear levels trying it.

my contribution to exploding stuff by mixing it with MC.... :confused:

the key to mega crop is learning to grow with only the nute itself before experimenting. most who strike out on there own thinking they know better ....well, strike out. the best advice anyone can give you is use it as a stand alone first, and get that experience under your belt.

this holds for all media, in all situations across the board. in particular, if you have recently purchased a bag of MC. the newest version has been tweaked for difficult media.

what what what newest version ?

there are currently three versions of MC floating around. only the newest is available, unless you source it from someplace that had an old bag. the stuff sells fast enough that it should not be an issue if you are in north america and reading this. this primer pertains mostly to the newest version.

MC itself refers to the three versions as version 1.0, version 2.0, and version 2.5. version 1 going to 2 was the largest overhaul. the latest version is a minor upgrade, so only earned the 2.5. it also suggests other versions in the future.

the npk values have changed somewhat with different versions. someone will have to fill me in on the npk for the first version. maybe i can edit this after.

version 1 npk was 10-5.5-14.5. so it was the biggest overhaul. thanks to @FelipeBlu for that. you really need to post more of your excellent hempys here btw.... :)

version 2 npk is 9-6-17. version 2.5 wound up at 10-7-18. there was not a lot separating the two versions. greenleaf changed the formula mostly for coco, hydro, and other extremely neutral media. the change was so little that greenleaf packaged the 2.5 version in the version 2.0 bags. new packaging reflecting the change may be currently shipping.

the feeding schedules for all 3 versions are identical.

so what's with their other stuff then, huh ?

greenleaf itself does make stand alone supplements, intended to be used with MC or other types of nutes. these products are aimed at the types of higher level growers just mentioned. we're gonna tag a few in the following posts.

in order to facilitate these growers, MC has an elemental calculator available on their site so advanced growers can balance everything they use, and be seriously sciencey, while avoiding my hiroshima result. :rolleyes:

my advice to the rest of you is follow their threads and advice if you are peeing yourself in anticipation of running that way... :cheesygrinsmiley:

will get in to media, feeding schedules, and how to actually grow with the stuff in the next few posts...

for the moment...

:bongrip:

Great write up! I am joining in on MC! I received my first bag the other day and will start on my next feeding. I am very nervous, but I know the fam here will cheer me on my way to delicious robust buds. I changed from Green planet that I use now and honestly they are fine but I don't have the BIG big buds so after following my @MrSauga and reading this very lengthy story MC thred I jumped ship and hope to hang with the MC crew lol. Thanks for all that contribute to this forum. Much love :kiss:

This is what I received, just thought I'd share what the company sent out to me.
A lifetime supply. Take out enough to fill a small jar that has a sealed lid. The product absorbs moisture like a sponge. Seal the unused bag up tightly and keep in a dry location. I use a mason jar for feeding and keep the remainder in a 5 gallon bucket sealed tightly.
It's very dusty so try not to disturb it too much. It stinks too.

Side note with GLN....bud explosion is now available to canada 500g 2500g options added. Was going to order this originally but reading through multiple threads including this one i think ill hold off FOR NOW....and see how my auto turns out without BE. Though its very tempting i see problems that has arised with added BE, and I, as a fairly newbie grower just arent quite ready for the 'next' level.

Edit: i am interested to see who is or will be using BE and who will go without.

Mini poll in my post. "Like" and choose....
Sad face = NO to BE
Love = YES to BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom