Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I figured I wouldn't be too busy tonight and if I got the wild hair I could pull it off. Right now I'm working a vehicle pursuit though.

Poking the bear huh? In real life I like to stir shit up and then stand back and watch myself, so I get it. :rofl:. I think I'll make it through the night. Maybe tomorrow if I have a few cocktails, things may be different. The post I have envisioned in my head would be best composed on a computer rather than a phone. It's just easier with all the copy and pasting, etc.

Stirring the pot might ruffle some feathers, but the end result is ALWAYS more refined knowledge, so at the expense of some feelings, your readers will be enlightened that much more. FWIW, IDK how anybody can manage their 420 stuff on a phone. I do 100% from a PC. I need physical buttons and a Window environment.

I miss the Trip Cheese I had. Big ass donkey dicks, super sweet flavored smoke and the high IMO was about 60% head and 40% body. I haven't had such good fortunes since and that was like 4 strains ago. I think I have one more TC bean in the stacsh, at least I hope I do.

Yup yup

Stirring the pot might ruffle some feathers, but the end result is ALWAYS more refined knowledge, so at the expense of some feelings, your readers will be enlightened that much more. FWIW, IDK how anybody can manage their 420 stuff on a phone. I do 100% from a PC. I need physical buttons and a Window environment.

Unfortunately I do most of mine on a phone just because that's what I have available when I'm at work, and that's when I have the most time on my hands. It's definitely more challenging. 420 mag activity on my work computer, especially in my profession, probably isn't the best idea.

Day 48, 13 from flip

Had to move the light up tonight. Everyone seemed to stretch an inch. Tallest girl was as 53k lux and I've had bleaching issues before around 60k so I like to try to keep them around 50k. Back left if light and will need fed in the AM. Front left and back right have a little heft left. Front right drinks the least and can probably go a couple more days. I'll also thin the hedges some tomorrow too. It's a little too leafy for my liking. Back left is starting to flower. Hopefully the rest will follow soon.

Dam brother that back left girl has already got buds starting form an its only been 13 days since the flip. Thats pretty nice man congrats an like always girls look top notch bro.

This was that girl i was talking about earlier that was having slight issues. Idk why but the lower leaves keep crisping up an dieing. Like you see here.

Then here is the lower an middle inside of the canopy.

An here it is zoomed in so u can see the leaves an shit thats all messy.

Then here is a full shot of her which she is kinda lookn good so idk whats wrong oh an the leaves are like spiky or sumthn on the edges idk its weird ive never had that b4.

Day 48, 13 from flip

Had to move the light up tonight. Everyone seemed to stretch an inch. Tallest girl was as 53k lux and I've had bleaching issues before around 60k so I like to try to keep them around 50k. Back left if light and will need fed in the AM. Front left and back right have a little heft left. Front right drinks the least and can probably go a couple more days. I'll also thin the hedges some tomorrow too. It's a little too leafy for my liking. Back left is starting to flower. Hopefully the rest will follow soon.

Front right is a bushy thing isnt she?

Dam brother that back left girl has already got buds starting form an its only been 13 days since the flip. Thats pretty nice man congrats an like always girls look top notch bro.

This was that girl i was talking about earlier that was having slight issues. Idk why but the lower leaves keep crisping up an dieing. Like you see here.

Then here is a full shot of her which she is kinda lookn good so idk whats wrong oh an the leaves are like spiky or sumthn on the edges idk its weird ive never had that b4.

This Italian girl needs a shave.....Schwazz it.

I agree with BVB, clean out her under carriage after the stretch has finished and bud sites have set (day 21-25 of 12/12). Lack of air flow mixed with lack of light will cause problems.

Poking the bear huh? In real life I like to stir shit up and then stand back and watch myself, so I get it. :rofl:. I think I'll make it through the night. Maybe tomorrow if I have a few cocktails, things may be different. The post I have envisioned in my head would be best composed on a computer rather than a phone. It's just easier with all the copy and pasting, etc.

Pairing suggestion: Woodford, on the rocks

:laugh:

As more and more people make the switch to Mega Crop I’m seeing a lot of misconceptions of what it is, or is not. Let’s examine further. To keep the high-brow scientific speak to a minimum, we’ll keep it simplified and in basic terms.

First let’s review some basics. The word “Salt or Salts” is thrown around often and it’s grossly misused. For the full article on Salts, see HERE in my journal. Otherwise, let us summarize. The general public thinks of Salt as the white granular stuff season your food with, NaCl, which is toxic to plants. This is NOT what we are talking about here. We are using the chemist view of Salts which is, “any molecule that is made up of two or more ions.” They are normally crystalline solids. There are hundreds of different kinds of Salts, some like Ammonium Nitrate and Potassium Chloride are common in fertilizer. When salts are dissolved in water, the ions in the salt separate and are no longer joined together. They are now properly called ions, not salt.

To recap, if you are using a DRY fertilizer that contains things like Potassium Nitrate (combination of Potassium and Nitrogen ions), Calcium Nitrate (Calcium and Nitrogen ions), and Magnesium Sulfate (Magnesium and Sulfur ions), these ARE Salts. Once you add that powder to a gallon or liter of water and dissolve it, it is no longer Salts its IONS. So guess what. Mega Crop IS a Salt based fertilizer. Is that bad? NOT AT ALL! In organic gardening, you may have substance that is consumed by a microorganism and it excretes a Nitrogen ion as a byproduct. That Nitrogen ion is NO DIFFERENT than the Nitrogen ion that is released when some Potassium Nitrate was dissolved in water. AN ION IS AN ION, THE PLANT KNOWS NO DIFFERENCE.

What about Salt build up? If you are this point and you’re asking this question, reread the previous two paragraphs. The moment you dissolved that solid into water it became ions, not salts. The question should be, What about a buildup or imbalance of unused ions? It may be nitpicky, but let’s use the correct vernacular. It could be that you supplied more of a particular ion than what the plant needed. Let’s pick one for examples sake. Let’s say that you provided more Phosphorus than the plat needed. That excess Phosphorous will build up in the growing medium over time and could cause issues. This is why it’s recommended that you water until there is a good runoff or periodically rinse your medium, to reset the balance of your intended feed.

Enough about Salts, let’s talk about Chelation. What is it and why is it necessary? In really simplified form, the metal trace elements needed for our plants tend to react poorly with growing mediums that are a pH level of 6.5 and above. Instead of being readily available to our plants, they bind with the medium instead. Think of a Chelated trace elementa as an M&M. Say the plant wants chocolate, but when you try to give it chocolate, it melts all over your hands, and not in the plants mouth. The solution? Let’s put a hard candy shell on the chocolate and turn it into an M&M. The plant consumes the M&M, getting the chocolate it craves from inside the hard candy shell, and you don’t get chocolate all over your hands. Chelation works much the same. The barrier that the trace element has been chelated with keeps it from sticking to the soil so the plant can uptake it though the roots or leaves.

Now that we know what Chelation is, what types are there? Traditionally EDTA has been used to Chelate the metal trace elements in fertilizers. It does its job quite well. The other type is Chelation with Amino Acids. Is this something new? No. Although you can find studies dating back to 2006 on Amino Acid Chelation, you haven’t really seen many products adopting it until 2015. So what is the difference? EDTA is a synthetic, non-biodegradable, product. It is considered a pollutant and can build up in animal and human tissue. Amino Acids are organic and biodegradable. They are not considered a pollutant to the environment and are more sustainable. In the 2006 study mentioned above, using rice crops as a test subject, the Amino Acid Chelated fertilizer produced 10% more yield. Amino Acid Chelation is more efficient than EDTA and supplies that plant with more of the trace minerals. Which type of Chelation does Mega Crop use? Amino Acid, whereas many of the other fertilizers are still using EDTA.

The low down on Chelation. It’s not a dirty word. You want your fertilizer Chelated. You want your trace minerals available over a wide pH range and available to your plant. The only valid argument against Chelation is that it was Chelated with EDTA and that it is a pollutant, non-biodegradable, and can build up in human tissue. Problem solved with Amino Acid Chelation.

So there are the meat and potatoes of Mega Crop, but it doesn’t end there. In your bag they also decided to throw in a side salad. Mega Crop also includes other amino acids, kelp extract, B vitamins, and a small amount of Silica. These are some things that growers have been supplementing their plants with, so they decided to add them to the mix. The benefit to you is that you now don’t have to have a bunch of extra supplements. Everything you need to grow a nice plant is included in the bag. Can you decide to supplement other things with Mega Crop? Yes. It’s up to you to make that decision, but it isn’t necessary. If you do, however, use caution, especially with high K boosters. Mega Crop has quite robust in K to begin with. Too much and you could lock out other things like Calcium.

Summary

What it is. Mega Crop is a complete powdered 1 part fertilizer. Being a dry fertilizer, you’re not paying for water which you could add yourself. You’re not paying for the shipping cost and weight of that water either. Plus you are getting a full strength product, not a watered down, diluted version. It contains all 17 required elements for plant growth. Many of the other products, both dry and liquid, will only contain the 8 essentials. On top of that it also contains some additives that many growers choose to supplement, cutting down your supplement cost. Since its one part, you also aren’t spending needless time mixing several bottles. It’s quick and easy.

What it is not. Mega Crop isn’t unicorn horn dust. It works just like any other fertilizer. Other fertilizers are Chelated too and allow for the uptake of required elements over a broad pH range, most just do so with EDTA instead of amino acids. It’s not “Salt Free”. The sources of N-P-K are the same “Salts” that other fertilizer companies are using. Look at a label where it says “derived from” (see photos of Mega Crop and Dyna Gro Foliage Pro below). There is no guarantee that unused ions will not build up in your growing medium. It is still recommended to feed to runoff, or occasionally rinse your medium, to maintain the optimum balance of all the nutrients. You can check this yourself quite easily. If you don’t water to the point of runoff for several feedings, do so once and catch that first bit and check it with your TDS meter. What I can guarantee is that it will be higher, probably significantly higher, than your input. Pour another gallon or so at your pot and check the runoff again. You will see a decline. So why was that initial runoff so much higher? Build up! It’s not a knock on Mega Crop at all. It’s just fertilizer basics 101. You will not be able to feed every element in exactly the amount the plant wants. The goal is to make sure there is an abundance, but not overly excessive amount, of everything it might want. It will pick and choose from the buffet from there. It won’t eat the whole buffet. There will be leftovers. Those leftovers will remain in your medium. They aren’t sucked in by the roots, travel up the stems, and transpired out the leaves. Your plant isn’t Bulimic.

I’m sure someone with a PhD in Botany will want to say I over simplified something or mince points. Please provide supporting documentation. I could have linked every article for reference material but chose to try to put things in everyday language and examples the average stoner can understand, since that's what most of us are.

Pairing suggestion: Woodford, on the rocks

:laugh:

George Dickel 12, Admiral Nelson's Cherry Rum and Diet Coke, Don Julio Resposado, those are the staples of my menu and normally stocked. The preceding post was done sans alcohol and probably came out better and less confrontational due to that fact.

Mmmmm.... I love scotch. :D

That summary was awesome. Very well explained, although I am curious how a peanut or almond m&m would interact. What about the jalapeno or coffee nut ones? :D :D :D

Seriously though, that's very well explained. Makes much more sense than some of the banter going around as well.

Mmmmm.... I love scotch. :D

That summary was awesome. Very well explained, although I am curious how a peanut or almond m&m would interact. What about the jalapeno or coffee nut ones? :D :D :D

Seriously though, that's very well explained. Makes much more sense than some of the banter going around as well.

All I can think of is Ron Burgundy..."I love Scotch, Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch". Frankly I like my Scotch (Glenlivet Blue Label) with a nice Cigar (preferably a Macanudo). I've got the Mac, but no Glenlivet.

After a couple readings, I noticed I had a lot of food references. It must be what I relate to well. PS, I'm 75 lbs overweight. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe we could say one trace mineral is like chocolate, another like a peanut, another coffee nut. They all get the amino acid candy shell. Analogy still works perfectly since there are multiple metal trace minerals that are chelated.

George Dickel 12, Admiral Nelson's Cherry Rum and Diet Coke, Don Julio Resposado, those are the staples of my menu and normally stocked. The preceding post was done sans alcohol and probably came out better and less confrontational due to that fact.
I'm a big fan of Bulleit Rye.
:drool:

But never turn down Woodford or Dickel.
:thumb:

I'm a big fan of Bulleit Rye.
:drool:

But never turn down Woodford or Dickel.
:thumb:

Touring George and Jacks place is educational yet very different experiences. They're somewhat local, an hour and a half away, and both distilleries are separated by just 15 miles. George's is small. 28 guys do everything from make the charcoal, mash, distill, mow, and manicure the grounds. Jack's place has more that 28 people just giving tours. I prefer George. It's a little less "in your face".

Back
Top Bottom