The Munki's Playground

I may have missed it but how did you end up advancing the concentration of your Lucas Formula. They say the plants will tell you what you need but I'm starting my first grow, so it's unlikely they are going to tell me much.

I wanted to tie it to something organic with the plants, not time so I was thinking internodes, 2 to the power of 0,1,2 and 3 (1st, 2nd, 4th and 8th internode). Starting at quarter-strength as you did and advancing by quarter-strengths: that would bring me to full strength. And then we would be near transplant time.

Looking back what are your thoughts. Being naive I want to be gentle.

It actually has been somewhat arbitrary on my nutrient concentrations. Water only first, then 1/4 strength nutes for a time like a week, then can go to full strength. If in a drain to waste system where the runnoff is thrown away, weaker nutrient concentrations can be used. I played with lower levels, but have ultimately just stuck with a level very close to the actual Lucas Formula strength. There appears to be a wide concentration range in which that Cannabis can grow well.

Day 51/61. (2nd week of flowering complete). All 5 plants are female.

Master Kush
090810-pic6.JPG

Ogre
090810-pic9.JPG

Blueberry Wowie
090810-pic12.JPG

Satori 1
090810-pic15.JPG

Satori 3
090810-pic17.JPG

Clones coming along. The cubes got pretty dry today and I may have lost one of the Satori 1 cuts but the rest look OK. I dipped the bottoms of the cubes in a cup containing 1/4 strength nutes with a drop of Superthrive in it.

090810-pic1.JPG

090810-pic2.JPG

090810-pic3.JPG

Munki, just finished all 18 pages and what a treat. Beautiful job logging your experience. Could you explain your ventilation system with the HomerBucket?

You asked a couple pages back about the smell of males and females. Consider it from the perspective of fertilization. Most pollen is wind-borne, but insects do their bit as well. after being peppered with the pollen from the males, something must attract them to the female. Whether it is a scent we can smell is up to speculation but there's a certain logic to it. Females would be the more pleasant smelling and more pungent.

Munki, just finished all 18 pages and what a treat. Beautiful job logging your experience. Could you explain your ventilation system with the HomerBucket?

The bucket just gets the filter off the ground. It is a DIY carbon srubber filter with a pre-filter made from a swamp cooler mat.

Here is where I first posted about it.

PhotoTron Grow with Ebb N Flow

I got a big bag of Activated Carbon from here.

Carbon Activated Corporation

It is recommended to get the smallest particulate size from the coconut shell. That is the 4 x 6. Smallest bag they sell is 55 pounds which will recharge my filter about 6 - 8 times. Came out to about $1/pound.

You asked a couple pages back about the smell of males and females. Consider it from the perspective of fertilization. Most pollen is wind-borne, but insects do their bit as well. after being peppered with the pollen from the males, something must attract them to the female. Whether it is a scent we can smell is up to speculation but there's a certain logic to it. Females would be the more pleasant smelling and more pungent.

Well some of my plants are pungent while others are absent of odor but all are females.

They are showing new growth today. Trimmed off the dead or drained leaves and watered again today with nutrients and superthrive.

091810-pic1.JPG
091810-pic2.JPG
091810-pic3.JPG

Clones in same position the next day. Is there any visible new growth? EDIT: Not much that I can see in one day.

All got watered/fed after these pics, so they will be shifted around the next time.

091910-pic1.JPG

091910-pic2.JPG

091910-pic3.JPG

Day 63/73 (completing 4th week of flowering)

Blueberry Wowie
092110-pic1.JPG

Satori 3
092110-pic3.JPG

Satori 1
092110-pic5.JPG

Master Kush
092110-pic10.JPG

Ogre
092110-pic7.JPG

092110-pic8.JPG

Clones are coming along. Watered/fed today. I removed the one that has the tiny leaves as it won't make the cut. Prefer to have the extra space.

092210-pic11.JPG

092210-pic13.JPG

092210-pic12.JPG

092210-pic14.JPG

Clones are now show signs of solid growth. Fed and watered them again today and trimmed a few dead leaves. Light has been raised to be a few inches above the plants and the light is now on a timer. Running it for 11 hours, then three 20 minute doses of light evenly spaced out during the dark period. Lights are only out for 3 hours at a time. This should keep them in vegetative state but slow down their growth rate. I don't need them mature just yet.

092410-pic1.JPG

092410-pic2.JPG

092410-pic3.JPG

Light has been raised to be a few inches above the plants and the light is now on a timer. Running it for 11 hours, then three 20 minute doses of light evenly spaced out during the dark period. Lights are only out for 3 hours at a time. This should keep them in vegetative state but slow down their growth rate...

Well, that'll piss 'em off--! :)

"zzzz...w'ha?...zzzzzzz....h'unh?...zzzzzz...go'way!...zzzzz..."

--

Nice job with the updates Munki. That cloner's pretty funky! ;)

Well, that'll piss 'em off--! :)

"zzzz...w'ha?...zzzzzzz....h'unh?...zzzzzz...go'way!...zzzzz..."

--

Nice job with the updates Munki. That cloner's pretty funky! ;)

Well maybe the clones will tell me where the terrorist training camps are now! ;) If not, I'll have to put them into stress positions ... LOL!

Not using the cloner now. Are you speaking of the wick cloner?

Back
Top Bottom