The New Autoflower Topping Thread

They are topped. Today was day 15 for all of them.
I cut Northern Light Blue and THC Bomb between the 4th and 5th set of leaves. The Purple Cheese and Smurfberry were cut between the 3rd and 4th set of leaves.

Smurfberry
420-magazine-mobile2059922496.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1609118174.jpg

Purple Cheese
420-magazine-mobile1451133998.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734457478.jpg

Northern Light Blue
420-magazine-mobile1821693723.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1921139063.jpg

THC Bomb
420-magazine-mobile2044515634.jpg

420-magazine-mobile199788095.jpg

My first grow Mars II 1600w coco grow -- 1600W LED 5x5 Tent

Impressive outcome Dan, very nice. It's important to top early and it's even more important to know your strain. I'm glad you shared some insight with us. Thank you,

KIG :green_heart:
Hey snid omg u fukn amazing at autos i jus started tryn my hand at an auto grow n well i dnt think its growing rite lol its only about 3 or 4 inches tall and already has bud sites starting i did top her but i dnt no y she isnt getn taller or is this normal??
420-magazine-mobile1235241577.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1864712213.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

After being parted with my girls for about a week, I came back to see them at perfect time to top :)

Although, I might have rushed it a bit with one of them, as the lower leaves seem to be yellowing quite a lot.
My guess would be that it's N def, since I didn't feed them anything yet. Up until yesterday when they were topped.

Hopefully she will recover.

420-magazine-mobile1370034446.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1450442879.jpg

These were grown in 2.5gallon pots. They were supposed to be 3, but for some reason only ended up being 2.5gallon. From the Revolver I pulled just over 3oz, from the topped JH I ended up with 3.5oz and from the other JH I pulled 3.25. I had another JH in the tent that also yielded 3.25oz. This is dry weight after all of the buds were cut into grape sized nugs...off the stems. This was my best group of 4 with a 13oz yield. I ran these in FFOF and used the FF trio only. No supplement. I also used molasses instead of calmag. My current grow, (one of 3 is shown below) is at about 49 days old. No nutes, no cal mag, no ph adjustment, no flush...straight tap water. This is FFOF and KindSoil. This is a water only system, no teas or any other additives...100% organic. This is my second run with this combination. I posted this pic somewhere else and mislabeled it. This is a CKS Revolver.

IMG_040254.JPG
IMG_039946.JPG
omg man amazing u r one hell of a grower congrates on ur auto skill I hope to achive ur lvl of growing one day. it will happen I'm sure jus takes time and experience here is my first ever attempt at an auto grow I think its a messed up seed or prolly me messing up more likely lol its 31 days old and has buds starting but is only like 3 or 4 inches tall will she get bigger or did imess up so bad on sumthn tht I shud jus toss her n start fresh? I jus dnt wana toss her and have her end up being one of those really short girls but the buds are huge as shit lol tht mite jus be wishful dreaming on my end hahaha but yea here she is
20170319_212828.jpg
20170319_212855.jpg
20170319_162109.jpg
20170319_162133.jpg

I topped at roughly 2 or 3 weeks dnt member exact date an time but she like 4 or 5 sets of leaves like 3 r 4 true sets and tht bottom one feather leaf idk if u count tht as a node or not but yea any1 please let me know what I'm doin wrong or will it make it or is it one of those things nobody can tell me and I jus gotta wait n time will tell?? I hate the waiting game hahaha but atleast this waiting game is worth it and I'm not gunna get robbed or ripped off like what cud happen wen havn to go get street weed so glad I'm dun dealing with tht shit plus now I can pick whatever strain I want or need but yea thanx 4 any and all help u can give brotha and again lookn great bro congrates on ur mad skillz

omg man amazing u r one hell of a grower congrates on ur auto skill I hope to achive ur lvl of growing one day. it will happen I'm sure jus takes time and experience here is my first ever attempt at an auto grow I think its a messed up seed or prolly me messing up more likely lol its 31 days old and has buds starting but is only like 3 or 4 inches tall will she get bigger or did imess up so bad on sumthn tht I shud jus toss her n start fresh? I jus dnt wana toss her and have her end up being one of those really short girls but the buds are huge as shit lol tht mite jus be wishful dreaming on my end hahaha but yea here she is
20170319_212828.jpg
20170319_212855.jpg
20170319_162109.jpg
20170319_162133.jpg

I topped at roughly 2 or 3 weeks dnt member exact date an time but she like 4 or 5 sets of leaves like 3 r 4 true sets and tht bottom one feather leaf idk if u count tht as a node or not but yea any1 please let me know what I'm doin wrong or will it make it or is it one of those things nobody can tell me and I jus gotta wait n time will tell?? I hate the waiting game hahaha but atleast this waiting game is worth it and I'm not gunna get robbed or ripped off like what cud happen wen havn to go get street weed so glad I'm dun dealing with tht shit plus now I can pick whatever strain I want or need but yea thanx 4 any and all help u can give brotha and again lookn great bro congrates on ur mad skillz

I just topped my autos first time ever.
But the only logical thing I can come up with in your case is that you topped too late when the plant was in the flowering already and topping stunned the growth. Thus small buds..

But as I said I'm a noobie with this stuff, so would be better to check with others for sure.
If that was me, I'd keep her going and see what happens next. It doesn't look like it's going to be much but always something. You can always start another seed already, knowing that this one is going to be small.

Good luck with it dude!

But the only logical thing I can come up with in your case is that you topped too late when the plant was in the flowering already and topping stunned the growth. Thus small buds..

But as I said I'm a noobie with this stuff, so would be better to check with others for sure.
If that was me, I'd keep her going and see what happens next. It doesn't look like it's going to be much but always something. You can always start another seed already, knowing that this one is going to be small.

Good luck with it dude!

lol I already did I started a strawberry cake and a Cinderella 99 but those r both photos I'm guna do another bluberry auto on the first wen I put one of early v into flower and thus free up sum space in the veg tent for another auto grow :cheer: anyway thanx man and member keep it green and stay frosty my friend :Namaste:

UPDATE!!

So the girls are coming along nicely they just started week 4 of flowering.
The humidity here is ridiculous as we have had a couple of weeks of constant down pours, so my humidity is high 85% - 90%. Heading down to buy a dehumidifier. Temps have been ideal now the summer is cooling off, temps around 24c too of 32c lights on...

I have lollipoped my random bean and took off most the tiny popcorn bud sites...

The AK Auto has stopped drinking again, this time I know why. She hates being bashed, I accidentally kinda took off a tiny pop corn bud just to see how she would go and now she's drowning her self...
She will bounce back quick and strong like last time...

Here's some pics

AK Auto
Is that a hermi???

420-magazine-mobile2044084032.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1857278686.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1339652760.jpg
420-magazine-mobile891503335.jpg
420-magazine-mobile20827443.jpg

The random been ( either critical/ northern lights)
420-magazine-mobile1343312289.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1181951688.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1456012249.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1171986490.jpg
420-magazine-mobile457451636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Good luck with it dude!

On the bright side, if those ARE flowers already, at least you won't have to worry about light not getting to all the bud sites! :)

hallo :)

here is an update from my automazar.today is lollipopping day.now she have 8 big colas.today is day 67.next update around day 120 when harvest

CAM008611.jpg

Here's my Automazar at day 70. She's large many tops but slow. I have them in 3 gallon pots, Canna Coco lineup. A little nerve racking. I have 5 others that are much more mature but smaller. My experience with autos have been very inconsistent with all steady environment and feeding schedules. I prefer photos.
420-magazine-mobile1583075676.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here's my Automazar at day 70. She's large many tops but slow. I have them in 3 gallon pots, Canna Coco lineup. A little nerve racking. I have 5 others that are much more mature but smaller. My experience with autos have been very inconsistent with all steady environment and feeding schedules. I prefer photos.
420-magazine-mobile1583075676.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Nice. .

my journal
King's True Grow - Autos - LED - 900 - Tent - Pro Mix

I have some spindley rascals too. Seem to be slow budding. Don't know if it's normal , or if I'm doing something wrong...lighting, environment, water/nutes. Probably depends on strain mostly. Have you looked on here for journals of others growing same plant. Compare your growth to theirs, but also keep in mind that if they're experienced growers, theirs will most likely be looking better. Still a reference though. Good luck buddy. Enjoy the ride.

Update here us my first attempt at lst topping . Screwed two nyc d topped too early I'm thinking. Learning. Hoping it shoots up soon. Been two weeks no growth. Candy cane auto very impressive. Love these plants. Working so nice.
420-magazine-mobile289103869.jpg
Nyc d week 5 from seed.
420-magazine-mobile1497443889.jpg
Nyc screw up on topping these plants are short and bushy I'm finding. Little harder for noobs like me.
420-magazine-mobile1552477016.jpg
Candy cane auto cks about week ago.
420-magazine-mobile1330039719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom