The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd post an update on my SBR auto that was topped on day 18. Did a slight lst on her. Picture is day 44 from sprout, in a 5 gallon smart pot, being fed Nectar for the Gods nutrients.
420-magazine-mobile898970296.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1812076248.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd post an update on my SBR auto that was topped on day 18. Did a slight lst on her. Picture is day 44 from sprout, in a 5 gallon smart pot, being fed Nectar for the Gods nutrients.
420-magazine-mobile898970296.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1812076248.jpg

Very nice indeed. I'm bout halfway along as you, and don't have near as much growth as you. Can I expect it to pick up. Some are showing first signs of pistils.

Very nice indeed. I'm bout halfway along as you, and don't have near as much growth as you. Can I expect it to pick up. Some are showing first signs of pistils.

Mine took off at first signs of pistols. If you're just starting flower you should see an uptick in growth. Keep feeding veg nutrients until all vertical growth has stopped, then switch to bloom.

Mine took off at first signs of pistols. If you're just starting flower you should see an uptick in growth. Keep feeding veg nutrients until all vertical growth has stopped, then switch to bloom.

Thanks a lot. Bald. So pistils appearing, & beginning flower are the same?

Thanks a lot. Bald. So pistils appearing, & beginning flower are the same?

In my experience yes it's the beginning of the flowering stage, but you should still feed veg nutrients until you see all vertical growth stop. At this point your flowers should be starting to take form.

In my experience yes it's the beginning of the flowering stage, but you should still feed veg nutrients until you see all vertical growth stop. At this point your flowers should be starting to take form.

Thanks a lot bald!!

Thanks - this is good to know. Mine are just starting to flower and I was concerned that they are kind of small but hopefully they will keep growing too :)

What a difference a day makes... Well 7...Here's a blue treacle on day 14 just before topping and then there is her today on day 21. She had a little nute burn but gave her a good flush and she didn't seem to slow down one bit. Growing in a 25ltr pot and under 400w hps and have done a bit of lst on her too. Glad I read this thread before I started my grow, gave me the confidence to give my babies the snip and they are all the better for it, thanks again for all the great info on here guys ..
420-magazine-mobile823662903.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1266075195.jpg
420-magazine-mobile32813829.jpg

What a difference a day makes... Well 7...Here's a blue treacle on day 14 just before topping and then there is her today on day 21. She had a little nute burn but gave her a good flush and she didn't seem to slow down one bit. Growing in a 25ltr pot and under 400w hps and have done a bit of lst on her too. Glad I read this thread before I started my grow, gave me the confidence to give my babies the snip and they are all the better for it, thanks again for all the great info on here guys ..
420-magazine-mobile823662903.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1266075195.jpg
420-magazine-mobile32813829.jpg

That's awesome man!! I have a couple 22 day plants as big as one of those tips. Jealous!! :thumb:

Here are my babies that I'm planning on topping.

Blue Critical auto from Dinafem
420-magazine-mobile631502980.jpg

And Bubblegum auto from TH Seeds
420-magazine-mobile539048833.jpg

Clearly Blue is going much more vigorous at the moment, it was like that from the seed. Let's see how it will play out later.

Wanted to clarify, when is the good time to top?
I know after 3rd node and between 14-21 days.
But which one is the true leafs 3rd node? Do I count as number one the leaf that's right after cotyl? Or the one that's with more than one feathers ?
Cheers!

Here are my babies that I'm planning on topping.

Blue Critical auto from Dinafem
420-magazine-mobile631502980.jpg

And Bubblegum auto from TH Seeds
420-magazine-mobile539048833.jpg

Clearly Blue is going much more vigorous at the moment, it was like that from the seed. Let's see how it will play out later.

Wanted to clarify, when is the good time to top?
I know after 3rd node and between 14-21 days.
But which one is the true leafs 3rd node? Do I count as number one the leaf that's right after cotyl? Or the one that's with more than one feathers ?
Cheers!
All depends on The amount of branches you would like. The higher she is topped the more branches that grow out .

"carpe diem"

All depends on The amount of branches you would like. The higher she is topped the more branches that grow out .

"carpe diem"

I get ya!
Thanks for the response!

Going away for a week now, so should be back right in time for the snip :) hopefully it won't be too late :)

Back
Top Bottom