TheBlaze's Sour Chiesel - Blue Cheese & Black Rhino In Coco

Thanks bud! I think I replied to your thread the same time you replied to mine. LOL!

If it weren't for you, it would be pretty lonely in this thread. :thumb:

Don't worry, I'm not going to cry. I guess more people will sub up once I get to flowering.

yeh exactly, hard to drum up traffic when in veg. I started mine like 30 days into 12/12 so it picked up reasonably fast. Itll get lonely in mine soon enough n ill be pining for some company aswell. Youre plants look great so I guarantee you when 12/12 strikes, youll be overwhelmed

n if it doesnt, youll always have me

Hi Blaze, I had to leave my girls for an extended period recently, I read a watering tip from Doc Bud...the "dunk" method of watering basically submerging the entire pot in a bucket of water or nutrient solution. I fill a 10 gallon bucket 3/4 full and immerse my 7 gallon containers holding them under till they are saturated...works great. I use a coco/HP Promix substrate, the coco really holds moisture. An added benefit is air drawn into the root mass as water drains out the medium...using oxygenated water only intensifies the effect.

Thanks for that tip Brownstone. Definitely something worth considering.

On to the update...

Growth has slowed a bit since transplanting to the large pots. I should maybe have charged the medium with a half strength nute mix. I can see the plants are hungry. Slight yellowing of the bottom leaves. They have been fed twice since the repot, and new growth looks healthy, so I'm not overly concerned. Also, I'm sure some energy is being expended on growth below the surface. So that will also account for slower vegetative growth. I expect them to take off in a few days from now.

I notice there is very little space between internodes. Those won't cause any problems later on will it? I'm used to my plants stretching a little more than this. Light is about 50cm from the canopy. I won't lower it again.

Here is a group shot of the girls. What do you guys think?

20151006_071423.jpg

Just remember, the light from the HPS will make the plants appear more yellow than they actually are. Still, they are not the deep green they should be. They are getting full strength nutes now, but only 500ml every 36 - 48hrs. Will give them a litre each tomorrow and see how they respond.

In my first grow, I really pushed the nutes to the limit and it worked well. Might start doing the same here.

Update: 3 weeks under light.

Growth is starting to pick up again, and the plants are settling in to the new smart pots. They seem to be heavy feeders as well, which suits me just fine.

Sour Chiesel. The strongest of the bunch
sc27.jpg

Black Rhino. This one looks like it could be a bit of a mutant. It's had this strange growth from the beginning
br16.jpg

Blue Cheese
bc19.jpg

After doing a little research it seems the plants may be suffering from some heat stress. Will run the AC for longer periods of time and maybe move the light up a little and see how they respond.

Better and better...

I made some changes to the grow area to alleviate some more heat. Could notice a difference in just 12 hours.

The weird leaf on the Black Rhino is definitely a mutation. It is split like a snakes tongue.

22 days

20151009_075121.jpg

Thanks bud

Update:

The Blue Cheese literally grew about 2 (maybe more) inches overnight. Couldn't believe my eyes. It is now the tallest of the bunch, and it is starting to smell. A nice fruity dank smell. It's going to reek in flowering.

25 days from seed.

20151012_071740.jpg

Some comments would be nice guys. Thanks

Thanks Henry

I tend to have a heavy hand when feeding, but it seems to work. In my previous grows I had some issues with pH, but now I have a pH pen. Best R550 (about $45) I've ever spent. Don't ever use the pH color test thingy. It's very inaccurate. Lesson learnt.

Thank you for the reps bud!

Update

27 days from seed

Everything ticking along nicely. They were fed again this morning, but I notice the Sour Chiesel is clawing a bit. So on saturday they will all get plain water. No nutes.

The taller sexy lady on the left is Blue Cheese. Short, fat girl on the right is Black Rhino and the one in the back is Sour Chiesel.

20151014_071336.jpg

Blue Cheese
20151014_071521.jpg

Thanks Henry! I'm hoping to switch to flowering next friday, but we'll see.

I have a question for you guys. Is there any point to using beneficial microbes in a chemical grow?

looking awesome bro, seems like this grow is gonna work out just fine. I think the benefits of microbes are better roots, better intake of nutes & generally healthier plants...not sure how you go about it though.

Back
Top Bottom