TheBlaze's Sour Chiesel - Blue Cheese & Black Rhino In Coco

Hey blaze, I noticed as well that my plants are drinking hard. Initially I was 2ltrs every 3 days but they could do with more so I went every 2days ages ago but for a while now I think they could do with being watered every 36hrs! its too much, every 2 days is the max im prepared to do lol!

You're right about the schools of thought on fan removal...who knows for sure, experimentation I suppose & im sure strains react differently. My plants get that way too with the droopiness, especially the bottom end but im still only watering every 2days lol! :tokin:

Do you also use fabric pots? Sorry, I can't remember. Will head over to your journal just now.

Do you also use fabric pots? Sorry, I can't remember. Will head over to your journal just now.

Yes I use fabric pots...my thinking is that every 2 days is enough, surely the roots need a bit of breathing time. I've read before that once plants are done with processing chlorophyll i.e. they absorbed enough light for the day that they will wilt to stop the process even if the medium is well moist. In other words just because they wilt doesn't necessarily mean they need more water...& as they say, less is more lol!

That's interesting. Haven't heard that before. Thanks man. Apparently plants in fabric pots do drink more though. At least, that is what my mentor says. It's the reason he doesn't use them anymore as his grow is quite large. So watering every day or even every 48hrs is just too much work for him.

I think your right about fabric pots...the problem is that they retain less water than normal pots so hence the need to water more often. I still like it but if your growing many plants then it could be a problem. I'm only doing 4 & its already a pain in the ass lol!

For me it's having to adjust pH that annoys me. Everything else is just good fun. LOL

For me it's having to adjust pH that annoys me. Everything else is just good fun. LOL

Don't get get me wrong I don't mind it that much, after all they need it to produce the green magic! But I concur about the pH adjustment, that is a bit of a pain unless you can get it right first time lol! But since I got the portable a/c ive not adjusted the pH at all, ive been using the water that drips out the unit & there's plenty of it. The pH of this water was about 6.4 when I checked ages ago & the plants seem to like it. So no more adjusting for me, plus I think the water must be excellent to use since its essentially free of any unwanted elements...I assume it comes from the humidity in the room which includes the transpiration of the plants. So if you ever think about adding an a/c then know that it also acts as a pure water dispenser for plants lol.
:thumb:

LOL! I do have a portable AC in the room. No water dripping out though.

LOL! I do have a portable AC in the room. No water dripping out though.

I think there should be water that needs drained from the unit. When I say dripping I don't mean water coming out the sides & cracks, I mean with a tube that comes with the unit. Is it one with a duct that blows hot air out the window?

Yeah, one of those but I thought the duct was to suck fresh air in. LOL!!!

I never kid about ducting...

haha, but on a serious note you should check the bottom of the unit for a plug or something to release the water. It must need drained...I can't think of any such a/c that doesn't require water to be emptied. Then use that wonderful h2o my friend, no more pH adjustments!
:woohoo:

Awesome bud. I will definitely check for that plug tonight. Would be interesting to see what the pH is. I will report back here tomorrow.

High five! :cheer:

Awesome bud. I will definitely check for that plug tonight. Would be interesting to see what the pH is. I will report back here tomorrow.

High five! :cheer:

I expect a full report on my desk by o nine hundred lol!
:passitleft:

Plants were looking quite perky this morning. So I hope to see an explosion of growth in the next day or 2.

The Black Rhino is a strange plant. Mutated, twisted leaves and the leaves feel like course paper or shark skin. Very rough. I don't think I've ever felt leaves like that before. Do mutants deliver on the buds, or the opposite? I know you can't tell for sure, but bear with me and give me your opinions.

SolMJ, I forgot about the AC thing. Sorry man... I have dishonoured you.

DAY 31

20151021_072518.jpg

Blue Cheese
20151021_072549.jpg

Good stuff blaze, not sure about the leaves on the black rhino...my iced widows are also feel a bit rough, maybe its a trait found in heavy indica's. Anyway i'll let you off this time regarding the a/c lol! :grinjoint:

You may be right Sol. That plant worries me a bit though. I suppose we will see during flowering.

Back
Top Bottom