TheBlaze's Sour Chiesel - Blue Cheese & Black Rhino In Coco

Thanks Henry!

Growth has picked up nicely again. Took a photo this morning. Will post up a bit later.

A little early for an update, but what the hell. Note the new growth in the middle of the 2 plants on the right.

32 days

20151022_071537.jpg

I get the feeling the blue cheese on the left is going to have a mighty stretch in flowering. Think I will switch to 12/12 this sunday.

Look at them go! I've gone up to 2L every 2 days, and that seems to be what they want. So I've learnt something new. Don't let fabric pots dry out too much.

Should be able to flip them on sunday. High five!

20151023_070954.jpg

Look at them go! I've gone up to 2L every 2 days, and that seems to be what they want. So I've learnt something new. Don't let fabric pots dry out too much.

Should be able to flip them on sunday. High five!

20151023_070954.jpg

Yo Blaze!
Your gals look great my dude. :goodjob:I notice you grow in coco. I agree! My experience says its ok to water / feed coco heavy and often.
I don't let the pots dry out. Matter of fact, I feed daily for 12 hours via dripper. Then off for 12. They seem to like wet feet.
IME, when the plants have mature root systems, your feed duration can increase, they will love you for it.:circle-of-love:

Thanks Stage! The root system theory makes good sense.

In my first grow, I struggled with overwatering. It kind of put me off watering too regularly.

A few different phenos for the blue cheese. My favourite is a quick flowering really cheesy pheno. Has dense buds too!
I think all big buddha's blue cheese phenos are good in they own ways though.

My coco always dries out before I feed, never had a problem. Leaves always stay healthy and green right until harvest.

Looking good mate :thumb:

I've never grown blue cheese or smoked it, so it's good to know their stuff is legit.

Do you use fabric pots Secretlab? I also always used to let my coco dry out before watering, but the fabric pots are a little different. I'm guessing with the bigger root ball and extra oxygen, it doesn't like dry conditions.

If I had cottoned on to that a few weeks back, I'm sure the plants would be bigger now. Oh well

Thanks guys!

Thanks Stage! The root system theory makes good sense.

In my first grow, I struggled with overwatering. It kind of put me off watering too regularly.

Blaze,
What kind / size of pots did you use? Did it have proper drainage?
I recommend the fabric smart pots.
They drain well, allow air to pass through the root zone, and they promote branching which is your friend because you don't get root bound. I always say, treat coco like hydro. More feedings the better. In my grow I am drip feeding for 12 hours every day during flower.:popcorn:

They're in 5 gal fabric pots Stage. Never grown with fabric before, so I had no idea the plants would be so thirsty. It's a good thing, but I just didn't know. The difference since I started feeding/watering more regularly is staggering. Explains why my plants were drooping quite often, even though they looked healthy. At least I've learned something for the next grow, which will begin immediately after I harvest these girls.

I'm definitely going to have to rig something up for those 4 days I will be at the coast in december. Can't afford to let them dry out so much in flowering.

Will be giving them 8 hours of darkness today, and then tomorrow straight into 12/12.

Let the show begin.

I get you blaze, ive been watering my 11ltr fabric pots every 2 days with 2ltrs but now I increased that to 3ltrs every 2 days because they look thirsty! I can hear the drums beating from a distance, I think blooming time is nearing lol! :grinjoint:

Wow, they're drinking alot. Those are big girls for 3 gal pots. Impressive bud! Tomorrow I will increase to 2.5L every 2 days.

By the way, they look fantastic now. So vigorous. They will get another 8 hrs of darkness today and then 12 hrs tomorrow.

I will update with a photo tomorrow morning.

Plants got 8 hrs of darkness on saturday and sunday. The light went off at 8am this morning, and will come back on at 8pm tonight.

The Sour Chiesel is already showing me her lady bits. She is a real tart.

20151026_071807.jpg

It's happening as we speak. Currently they have been dark for 7 hrs now. Light will come on again at 8pm. So today is officially the start of 12/12.

The Sour Chiesel has already pushed out some pistils. So it will start flowering quickly.

It's happening as we speak. Currently they have been dark for 7 hrs now. Light will come on again at 8pm. So today is officially the start of 12/12.

The Sour Chiesel has already pushed out some pistils. So it will start flowering quickly.

sweet about the same time as me. how many weeks is your longest flowering strain

So it's a race to the finish line... LOL

Probably the Sour Chiesel at about 10 weeks. Then Blue Cheese at roughly 9 weeks, and Black Rhino should finish at 8 weeks. I thought the black rhino was white rhino x black afghan, but I just read that it is white rhino x og kush. Interesting. I need to double check that.

How long for your strain?

So it's a race to the finish line... LOL

Probably the Sour Chiesel at about 10 weeks. Then Blue Cheese at roughly 9 weeks, and Black Rhino should finish at 8 weeks. I thought the black rhino was white rhino x black afghan, but I just read that it is white rhino x og kush. Interesting. I need to double check that.

How long for your strain?

mine is also 10 weeks so we should finish up about the same time

Back
Top Bottom